the great flood

the great flood

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Apr 18

Originally posted by @apathist
You just said that learning is stupid.
No I didn’t. I said much knowledge gained from science can’t be fully trusted at any single point in time.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Apr 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
There's an honesty in science, often lacking in theology.

Science doesn't have all the answers, nor does it claim to have.
It certainly does claim that. Look at how many “scientists” treat those who challenge or want to further investigate the theories of man-made global warming and evolution.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Apr 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
It certainly does claim that. Look at how many “scientists” treat those who challenge or want to further investigate the theories of man-made global warming and evolution.
Brian Cox was on the One Show (UK tv show) this evening and was asked by another guest if the universe went on for infinity.

His answer? "We don't know."

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Apr 18

Brian Cox was on the One Show (UK tv show) this evening and was asked by another guest if the universe went on for infinity.

His answer? "We don't know."
Well one scientist answering in that way to one question certainly proves your point about science as a whole.

🙄

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Apr 18
1 edit

Well one scientist answering in that way to one question certainly proves your point about science as a whole.

🙄
It was an example of a 'scientist' (physicist) not being afraid to say 'I don't know.'

Better, I tender, 'not to know' than to just make stuff up to fill in the blanks. (Enter the theist).

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
18 Apr 18

...I said much knowledge gained from science can’t be fully trusted at any single point in time.
True.

I guess you need a prophet.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Apr 18

It was an example of a 'scientist' (physicist) not being afraid to say 'I don't know.'

Better, I tender, 'not to know' than to just make stuff up. (Enter the theist).
The Word of God, unlike the words of men, is completely trustworthy.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
18 Apr 18
1 edit

Some geological event let the mediterranean (fed by the atlantic) drain into the black sea, flooding villages. A myth was born.
Nope, global warming flooded the Persian Gulf.

http://ldolphin.org/eden/

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Apr 18

True.

I guess you need a prophet.
Don’t think prophets are around anymore.

“God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:”

(Hebrews 1:1-3)

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
18 Apr 18

The Word of God, unlike the words of men, is completely trustworthy.
I think you know how stupid you sound.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
18 Apr 18

Originally posted by @athousandyoung
Nope, global warming flooded the Persian Gulf.

http://ldolphin.org/eden
And pandora opened a box. I guess you are afraid of thinking.

Moves
18 Apr 18

Assuming that these scientists of your unsubstantiated ad numerum argument “treat” those who challenge their theories with distain, you may be confusing science, which is a discipline, with scientists, who, being humans, do not always adhere to their discipline, nor is it to be expected outside their laboratories.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
18 Apr 18

Don’t think prophets are around anymore.
Are you deaf?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
18 Apr 18

Originally posted by @js357
It seems to me that this personal relationship with God, being the basis of your belief about the flood, would lead you to back off from denying the apparent soundness of the scientific interpretation, which is advanced by people who do not have your personal relationship with God as guidance in this matter. There may even be people who have.a personal relationship with God, who disagree with you on the science.
Apparent soundness? Why would my relationship with God lead me to back off from denying a claim that nobody can agree on as true?

Christians don't agree with each other on everything that's out there. Trust in God isn't contingent on knowing the whole truth about many things.

A relationship with God, though, is contingent on believing certain essentials of the gospel, the flood not being one of them.
Yes, I believe there was a global flood just as God said. Believing that doesn't cause me to have a relationship with God. God is the cause. I digress.

I don't think science is all that sound. I trust it for practical things, but I don't think it's scientific to disagree with God.

It'll all come out in the wash! 😉

Moves
19 Apr 18

Originally posted by @secondson
Apparent soundness? Why would my relationship with God lead me to back off from denying a claim that nobody can agree on as true?

Christians don't agree with each other on everything that's out there. Trust in God isn't contingent on knowing the whole truth about many things.

A relationship with God, though, is contingent on believing certain essent ...[text shortened]... s, but I don't think it's scientific to disagree with God.

It'll all come out in the wash! 😉
i agree it’s not scientific to disagree with God since science is silent on the very existence or nonexistence of God and all other supernatural things. It deals only with natural explanations.