1. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 11:57
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Yes more people brings more problems usually. But with issues like food, this planet could produce so much more but money and wicked governments has kept so many areas from thriving as they could with food production.
    I have to point out here that there is currently no problem of food production whatsoever. There is only a problem of food distribution.
    Zambia for example could easily double its output of maize if there was anyone willing to buy it. There isn't.
    The 'wicked governments' are of course the US and EU who use farm subsidies to over produce which causes untold damage to farming in the rest of the world. But it remains the case that the world produces more food than it needs and will likely continue to do so indefinitely.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 12:03
    Just wanted to see what you all feel will be the future of humans and this planet in the next 50+ years?
    My guess is lots more of the same. More people will get educated, more people will use the internet. Electric and self driving cars will become standard.
    AI and robotics will slowly take over many jobs. Society will need to come up with new ideas about how to run a society. But it will likely be a gradual change. India and Africa still have 20 years or more before they catch up with the west and start experiencing first world problems.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 12:061 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I have to point out here that there is currently no problem of food production whatsoever. There is only a problem of food distribution.
    Zambia for example could easily double its output of maize if there was anyone willing to buy it. There isn't.
    The 'wicked governments' are of course the US and EU who use farm subsidies to over produce which causes un ...[text shortened]... that the world produces more food than it needs and will likely continue to do so indefinitely.
    and yet the rhetoric form the UN is that we are facing a huge humanitarian crisis of some 20 million persons. In Yemen for example there is a proxy war going on between Saudi Arabia and its backers and Iran and its backers. Its a political man made crisis. Are you blaming the US and the EU for this?

https://www.pri.org/stories/2017-03-13/worst-humanitarian-crisis-decades-happening-right-now
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 20:51
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The 'wicked governments' are of course the US and EU who use farm subsidies to over produce which causes un ...[text shortened]... that the world produces more food than it needs and will likely continue to do so indefinitely.
    Hummm...Actually my research online shows it poverty, but distribution I'm sure is up there.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 21:08
    Originally posted by divegeester
    But on the other hand a report I heard only this week said that religious people reproduce more than atheists, so atheism was likely to die out.
    Just because religious people reproduce more, it doesn't necessarily mean that their kids will be religious
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 21:13
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I'm sorry you disagree with me? Our days our numbered, we should watch how we live.
    Death is not the end, if it were eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow you die.
    There may well be a purging of some sort. But it may well not be on the scale you predict. People still have the chance to wise up.
    If only all the Armageddony people would move to some Pacific Islands where they do Nuclear Testing, we would both be right 😀

But seriously at the end there you say "eat drink and be merry" , almost sounds like "enjoy the present don't worry about the future"
    ? So which is it? Worry about the future or enjoy the present?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 23:03
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    There may well be a purging of some sort. But it may well not be on the scale you predict. People still have the chance to wise up.
    If only all the Armageddony people would move to some Pacific Islands where they do Nuclear Testing, we would both be right 😀

But seriously at the end there you say "eat drink and be merry" , almost sounds like "enjoy ...[text shortened]... nt don't worry about the future"
    ? So which is it? Worry about the future or enjoy the present?
    I predicted nothing during the normal course of life many will die during the next 50 years. None of us are promised today let alone the next 50 years. With respect to (eat, drink, and be merry...) That is scripture 1 Corth 15: 32 if the dead are not raised.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 01:40
    I can't say for sure myself but I'm wanting to move away from the Oregon/Washington coast area as the soon to happen forecast is for this fault line just off the coast to slip. It's about 50 miles out and could generate a 9.2 as has happened in the past and it is overdue. I'm in Vancouver up the Columbia about 60 miles. But the infrastructure will be hea ...[text shortened]... umbia. They say that almost everything west of the interstate I5 will be be changed drastically.
    I would've guessed it was the politics. Much too liberal for snowflake "Christians".
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 01:47
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I predicted nothing during the normal course of life many will die during the next 50 years. None of us are promised today let alone the next 50 years. With respect to (eat, drink, and be merry...) That is scripture 1 Corth 15: 32 if the dead are not raised.
    You predicted nothing about the world losing a lot of people in the near future?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 03:18
    You predicted nothing about the world losing a lot of people in the near future?
    It loses a lot of people daily, you are talking about 50 years, half a century, are you kidding me?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 07:04
    Hummm...Actually my research online shows it poverty, but distribution I'm sure is up there.
    Would you mind posting the links to your research?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 10:331 edit
    I just looked up the rate of how many die a year and multi that by 50, so its 7,750,000.
    So with nothing really bad happening that is the norm.
    If something like a world war, or something else, it could get worse.
    Again, you and I are not promised tomorrow.
    I hope you have your life in order.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 11:05
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I think the world will become more and more secular. In the UK we have seen a massive shift towards secularism since the early sixties. A seismic shift.
    Would you agree this is due to the evolving intellect of UK citizens?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 11:47
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Would you agree this is due to the evolving intellect of UK citizens?
    No I would not, I think it has more to do with the great falling away due to sin.
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 11:56
    Just wanted to see what you all feel will be the future of humans and this planet in the next 50+ years?
    They will all have to make do without me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree