1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 19:28
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I don't need to bet even if it's not 2017 it will happen someday!

In Greek there are two meanings for time. One of the Greek words means time as in minutes and seconds and there's another time that means the time of the age. Usually ages last about 2500 years.

Do you really think that the US will last forever and that Christians won't be persecuted here?
    So in other words, don't hold your breath. Just another version of the 'end days' so-called prophesy. 2000 years and counting for THAT also.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 19:30
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    What do you think the persecution will come before 2017? Or has it already got here!
    I just think that you don't think it will begin in 2017. I think that by starting this thread you are attempting to spread claims that you yourself do not believe.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 19:40
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I just think that you don't think it will begin in 2017. I think that by starting this thread you are attempting to spread claims that you yourself do not believe.
    I can only assume he means those nasty Muslims are going to take over, become a majority and then start dismantling christian churches.

As much as I would wish for the dismantling of christianity I would hope it wouldn't be the result of an even more repressive religion. I would hope it would be from the idea that humans finally start thinking critically and figure out for themselves they have been, as a group, scammed and have been scammed for thousands of years.

Just a dream. I know humans are too stupid as a group to actually achieve that.

The fact that billions of humans fully believe in one form of religious BS or another, and at each others throats over it, proves the basic stupidity of humans in at least that one aspect of life.

The inability of most people to think critically.

Like fully believing the Earth is 6000 years old in spite of evidence coming from at least a dozen different science disciplines. Or the WW flood. Seriously? Seriously?

You can't see through those scams? Outright scams and you all just fall over and play dead believing all that crap.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 21:171 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I can only assume he means those nasty Muslims are going to take over, become a majority and then start dismantling christian churches.

As much as I would wish for the dismantling of christianity I would hope it wouldn't be the result of an even more repressive religion. I would hope it would be from the idea that humans finally start thinking criticall ...[text shortened]... gh those scams? Outright scams and you all just fall over and play dead believing all that crap.
    So you must think Jesus was an evil person and deserved to to be crucified for claiming He was the truth and deceiving all the Christians with His resurrection magic.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 21:49
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    So you must think Jesus was an evil person and deserved to to be crucified for claiming He was the truth and deceiving all the Christians with His resurrection magic.
    No, I just think that never happened. You in your brainwashing programming can never think critically so sorry for your brain.
  6. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 21:551 edit
    I think the men who put the bible together were creating a control system and the stories in it were designed to trap the gullible.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 01:11
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    No, I just think that never happened. You in your brainwashing programming can never think critically so sorry for your brain.
    You are lying and the Shroud of Turin and the Sudarium of Oviedo proves it.

Scientists: Relic authenticates Shroud of Turin

http://www.wnd.com/2000/10/4279/#!
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 02:10
    It is clearly the wish of many Christians, but I must emphasize not all, and now we know it is the wish of some of other faiths, that the end time cannot come too soon. Unfortunately, this influences their political choices.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 05:30
    You are lying and the Shroud of Turin and the Sudarium of Oviedo proves it.
    You are using the word 'lying' wrongly. Please get yourself a dictionary.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 07:171 edit
    You are using the word 'lying' wrongly. Please get yourself a dictionary.
    For sonhouse to say that I "can never think critically" is lying.

There are several meanings to lying in the English language. Here is how I am using it.

ly-ing

noun

1. the telling of lies, or false statements; untruthfulness:
    "From boyhood, he has never been good at lying."

Synonyms: falsehood, falsity, mendacity, prevarication.

Antonyms: truth, veracity.

verb

1. present participle of lie

verb (used without object), lied, lying.

5. to speak falsely or utter untruth knowingly, as with intent to deceive.
    Synonyms: prevaricate, fib.

6. to express what is false; convey a false impression.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lying
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 09:23
    For sonhouse to say that I "can never think critically" is lying.
    Then please explain how the Shroud of Turin and the Sudarium of Oviedo proves that you can think critically.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 14:381 edit
    Originally posted by OdBod
    I think the men who put the bible together were creating a control system and the stories in it were designed to trap the gullible.
    For what purpose???

They are not here to reap the 'benefits' of such a creation.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 14:40
    What people scramble to call "critical thinking" is usually just disagreement with a side order of justification.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 15:30
    Then please explain how the Shroud of Turin and the Sudarium of Oviedo proves that you can think critically.
    I gave a reference already. 😏
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Mar '15 15:42
    I gave a reference already. 😏
    The reference contains content showing that the Shroud of Turin and the Sudarium of Oviedo prove that RJHinds can think critically? I rather doubt that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree