1. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 23:19
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    And my wife.

(I mean she's an Essex girl not GoaD's sister!)
    Essex girls gonna be Essex girls.😵
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 00:46
    Originally posted by whodey
    We're all gonna die! 😲
    If not the next 50, without a doubt the 50 after that, for the vast majority of us.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 00:58
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    If not the next 50, without a doubt the 50 after that, for the vast majority of us.
    Do your religious beliefs fuel your pessimism or are your religious beliefs fuelled by your pessimism?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 02:061 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do your religious beliefs fuel your pessimism or are your religious beliefs fuelled by your pessimism?
    You're assuming a "pessimism" that isn't there just so you can feel justified in having a go at him.

So how's your misanthropy? Not much better, I see. Or do you take care to only direct it at Christians these days so you can "justify" it?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 02:13
    No I would not, I think it has more to do with the great falling away due to sin.
    There are some in the RCC who foresee a "great apostacy" coming soon (by soon, I mean this pope or the next).
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 02:262 edits
    FMF to KellyJay: Do your religious beliefs fuel your pessimism or are your religious beliefs fuelled by your pessimism?

Originally posted by Suzianne
    You're assuming a "pessimism" that isn't there just so you can feel justified in having a go at him.
    I think my question is a fair and apt one on this topic. The English language word "pessimism" encapsulates exactly how I perceive of the kinds of defeatist, doomsday things posters like you, KellyJay and galveston75 say about the world. And my question reflects my perception, just as it should do in a discussion like this where our opinions and perceptions are being elicited and shared.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 02:30
    So how's your misanthropy? Not much better, I see. Or do you take care to only direct it at Christians these days so you can "justify" it?
    I am positive and optimistic about the state of the world, and the way some things have changed for the better, and the prospects for people to address the issues in the future. And my professional life is firmly invested in assisting those who are positive and optimistic, like me, and who are working towards changing their immediate environments and the wider world for the better. Many of them are Christians, so I am not sure what point you think you are are making about "misanthropy", Christians, and the world.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 02:49
    There are some in the RCC who foresee a "great apostacy" coming soon (by soon, I mean this pope or the next).
    Jesus spoke about the end times, if we are near it than reality as we know will go away in
    front of our eyes the, world will be quite different. I'm not going to concern myself with that
    any more than I do the rapture, which I also believe in. As I have been pointing out to a
    few others here, no one is promised tomorrow, it doesn't matter when those two things
    happen, if you are not walking with the Lord now and you die, neither will make a
    difference to you.

I am a little surprised that some feel they will be alive a hundred years from now, but
    more power to them.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 04:39
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Actually can I get back to you on this. It has been the traditional view point that it was industrialisation what done it. People moving from countryside to city and the connection between church and laity was lost in the urban sprawl. You find clergy and sociologists going into the slums of London and Glasgow to record data like they were going i ...[text shortened]... o with it. Trollers gonna troll, haters gonna hate and Essex girls are gonna be Essex girls! 😵
    Is the book you are reading written by a Jehovah's Witness by any chance?
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 09:15
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    And my wife.

(I mean she's an Essex girl not GoaD's sister!)
    Hang on, hang on. Your wife is my sister's granny?!

Who am I again?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 10:19
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Hang on, hang on. Your wife is my sister's granny?!

Who am I again?
    Indeed if you are not yourself, who are you?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 14:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think my question is a fair and apt one on this topic. The English language word "pessimism" encapsulates exactly how I perceive of the kinds of defeatist, doomsday things posters like you, KellyJay and galveston75 say about the world. And my question reflects my perception, just as it should do in a discussion like this where our opinions and perceptions are being elicited and shared.
    If you wish to label it "pessimism" in order to make you feel better, then even though it might work and you feel better, you're still wrong. Words have definitions that are not wholly malleable depending on one's "perception". You're still just wrong.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 14:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am positive and optimistic about the state of the world, and the way some things have changed for the better, and the prospects for people to address the issues in the future. And my professional life is firmly invested in assisting those who are positive and optimistic, like me, and who are working towards changing their immediate environments and the wider w ...[text shortened]... not sure what point you think you are are making about "misanthropy", Christians, and the world.
    Exactly. And for you to lump Christians in with those who are not trying to make a better world in the face of what we know is coming is ridiculous and self-serving. Just because you do not see Christians as among those who help people regardless of the way the world is turning is no reason for your own "pessimism" against them. Your "perception" in this case is not reality. And that is the point I am making. But you knew that, too. Your continued misanthropic perception of Christians is not only misjudging, but misrepresenting them as a group, mostly for your own ego-stroking.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 14:24
    Jesus spoke about the end times, if we are near it than reality as we know will go away in
    front of our eyes the, world will be quite different. I'm not going to concern myself with that
    any more than I do the rapture, which I also believe in. As I have been pointing out to a
    few others here, no one is promised tomorrow, it doesn't matter when those two ...[text shortened]... e surprised that some feel they will be alive a hundred years from now, but
    more power to them.
    You're preaching to the choir, my friend.
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 15:05
    It appears that we are always in or about to enter the end times, according to someone, somewhere. We're just that important. I can imagine the forces for good and evil gearing up for the battle, some of them saying, "Finally, some action!" and others applying for a transfer.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree