The Gospel of Jesus vs The Gospel of Paul

The Gospel of Jesus vs The Gospel of Paul

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @fmf
Do you deny saying to Rajk999 something along the lines of how he was being used by demons to discourage Christians from calling on the name of the Lord Jesus with heart and mouth? And do you deny addressing Rajk999, where you itemized what you characterized as being his disagreements with you and then asserting that there seemed to be demonic activity to resis ...[text shortened]... vers to call on the Lord Jesus, or words to that effect? [sorry everybody else for bumping this]
I haven't denied anything. I asked for the quotation of the usage of the phrase by me "demonic activity".

Yes - you can produce it?
No - you cannot produce it?

I recall saying something about "a doctrine of demons" as regards to it being taught from Scripture that there is no regeneration before the millennial kingdom. And I think I used the word "probably". Ie. To teach so was probably a doctrine of demons.

No need to over salivate over this.
That's old stuff now and I'm moving on.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
In Matthew 26:26-28 when Jesus tells them to eat His body (flesh) and drink His blood, He is really speaking of them eating and drinking His words just as He does in John 6. Jesus wants His words to abide in them.

I believe that AND I believe also the broken bread and cup of wine signify His death. It is obvious that that was His meaning.

Do you believe Jesus rose from the dead after His crucifixion ?
If not, please frankly answer with a simple "No".

What's also interesting is the meaning of the word translated as 'forgiveness' in Matthew 26:28 literally means 'freedom'.

The etymology of the word there I would be happy to examine closer. However doctrinally what you suggests agrees with Revelation 1:5, that Christ has loosed us or released us from our sins "by His blood".

A few English renderings of Rev. 1:5:

Berean Study Bible
and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and has released us from our sins by His blood,

Berean Literal Bible
and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To the One loving us and releasing us from our sins through His blood,

New American Standard Bible
and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, ... To Him who loves us and released us from our sins by His blood--

Holman Christian Standard Bible
... To Him who loves us and has set us free from our sins by His blood,

International Standard Version
... To the one who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood

NET Bible
and from Jesus Christ--the faithful witness, the firstborn from among the dead, the ruler over the kings of the earth. To the one who loves us and has set us free from our sins at the cost of his own blood

New Heart English Bible
and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, ... To him who loves us, and freed us from our sins by his blood;

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And from Yeshua The Messiah, the Trustworthy Witness, ... him who loves us and has loosed us from our sins by his blood.

Not ignoring the rest. Might comment latter.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 18
3 edits

This makes so much more sense than Him making some really awkward reference to His future death. Especially in light of Luke 22:19 where He says "do this in remembrance of Me." He's asking them to do it in remembrance of His words - NOT in "remembrance" of His death - which hasn't even happened yet.

He SAID ... to do this in remembrance of HIM .

It makes no sense if you are an unbeliever who does not believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ and of His death and resurrection.

First Corinthians 11:24 -
New International Version
"This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me."

New Living Translation
and gave thanks to God for it. Then he broke it in pieces and said, "This is my body, which is given for you. Do this to remember me."

English Standard Version
and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, “This is my body, which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me.”

Berean Study Bible
and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, "This is My body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of Me."

Berean Literal Bible
and having given thanks, He broke it and said, "This is My body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of Me."

New American Standard Bible
and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, "This is My body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of Me."

This is God speaking about His whole life of incarnation, life, and death, Do this in remembrance of Him - His whole life on earth as a MAN like us.

I would definitely include His resurrection in that remembrance also.

For HOW can He possibly COME again - unless He had LIVED again to do so? - the resurrection.

"For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you declare the Lord's death UNTIL HE COME." (v.26)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 18
1 edit

ToO, it is dangerous to your soul to tamper with the word of God as you so freely do.

I would caution you that this will work to your self deception and self destruction. By tampering with God's word as you imaginatively do you might increase your spiritual blindness and make even harder your conscience against the Holy Spirit.

You should learn to read the Bible and stop and say "AMEN" at each phrase, reverently and with a heart willing to be changed by Jesus Christ.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
03 Feb 18

[b] In other words, where were you when God, "Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,.." 2 Timothy 1:9

Given what I wrote in the OP, why have you framed your question in the gospel of Paul?

Once again ...[text shortened]... of others - not the words of Jesus. Yet inexplicably they call themselves "followers of Jesus".[/b]
Yes, I get it that you have made yourself interpreter and authority over the Word of God, subsequently also, based on your posting record, judge over the souls of men that disagree with you.

The hypocrisy in your post above proves how delinquent your understanding is. You choose what scriptures are valid and which are not, then criticize those that stand on the authority of the whole Word of God, when your opinion carries no greater weight than the opinions of those you condemn as heretical.

I wonder if you have the spiritual fortitude to answer the question I posed to you in a previous post. Unless of course you think you're above needing a redeemer.

You have a convenient way of avoiding the more difficult and hard to understand portions of scripture. Just simply dismiss their validity and frame the argument in such a way as to make yourself lord over others.

Moves
03 Feb 18

Originally posted by @secondson
Yes, I get it that you have made yourself interpreter and authority over the Word of God, subsequently also, based on your posting record, judge over the souls of men that disagree with you.

The hypocrisy in your post above proves how delinquent your understanding is. You choose what scriptures are valid and which are not, then criticize those that sta ...[text shortened]... ismiss their validity and frame the argument in such a way as to make yourself lord over others.
"...based on your posting record, judge over the souls of men that disagree with you."

You of course can substantiate that?!

F

Moves
03 Feb 18

Originally posted by @sonship to ThinkOfOne
You're only displaying how deeply dishonest is your twisting of the New Testament Gospel.
Do you think ThinkOfOne is engaging in "demonic activity"? It's a yes or no question.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Feb 18
2 edits

Do you think ThinkOfOne is engaging in "demonic activity"? It's a yes or no question.
I don't know. Do you think this is something that I HAVE to know?

But while you want to talk about demons, did you notice that the demons were expecting to be tormented at SOME time? They just did not want to go to that destiny before the time.

Pretty sad.

" And behold, they [the demons] cried out, saying, What do we have to do with You, Son of God? Have you come here before the time to torment us? " (Matt. 8:29)

The demons knew that the clock was clicking closer and closer toward "the time" - that awful time of final judgment.

How tragic for the evil spirits to KNOW that they CANNOT win to overthrow God's reign and that their destiny of defeat is only a matter of time.

Um, I do not know that ThinkofOne is participating in some kind of occult activity. It is sure that the demons are happy about the deception he teaches because men under deception only prolongs the time of their inevitable demise.

That I know.

If anyone suspects that he is under the influence of demons he should avail himself of the power of the blood of Christ.

For example, if YOU suspected that you might be under the influence of demons - unclean spirits - evil supernatural forces, you should ask that the blood of Christ would be your covering and protection against Satan's schemes.

F

Moves
04 Feb 18

Originally posted by @sonship
I don't know. Do you think this is something that I HAVE to know?
It's something I am asking you about what you think. Do you think ThinkOfOne is being used by demons in the same way as you've claimed Rajk999 is?

F

Moves
04 Feb 18

Um, I do not know that ThinkofOne is participating in some kind of occult activity.
What about Rajk999? I ask because he has different ideas about the meaning of scripture to you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Feb 18
1 edit

What about Rajk999? I ask because he has different ideas about the meaning of scripture to you.
What I said about Rajk999 really needs no further comment, though you seem to crave one.

I SAID, his teaching that there is NO regeneration of the human spirit in the church age, probably is a doctrine of demons.

I don't feel it is necessary to say more about that.

There can be no church, no called out ones, and no seeing or entering into the kingdom of God if there is no being born of God (ie. no regeneration).

Whose purpose does that best serve ?
Answer: Satan and his hordes - evil angels and demons.

There is, however, being born of God after one is naturally born, thankfully.

That's the best place to focus.
Don't ask me anymore to list the posters under demonic influence. It is stirring up an unhelpful scandelous matter which has little edifying.

Suffice it to say that it is really wrong and deceptive to say men cannot be born of God in the age of grace when the NT insists that they CAN.

"But as many as received Him, to them He gave the authority to become children of God, to those who believe into His name,

Who were begotten, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man,

but of God." (John 1:12,13)

F

Moves
04 Feb 18

What I said about Rajk999 really needs no further comment...
Because of the nature of his disagreements with you, do you believe that he is being used by demons and is, therefore, engaging in demonic activity? A yes or no will do; "further comment" than that is indeed not necessary.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Feb 18

Because of the nature of his disagreements with you, do you believe that he is being used by demons and is, therefore, engaging in demonic activity? A yes or no will do; "further comment" than that is indeed not necessary.
You sound as if you have some really important point waiting to be unveiled to everyone.

Do you?
Or do you just enjoy appearing to for a little?

What's your important point?

Let me take a stab at it.
Everyone who has a difference of interpretation of a Bible passage with me I accuse of being led by demons?

Is that what you want to say ??

F

Moves
04 Feb 18

You sound as if you have some really important point waiting to be unveiled to everyone.

Do you?
Or do you just enjoy appearing to for a little?

What's your important point?

Everyone who has a difference of interpretation of a Bible passage with me I accuse of being led by demons?

Is that what you want to say ??
A yes or no will do.

F

Moves
04 Feb 18

YWhat's your important point?

In ten years here I have never said anything like that to you. You're just making stuff up, sonship. I am asking you specifically about ThinkOfOne and Rajk999 in the context of this thread.