1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 23:50
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    [b]Let me see if I understand you correctly. When it's something that you don't agree with, then it's "taking liberties", while your interpretation is "God's word"?

The bible clearly indicates that Jesus is a person; not a mere embodiment of virtues, which you claim. Your exegesis supplants Christ's personhood with a nebulous ideal, thereby negat ...[text shortened]... [/b]

"Ultimately Jesus is not a person." - ThinkOfOne, Thread 69378[/b]
    Either you aren't articulating my "claim" properly or you didn't grasp the meaning of my posts. Maybe you should re-read the thread the you've taken that quote from.
  2. Illinois
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 23:56
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Either you aren't articulating my "claim" properly or you didn't grasp the meaning of my posts. Maybe you should re-read the thread the you've taken that quote from.
    I understood you just fine. We've already agreed to disagree, so let's just leave it at that. If you'd like to refine your position, please feel free. Lord knows, my mind has changed plenty of times.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 00:22
    I understood you just fine. We've already agreed to disagree, so let's just leave it at that. If you'd like to refine your position, please feel free. Lord knows, my mind has changed plenty of times.
    First of all I never claimed that "Christianity has nothing to do with exclusive allegience to the Person, Jesus Christ."

Second, I never claimed that Christ was "a mere embodiment of virtues."

So if you understand me just fine, then you are having trouble trying to articulate what I've said or don't have a problem putting words in my mouth.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 06:39
    Now if only he would stop washing peoples feet and actually help someone....
  5. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 18:30
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Now if only he would stop washing peoples feet and actually help someone....
    He does.......... , all the time , you just don't see it.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 22:50
    Of course, being a bible-believing Christian, I cannot agree with you. Sorry. Only those who repent and believe in Jesus Christ, and only those who are water baptized in His Name, shall receive the empowerment of the Holy Spirit.
    Water baptism?
    There is only one baptism in this current dispensation and that is the baptism by the Holy Spirit. I reference Ephesians chapter 4.
    Also, repentance is not a requirement for salvation. That would be a work, and works won't get one to heaven.

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved."
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 22:53
    Tossed to and fro be every wind of doctrine?
    Just egging you! 😉
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    18 Aug '07 13:46
    Originally posted by josephw
    Water baptism?
    There is only one baptism in this current dispensation and that is the baptism by the Holy Spirit. I reference Ephesians chapter 4.
    Also, repentance is not a requirement for salvation. That would be a work, and works won't get one to heaven.

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved."
    I am stunned to hear you say that repentence is not a requirement for salvation.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Aug '07 17:15
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I am stunned to hear you say that repentence is not a requirement for salvation.
    I agree, I'm a little stunned too. You either are following Christ or you
    are not and one thing that Jesus says is to repent. So unless you are
    of the opinion that obeying Christ isn't something we need to do, we
    need to tell the devil we are sorry.
    Kelly
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 13:301 edit
    [b]I am stunned to hear you say that repentence is not a requirement for salvation.[/b
    This is an interesting question because we see several accounts in the gospels that show various people reaching out to Christ in faith and were said to then have been made "pure" as a result. For example, the theif on the cross who died next to Jesus simply reached out to him in faith by saying remember me when you go to paradise. Christ then turns to him and tells him that he will be with him when he goes. Also we have accounts of people who reached out the Christ for their healing and then after they are healed he turns to them and tells them that their sins are forgiven. We can deduce from this that rigtheousness equals salvation, no? In fact, this fact is mentioned many other places in the Bible in regards to such people as Abraham. Therefore, if we believe what God has said then it will be accounted as righteousness for us as well. The question then becomes, Do we believe Christ who said that only through him do we have access to the Father? Do we believe Chirst who taught to go and sin no more?
  11. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 16:47
    Again, sticking with God's word on this one. Thanks.
    Where did you read God's words? I thought that humans wrote the bible. And the Koran. And the Talmud. And ......
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 19:43
    For heaven's sake, why?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree