1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Jan '14 14:52
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    How would I know if God has a reason to do anything? With respect to sin
    in the world, sorry but that does not stop God from speaking. Sin has been
    dealt with by Christ. Since sin was dealt with by Jesus Christ, that would not
    stop God from speaking.

If you have a reason, I'm still listening.
    Kelly
    Precisely. He's done His job. The rest is up to us.

Why do you think there are no more prophets?
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '14 14:55
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Isn't that cute?

You consider yourself wise enough to deduce the salient points--- the tipping points, if you will--- as they relate to the issue of faith, and you zero in on... speculation about the age of the planet?

While your 'reasoned' approach is commendable, you're not even in the field of play yet. The age of the earth is inconsequential, si ...[text shortened]... in your own work, or you will exchange your goodness for the goodness He offers, free of charge.
    They may not be important aspects of YOUR faith.

But they are frequently claimed as important aspects of OTHER peoples faith.

Can we not make arguments that deal with the beliefs of one person/group
    without others complaining that those arguments don't apply to them?

If you're not a young Earth creationist then arguments about a young Earth
    probably don't apply to you. That doesn't mean they don't apply to anyone.
  3. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '14 14:55
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Precisely. He's done His job. The rest is up to us.

Why do you think there are no more prophets?
    Because god doesn't exist.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Jan '14 15:12
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Because god doesn't exist.
    I said, "Why do you think there are no more prophets?"

There were real prophets at one time. Not any more.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    06 Jan '14 15:58
    They may not be important aspects of YOUR faith.

But they are frequently claimed as important aspects of OTHER peoples faith.

Can we not make arguments that deal with the beliefs of one person/group
    without others complaining that those arguments don't apply to them?

If you're not a young Earth creationist then arguments about a young Earth
    probably don't apply to you. That doesn't mean they don't apply to anyone.
    Who ever is making a scientific belief (speculative perspective of the earth's age) a tenet of faith has put their underwear on over their pants. There is not a creed around (of which I am aware) which declares as an admission of faith a specific age to the earth.

None.

So if someone is making an issue on the topic, feel free to discuss their science, but be certain not to mix the carrots with the peas.
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '14 16:02
    I said, "Why do you think there are no more prophets?"

There were real prophets at one time. Not any more.
    Prove it.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Jan '14 16:09
    Prove it.
    I cannot argue anything to a man with closed ears and closed mind.

No argument is good enough for you, because you've already made up your mind and you won't have anything shake your antifaith.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Jan '14 16:16
    Who ever is making a scientific belief (speculative perspective of the earth's age) a tenet of faith has put their underwear on over their pants. There is not a creed around (of which I am aware) which declares as an admission of faith a specific age to the earth.

None.

So if someone is making an issue on the topic, feel free to discuss their science, but be certain not to mix the carrots with the peas.
    I have said for years that science and religion are two sides of the same coin, called truth.

Science meshes well with my beliefs. Too bad others can't see the wisdom in this, and must cling to their antiquated ideas that one must either believe in science or their faith, and that truth must be one OR the other. Truth is both, together. One does not weaken the other.
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '14 16:24
    I cannot argue anything to a man with closed ears and closed mind.

No argument is good enough for you, because you've already made up your mind and you won't have anything shake your antifaith.
    No, you can't argue because you CAN'T prove that there have been prophets.

Claiming I have a closed mind is just a pathetic cop out.

And untrue.

I believe what is indicated by the evidence.

There is no evidence that a god exists, and no evidence that there have been prophets
    of an existent god.

You could change my mind simply by proving that a god exists and that that god has
    sent prophets.

You cannot do that because you have no evidence.

And thus you try to shift the fault and the blame to me by pathetically and wrongly
    claiming I can't see because I have a closed mind.

No, I can't see evidence for god because there isn't any.

You are free to try to prove other wise any time you like.
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '14 16:25
    I have said for years that science and religion are two sides of the same coin, called truth.

Science meshes well with my beliefs. Too bad others can't see the wisdom in this, and must cling to their antiquated ideas that one must either believe in science or their faith, and that truth must be one OR the other. Truth is both, together. One does not weaken the other.
    Yes and you have been wrong for all those years.

Science and faith are utterly incompatible.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jan '14 22:40
    "Only fools despise this kind of intelligence, Prov 23:9.

Prov 23:9, “Do not speak in the hearing of a fool, for he will despise the wisdom of your words.”

"Yet, the “man”, ISH, possessing this type of insight from Bible Doctrine in His soul “will be praised”, which is HALAL in the passive Pual and future Imperfect that means, “to flash forth light, to shine, to boast or praise.” In the Pual Imperfect it means, “will be praised or commended.” This is an interesting word because it is used in scripture negatively for boastfulness, arrogance, etc. It is also the root word for Lucifer, “star of the morning” HEYLEL in Isa 14:12, whose arrogance regarding his God given beauty, intelligence and power lead him to rebellion against God. Yet, used positively, as it is here, it means to praise someone. So interestingly, what the wicked desire most because of their arrogance, (praise from others), the righteous will actually receive without desiring or seeking for it, as a result of their humility.

As Prov 27:2, says, “Let another praise you, and not your own mouth; a stranger, and not your own lips.” Cf. Prov 31:30-31 for the praise of the righteous woman. Therefore, it tells us of the blessing the righteous believer will receive from having wisdom and insight that comes from the right application of Bible Doctrine in your soul; they will win praise from others.

The Contrast! – The discipline, “But one of perverse mind will be despised.” “One of perverse mind” is AWAH for “to do wrong, or transgress” and LEB for “heart.” Here we see that this person’s heart, (right lobe of their soul), is wrong, sinful or perverted, meaning they do not have wisdom and insight from Bible Doctrine stored in the heart of their soul, and therefore have sin and evil resident in their soul with built up scare tissue on their soul. This person is led not by the Word of God and the filling of the Holy Spirit, but by their sin nature, feelings and emotions." -Rickard
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Jan '14 23:00
    Yes and you have been wrong for all those years.

Science and faith are utterly incompatible.
    You know better than this. You only say this because you want to see the end of all faith.

And I didn't say faith. I said religion.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Jan '14 23:04
    No, you can't argue because you CAN'T prove that there have been prophets.

Claiming I have a closed mind is just a pathetic cop out.

And untrue.

I believe what is indicated by the evidence.

There is no evidence that a god exists, and no evidence that there have been prophets
    of an existent god.

You could change my mind simply by provin ...[text shortened]... for god because there isn't any.

You are free to try to prove other wise any time you like.
    Prove that God doesn't exist and that there have been no prophets.

It's a stalemate.

Yes, you have a closed mind because you refuse to believe anything that doesn't show itself to you. And yeah, that *is* a cop out.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Jan '14 23:06

None.

And I like carrots and peas together.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jan '14 23:382 edits
    You know better than this. You only say this because you want to see the end of all faith.

And I didn't say faith. I said religion.
    "You know better than this. You only say this because you want to see the end of all faith. " -Suzianne

Interestingly, this will eventually occur around the globe one nano second after the Rapture. Believers in Christ won't be around to play online correspondence chess and contribute to this spirituality forum; initially, unbelievers only will populate Red Hot Pawn. Wonder what the topic title will be of the first thread: "Where is everybody?" or "WTFudge is goin on?" For the next seven years of the Tribulation some unbelievers will finally wake up, change their minds about the Risen Christ and the Grace Gift of Eternal Life He made possible by His Substitutionary Spiritual Death which eliminated sin as an issue. What do you think of Christ is the only issue now and will be the only issue during the terrible persecutions, worldwide chaos and slaughter of those seven years. Even food will be difficult to obtain for those who refuse to worship the Anti-Christ.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree