The Gap

The Gap

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maryland

Moves
25 Aug 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
All atheists are dishonest. That goes without saying. They even know it
themselves for that is part of the meaning of "atheist". Didn't you know
that?
You say there was a virgin birth and a resurrection and that atheists are dishonest? Give me a break!

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
25 Aug 11

All atheists are dishonest. That goes without saying. They even know it
themselves for that is part of the meaning of "atheist". Didn't you know
that?
I do know that.

Atheist is synonymous with dishonest.

But also friend, false religion is dishonest as well....... teaching obvious falsity without researching the claims of falsity.

Here is one point to research.

Jesus is said to be God so why does he disappear for 30 years only to show up in middle age life and preach?

He apparently was on the most important mission of his life and he disappears.

I can give you the answer.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Aug 11

Originally posted by Dasa
I do know that.

Atheist is synonymous with dishonest.

But also friend, false religion is dishonest as well....... teaching obvious falsity without researching the claims of falsity.

Here is one point to research.

Jesus is said to be God so why does he disappear for 30 years only to show up in middle age life and preach?

He apparently was on the most important mission of his life and he disappears.

I can give you the answer.
He did not disappear for 30 years. His parents had the custom of coming
to Jerusalem for the Passover Feast each year and they brought Jesus
along. One of these visits is recorded in the Holy Bible. On that visit
Jesus was 12 years old and His knowledge at that time amazed the the
Priests. The Holy Bible says He grew in knowledge and wisdom until He
was baptized with water by John the Baptist. At that Baptism the heavens
opened and the Holy Spirit descended upon Him like a dove and a voice
came from heaven saying, "This is My Son in whom I am well pleased."

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
25 Aug 11
4 edits

He did not disappear for 30 years. His parents had the custom of coming
to Jerusalem for the Passover Feast each year and they brought Jesus
along. One of these visits is recorded in the Holy Bible. On that visit
Jesus was 12 years old and His knowledge at that time amazed the the
Priests. The Holy Bible says He grew in knowledge and wisdom until He
...[text shortened]... like a dove and a voice
came from heaven saying, "This is My Son in whom I am well pleased."
Jesus went missing for 20 yrs or there abouts.

And at 32 he showed up to talk of God in Jerusalem.

I agree he did show up and talk of God but only after learning the spiritual teachings of the Veda which is why he was away for so long.

But when he returned the jealous rabbis had him killed for upstaging their authority with all the wealth of spiritual knowledge he had acquired from his travels in Kandahar which at that time was a great place of learning the Vedic ways.

The pseudo religious leaders at Jerusalem at the time did not want to learn of reincarnation and vegetarianism and the rest ......for it would disturb their meat sacrifices and their superstitious dogma.

So Jesus the man was murdered on a cross and later when many persons where attracted to the teachings of Jesus (the true teachings) the Bible was written but not by the followers of Jesus but by the meat eating pseudo religious leaders and politicians creating a book called the Bible which rejected many of the wonderful and true teachings of Jesus.

The pseudo religious leaders and the politicians came together to create this book but they knew it had to follow on from the old testament so they did away with the true teachings of Jesus and fabricated their own doctrine allowing for animal slaughter and rejecting reincarnation because reincarnation would not allow them to put fear into the people through falsely claiming persons only have one life to be saved by the Church..

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Aug 11

Jesus went missing for 30 yrs or there abouts.

And at 42 he showed up to talk of God in Jerusalem.

I agree he did show up and talk of God but only after learning the spiritual teachings of the Veda which is why he was away for so long.

But when he returned the jealous rabbis had him killed for upstaging their authority with all the wealth of spiritual ...[text shortened]... ating a book called the Bible which rejected many of the wonderful and true teachings of Jesus.
This must have been after His resurredtion for He was crucified on His
thirty-fifth birthday. If He was 42 that is 7 years later.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Aug 11

But when he returned the jealous rabbis had him killed for upstaging their authority with all the wealth of spiritual ...[text shortened]... into the people through falsely claiming persons only have one life to be saved by the Church..
Perhaps the Veda got some of their teachings from Jesus.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 Aug 11

I did not know you were a Christian. I was under the impression you were
a pretender. But if you say you are, I will accept that. I am glad you did
not need proof to believe. I was more like doubting Thomas and so God
had to give me proof before I could really believe. It is a strange thing
that it is proof only to me, for nobody else will believe it.
You say you did not know. You must have been the only one.

I have the faith of the mustard seed, but I cannot tell you how many times I have been castigated for the beliefs I mentioned in my post, by more conservative, ignorant, fundamentalist Christians with no imagination who choose to constrain God into the tiny box of their belief system.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 Aug 11

Proof is there but dishonest persons simply ignore it......as you have done.

Forbidden Archeology is 500 pages of proof...............but you choose to ignore.

You also choose to slander this book without studying it.

This is all dishonest.

Your comments are all rooted in dishonesty.

Why bother.
Forbidden Archaeology is 500 pages of conjecture.

For you to call it proof and to slander others for taking it at face value shows your motivation and calls into question YOUR "honesty".

Your demand that people take your bizarre notions and call them facts is laughable, especially when you clearly show your lack of intelligence in calling this book "proof".

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 Aug 11

But when he returned the jealous rabbis had him killed for upstaging their authority with all the wealth of spiritual ...[text shortened]... into the people through falsely claiming persons only have one life to be saved by the Church..
For you to twist the teachings of Jesus and to make up stories about His life and falsely claim He was killed for reasons other than why He was killed and to try to shoehorn Him into your own narrow philosophy is not only ludicrous and insulting, but blasphemous.

Too bad you seem to come into this forum so concerned with everyone else's sins when you care so little for the sins you commit yourself. This makes everything else you say a mockery. If anyone still believed ANYthing you say, this would show them why you are a liar and a fraud.

Cape Town

Moves
25 Aug 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
If anyone still believed ANYthing you say, this would show them why you are a liar and a fraud.
I don't think anyone ever believed anything he says. I don't think he believes it himself. He's a troll.

But your argument does not make a whole lot of sense either. You accuse him of sinning seemingly based solely on the fact that he is not a follower of your religion, (and thus doesn't believe as you do) then conclude that that makes anything he says 'a mockery' and that he is lying and a fraud.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Aug 11

Originally posted by twhitehead
I don't think anyone ever believed anything he says. I don't think he believes it himself. He's a troll.

But your argument does not make a whole lot of sense either. You accuse him of sinning seemingly based solely on the fact that he is not a follower of your religion, (and thus doesn't believe as you do) then conclude that that makes anything he says 'a mockery' and that he is lying and a fraud.
What is your reason for believing on Dasa?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
25 Aug 11

Forbidden Archaeology is 500 pages of conjecture.

For you to call it proof and to slander others for taking it at face value shows your motivation and calls into question YOUR "honesty".

Your demand that people take your bizarre notions and call them facts is laughable, especially when you clearly show your lack of intelligence in calling this book "proof".
It is one proof out of many proofs.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Aug 11
1 edit

Like I told you, Jesus did not go missing for He was living in Nazareth,
Israel all that time. He never left Israel to go to India or Afghanistan.
Your sources are lying to you.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Aug 11

Originally posted by twhitehead

I might say to you that blasphemy is a sin in nearly every religion on the planet.

Maryland

Moves
27 Aug 11

I might say to you that blasphemy is a sin in nearly every religion on the planet.
Blasphemy is truly a victimless crime!🙂