The Gospel of Jesus vs The Gospel of Paul

The Gospel of Jesus vs The Gospel of Paul

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 18
3 edits

Originally posted by @thinkofone
The idea that Matthew 26:28 is alluding to His death is nonsensical on so many different levels. Some of which I've already cited.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

You're deceived. What else would the "POUR[ING] OUT" of His blood mean except His DEATH?

"For this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins." (v.28)

Are you so deceived that you cannot see that He means He is about to POUR OUT HIS BLOOD in death for the forgiveness of sins? What utter blindness.

The separation of the body and the blood also strongly indicates death.

" ... this is My body ... this is My blood"

The separation of the blood from the body signifies His being executed - put to death. Unbelievable blindness you display here.

Verse 29 strongly implies that He will resurrect from the dead in spite of the pouring out of His blood in death:

"I will by no means drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in the kingdom of My Father." (v.29)

He won't be doing that unless He rises from the dead.

The cup and bread commemorate the DEATH of our Lord Jesus:

"For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup you declare the Lord's death until He come." (1 Cor. 11:26)

Of course Christ can only come if He has been raised from the dead.

You're only displaying how deeply dishonest is your twisting of the New Testament Gospel.

F

Moves
03 Feb 18

Originally posted by @sonship to ThinkOfOne
You're only displaying how deeply dishonest is your twisting of the New Testament Gospel.
Is ThinkOfOne engaging in "demonic activity"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Is ThinkOfOne engaging in "demonic activity"?
Quote the post in which I used the phrase "demonic activity". You're so hung up on this, cut and paste the source quotation here.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 18

More to the point is that Paul was exceedingly faithful to preach the Gospel preached by Jesus.

Aside from "circumcision" I cannot think of anything major Paul spoke about that Christ did not. I don't think Jesus mentioned circumcision per se.

In principle, His dealing with Sabbath keeping was along the same line as Paul's dealing with circumcision.

F

Moves
03 Feb 18

FMF: Is ThinkOfOne engaging in "demonic activity"?

Originally posted by @sonship
Quote the post in which I used the phrase "demonic activity". You're so hung up on this, cut and paste the source quotation here.
So you are suggesting that you didn't say it?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
03 Feb 18

So you are suggesting that you didn't say it?
He's certainly implying that, but if you spend time locating and referencing it, he'll just evaporate from the thread.

F

Moves
03 Feb 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
He's certainly implying that, but if you spend time locating and referencing it, he'll just evaporate from the thread.
I'm interested to see if he is going to deny it.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Feb 18

I'm interested to see if he is going to deny it.
He does not need to be honest and truthful ..
He is saved ... hallelujah .. praise the Lord !!

F

Moves
03 Feb 18

Originally posted by @sonship
Do you deny saying to Rajk999 something along the lines of how he was being used by demons to discourage Christians from calling on the name of the Lord Jesus with heart and mouth? And do you deny addressing Rajk999, where you itemized what you characterized as being his disagreements with you and then asserting that there seemed to be demonic activity to resist believers to call on the Lord Jesus, or words to that effect?

S. Korea

Moves
03 Feb 18

I was wondering if there was something interesting here but it is just FMF interrogating people and very interested in pickign up some fragment of a statement somewhere.

OK, /next thread.

F

Moves
03 Feb 18

Originally posted by @jacob-verville
I was wondering if there was something interesting here but it is just FMF interrogating people and very interested in pickign up some fragment of a statement somewhere.

OK, /next thread.
Do you agree with sonship and think Rajk999 is engaging in "demonic activity"? That's what is being talked about.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Feb 18

OK, /next thread.
How about a thread discussing exactly what is the church of Christ? You seem to think its the Orthodox church. Some think its the Catholic church and that Peter started it.

S. Korea

Moves
03 Feb 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
[b]So I think I see your point... definitely, there are issues with how we execute the Gospel, but at the same time...
Actually, like usual, you don't see my point. You seem to have lost the thread of our discussion. I am not speaking of "executing the Gospel". I am speaking of how the vast majority of Christians neither "hear nor understand" the ...[text shortened]... during His ministry in and of itself. They have superseded His gospel with a different "gospel".[/b]
Then, I definitely do not see your point. I thought we were just talking about the weakness of fulfillment.

What is the different gospel you are talking about, then?

T

Moves
03 Feb 18

OK, /next thread.
Actually there has been quite a bit going on besides "FMF interrogating people" since your last post. In fact there have been at least 2 posts responding to posts of yours that you haven't addressed.

S. Korea

Moves
03 Feb 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
How about a thread discussing exactly what is the church of Christ? You seem to think its the Orthodox church. Some think its the Catholic church and that Peter started it.
I guess we could do something like that.

I'll get around to talking about that at some point. But, frankly, I have no idea on the timeline for that.

I have a full day tomorrow.