1. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    16 Sep '06 11:34
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]A. Pope
    Sure. But which one?[/b]
    Alexander? You should have read the Da Vinci Code instead of just "reviewing" it. 😵
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    16 Sep '06 18:37
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    [b]I find it unpleasant when people benefit at others' expense.

Why? If people are just the products of a cosmic burp, and have no intrinsic value, I see no reason why you should find it unpleasant at all.[/b]
    Because humans evolved to have compassion and a sense of fairness and I am typical in that respect.
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '06 19:30
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Why? If people are just the products of a cosmic burp, and have no intrinsic value, I see no reason why you should find it unpleasant at all.
    That's very rich coming from a person who has said numerous times before that intrinsically we are all disposable and deserving of eternal torment. If all my value is merely conditional on the existence of some extrinsic agent; and on my standing in some sort of relation to this agent; and possibly on other eschatological considerations; then I simply have no intrinsic value. So don't you see the irony here? In particular, that we have no intrinsic value is certainly not entailed by our being the "products of a cosmic burp"; but it does seem to be entailed by your own beliefs. So quit pretending.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Sep '06 21:23
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    That's very rich coming from a person who has said numerous times before that intrinsically we are all disposable and deserving of eternal torment. If all my value is merely conditional on the existence of some extrinsic agent; and on my standing in some sort of relation to this agent; and possibly on other eschatological considerations; then I si ...[text shortened]... smic burp"; but it does seem to be entailed by your own beliefs. So quit pretending.
    Where did I say that? To the contrary, we are intrinsically valuable because we are created in the image of God. By rejecting God we choose to be seperated from him eternally by means of our own free will.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '06 23:38
    Who am I?

I am a created living vessel made to contain an uncreated divine life of God my Father.

Where do I come from?

I was created by the good pleasure and will of God. He knew me before the universe came into existence.

What is the meaning of life?

The meaning of life is the destiny of all the saved - New Jerusalem. There God and man are united as one mingled entity. I am an individual living vessel made to contain God. New Jerusalem is the corporate and collective vessel made to contain God.

The meanin of life is seen in Jesus Christ. God wants to mass produced sons of God like Jesus Christ and build them up together into New Jerusalem.

Where do I go when I die?

I have eternal life. Any death I exeperience will be overcome by bodily and spiritual resurrection.

Death is the last enemy to be conquered by Christ. In the new heaven and new earth with the New Jerusalem death is no more forever.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree