1. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    11 Aug '15 23:442 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I've always viewed Genesis as a historical statement that must either be accepted on its face or rejected through one's faith. I never thought of it as a theory.
    I think that it stands better as a mythical statement than a historical. Do not misunderstand me, however. In no sense does the term myth imply that something is untrue. The truth of myth is deep psychologically, but it differs from the truth of history. The reading of myth must be sensitive to metaphor and all orders of tropes, as well as to underlying meaning.

The myth of the fall, for example, is a true memory of the Neolithic Revolution. Here's an interesting reading of science and Biblical text: http://stephenshenfield.net/themes/prehistory/15-driven-from-eden-reassessing-the-neolithic-revolution.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Aug '15 01:35
    I've always viewed Genesis as a historical statement that must either be accepted on its
    face or rejected through one's faith. I never thought of it as a theory.
    I agree that Genesis was not written as a theory, but theories are popular with the scientific crowd in today's world. Therefore, some people have come up with the Genesis Theory to counter the Evolution Theory of explanation to attempt to fill in what Genesis does not tell us.
  3. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    12 Aug '15 01:42

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Aug '15 20:25
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I agree that Genesis was not written as a theory, but theories are popular with the scientific crowd in today's world. Therefore, some people have come up with the Genesis Theory to counter the Evolution Theory of explanation to attempt to fill in what Genesis does not tell us.
    Of course it wasn't theory, it was mythology. DUH.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Aug '15 20:36
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    I think that it stands better as a mythical statement than a historical. Do not misunderstand me, however. In no sense does the term myth imply that something is untrue. The truth of myth is deep psychologically, but it differs from the truth of history. The reading of myth must be sensitive to metaphor and all orders of tropes, as well as to underlyi ...[text shortened]... stephenshenfield.net/themes/prehistory/15-driven-from-eden-reassessing-the-neolithic-revolution.
    I got an error on your link.
  6. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 01:50
    I got an error on your link.
    So did I when I copied the terminal punctuation of the sentence as if it were part of the url. Delete that and the link works.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 04:04
    So did I when I copied the terminal punctuation of the sentence as if it were part of the url. Delete that and the link works.
    Why should we look at your links when you refuse to look at ours?
  8. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 04:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Why should we look at your links when you refuse to look at ours?
    When did I say that I won't look a links?

Never.

I said, "I won't watch videos." Give me something to read. It wastes less time.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 05:30
    When did I say that I won't look a links?

Never.

I said, "I won't watch videos." Give me something to read. It wastes less time.
    However, you put a video up for nobody to watch? Seems strange to me.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 09:23
    I'll check it out when I have time, little busy now.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree