1. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 05:24
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I don't need to bet....
    Just be honest and say you won't bet.

even if it's not 2017 it will happen someday!
    Maybe so, but this thread title says 2017, and I wanted to know how sure of that date you were. Clearly not sure at all.

Do you really think that the US will last forever and that Christians won't be persecuted here?
    I do not think the US will last forever. I very much doubt that Christians will be persecuted there in the near future. There definitely wont be 'the greatest persecution of Christians in history in 2017'. I would bet US$10,000 on that. I would bet more if I had it.

You on the other hand won't even bet a dollar suggesting you are here promoting lies (stuff you don't actually believe in).
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 07:20
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Just be honest and say you won't bet.

[b]even if it's not 2017 it will happen someday!

Maybe so, but this thread title says 2017, and I wanted to know how sure of that date you were. Clearly not sure at all.

Do you really think that the US will last forever and that Christians won't be persecuted here?
    I do not think the US will last fo ...[text shortened]... even bet a dollar suggesting you are here promoting lies (stuff you don't actually believe in).[/b]
    Well I can see moneys you're god!
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 07:211 edit
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    How do you get from 2 Timothy 3:12, which just says that the godly will suffer persecution, to a great persecution of Christians in the US in a couple of years?
    Well whatever the verse is from the word of God so all true Christians whoever they may be will have persecution! Especially those who want to live godly lives!
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 07:42
    You won't even risk a dollar. Clearly it is more important to you than to me, or you are simply sure that your claim is wrong.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 10:39
    The Greatest Christian Persecution in history begins 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlI97RKm1go

14:59
    from the tv show "the newsroom"

YouTube

The Newsroom is a show about a fictional news show that covered events from real life. it uses quotes from real american politicians.

there is no christian persecution. there is no muslim threat.

in fact, the opposite is happening. christianity is creeping in america and represents a real threat to american progress.
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 13:55
    Have you heard of this thing called grammar?

There is an episode of Star Trek DS9 where everyone goes down with a virus
    that causes them to have aphasia and they land up creating gibberish sentences
    and cannot communicate with each other...

Your post reminded me of this.
  7. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 14:101 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge

Even when the grammar is correct, creationism is still gibberish.🙂
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 15:27
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You won't even risk a dollar. Clearly it is more important to you than to me, or you are simply sure that your claim is wrong.
    What do you think the persecution will come before 2017? Or has it already got here!
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 15:29
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    from the tv show "the newsroom"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGAvwSp86hY

The Newsroom is a show about a fictional news show that covered events from real life. it uses quotes from real american politicians.

there is no christian persecution. there is no muslim threat.

in fact, the opposite is happening. christianity is creeping in america and represents a real threat to american progress.
    Christianity has already been here. Everything has been predestined. So what is progress?
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 15:30

Have you heard of this thing called Siri where you can talk your phone?
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 15:32

Was Spock a Christian? Where is he for all eternity? If we could teleport from here to Mars when we get to Mars would we be the same person, the same soul/mind inside of the body that teleported.
  12. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 16:57
    Have you heard of this thing called Siri where you can talk your phone?
    Yes. It sucks. don't do that.
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 17:04
    Was Spock a Christian? Where is he for all eternity? If we could teleport from here to Mars when we get to Mars would we be the same person, the same soul/mind inside of the body that teleported.
    Was Spock a Christian?

No. [also, I don't think he was on DS9. If he was, it was as a cameo only
    and not a regular cast member, so really don't see how this is in any way
    relevant.]

Where is he for all eternity?

Well, he's a fictional character, so I'm going to go with nowhere.

If we could teleport from here to Mars when we get to Mars would we
    be the same person, the same soul/mind inside of the body that teleported.

This is disputed... But almost certainly not the same person.
    The person at the destination would be an exact duplicate, and would think it
    was the same person and act like it was the same person, but the original would
    have ceased to exist at the start point.

There is no such thing as a soul, so what happens to one during teleportation is
    a meaningless question.

Also given that teleportation of people is impossible, not particularly important.

And all completely irrelevant.
  14. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 18:22
    Was Spock a Christian?

No. [also, I don't think he was on DS9. If he was, it was as a cameo only
    and not a regular cast member, so really don't see how this is in any way
    relevant.]

Where is he for all eternity?

Well, he's a fictional character, so I'm going to go with nowhere.

[quote]If we could teleport fro ...[text shortened]... portation of people is impossible, not particularly important.

And all completely irrelevant.
    This is disputed... But almost certainly not the same person.
    The person at the destination would be an exact duplicate, and would think it
    was the same person and act like it was the same person, but the original would
    have ceased to exist at the start point.
    If two objects have all the same properties then what empirical grounds do you have for claiming they are not the same object? Given that the only difference is their position and I don't feel that I've become a different person just because I've crossed the room I don't see that they are not the same person. If the person on the transmission pad is not destroyed then there are two copies, their experiences after the copying event are different and they become different people, but that is counter-factual to the imagined set-up.

Of course if the Christians are right the "new" person would be missing a soul (unless that was somehow transported as well) and so their properties would be different. The arrivee would be dead for one thing, if the soul both exists and is necessary to sustain the body.
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 19:28
    Christianity has already been here. Everything has been predestined. So what is progress?
    understanding religion is a personal choice. understanding you have no right to impose your religion on anyone else. understanding morality can exist without religion. understanding that science and religion do not mix and that science will make us grow as a civilisation, not religion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree