1. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Feb '10 16:56
    Whats the point of faith if you dont have love and charity? Your so-called faith is null and void. Consider the following verses:

1Cor 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not love/charity, I am nothing.

1Cor 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is love/charity.

Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
    Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
    Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

And there are many more verses like those, so the message is clear.

The question .. How do these verses fit into the doctrine of the once-saved/always-saved gang? Please dont tell me that all those who profess their faith in Christ with their mouth also have love and charity!!

Your salvation revolves around your ability to show LOVE & CHARITY to your neighbour. Hence the reason for this passage in Romans:

Rom 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
    Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
    Rom 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
    Rom 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
    Rom 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
    Rom 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another😉
    Rom 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Clearly here it is explaining the position of those Gentiles who know no law but whose conscience guides them to do good works. These gentiles will be justified in the day of judgment.

Faith + Love = Perfection
    Faith (the kind professed with your mouth) = Nothing
    Love and Charity trumps faith everytime.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    25 Feb '10 23:17
    All you need is love
    love is all you need

The Beatles
  3. At the Revolution
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 01:57
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Whats the point of faith if you dont have love and charity? Your so-called faith is null and void. Consider the following verses:

[quote]1Cor 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and [b]have not love/charity, I am nothing.

1Cor 1 ...[text shortened]... (the kind professed with your mouth) = Nothing
    Love and Charity trumps faith everytime. [/b]
    Then why do you hate Muslims so much?
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 13:18
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    All you need is love
    love is all you need

The Beatles
    This love that the New Testament speaks of you cannot give unless you have the divine life.

It is apape love - "We know we have passed from death to life because we love the brothers"

This love issues from the new birth and is a divine love. The natural man does not have this love. The regenerated man who is born of God has this love, but must learn to live by this love.

Peter "loved" Jesus in the natural sense and did not want Jesus to go to the cross. Jesus rebuked him and called him Satan. Jesus said your mind is not set on the things of God but on the things of man. Jesus said that Peter should get behind him because he was a stumbling block to him.

This natural human love falls short of the things of God. This natural human love can even be a tool of Satan. The agape love that issues from the divine birth is the love of Christ spoken of in the NT.

The Beatles were not singing about the agape love that issues from the divine life of God.

However, human natural love is not altogether bad. It is just not capable of fulfilling God's purpose. Its element and flavor is that of Adam. The love of First Corinthians 13 is of Christ and is divine.

It would have been better if the Beatles had sung "All you need is Christ".
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 13:282 edits
    Originally posted by scherzo
    I was doing my public ministry yesterday for a about two hours, going from house to house preaching and teaching about the kingdom of God, and the people who were the most interested and the most friendly and hospitable were Muslims. I was invited in and offered dinner at the house of one Farooq and his wife, which i declined. I was invited into a home by a man from Peshawar and a lady from Afghanistan, Nabila here name was, they were asking me about my experiences of preaching to people, we talked a little about spiritual things, it was alright. I met a lady called Wafaa, an Iraqi Kurd, she spoke very soft Arabic and took a great interest in what we were saying. All in all, the muslims in my public ministry are the most friendly and hospitable.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 13:53
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I was doing my public ministry yesterday for a about two hours, going from house to house preaching and teaching about the kingdom of God, and the people who were the most interested and the most friendly and hospitable were Muslims. I was invited in and offered dinner at the house of one Farooq and his wife, which i declined. I was invited into a ...[text shortened]... ere saying. All in all, the muslims in my public ministry are the most friendly and hospitable.
    why did you declined dinner?
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 14:04
    Originally posted by jaywill
    This love that the New Testament speaks of you cannot give unless you have the divine life.

It is apape love - [b]"We know we have passed from death to life because we love the brothers"

This love issues from the new birth and is a divine love. The natural man does not have this love. The regenerated man who is born of God has this love, but mus ...[text shortened]... e.

It would have been better if the Beatles had sung "All you need is Christ".[/b]
    Gosh man! the lyrics are"all you need is love" not "all you need is christ". How daft. "love" implies Christ and all those other spiritual dudes you like to sweep under the carpet. Christ! -I blaspheme in your general direction.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 14:051 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    why did you declined dinner?
    i was in a large block of flats and i wanted to speak to as many people as possible for i had a limited amount of time before i had to go home. Mr Farooq and his wife were about the third couple that i spoke with, had i accepted their very kind offer, i would have not spoke to anyone else before i had to go home.

it was in the red road flats, you should check it out, possibly one of the tallest housing complexes in Europe, if not the tallest. All the asylum seekers get sent there. Its not a very nice area, but its not the worst either.

www.redroadflats.org.uk/
  9. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 16:16
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    All you need is love
    love is all you need

The Beatles
    love is the meaning of life,
    life is the meaning of love

The Rutles
  10. At the Revolution
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 18:29
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I was doing my public ministry yesterday for a about two hours, going from house to house preaching and teaching about the kingdom of God, and the people who were the most interested and the most friendly and hospitable were Muslims. I was invited in and offered dinner at the house of one Farooq and his wife, which i declined. I was invited into a ...[text shortened]... ere saying. All in all, the muslims in my public ministry are the most friendly and hospitable.
    I know. But Rajk enjoys lampooning Muslims.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Feb '10 18:30
    Originally posted by scherzo
    If you mistake my criticism of the doctrine and modus operandi of some the Islamic community as hatred then you need to either grow up or ... grow up. I criticize Christians also who preach doctrines contrary to what Christ taught.

The concept of love as taught by Christ can only be demonstrated by the act of giving and sharing with those less fortunate than yourself, your time and your worldly possessions. Love does not mean accepting the often evil actvitities or wrong doctrines of Muslims -- which you are guilty of doing.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Feb '10 00:35
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    If you mistake my criticism of the doctrine and modus operandi of some the Islamic community as hatred then you need to either grow up or ... grow up. I criticize Christians also who preach doctrines contrary to what Christ taught.

The concept of love as taught by Christ can only be demonstrated by the act of giving and sharing with those less fortunate ...[text shortened]... ting the often evil actvitities or wrong doctrines of Muslims -- which you are guilty of doing.
    ""can only be demonstrated""

So that's all it takes huh?
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Feb '10 02:423 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Gosh man! the lyrics are"all you need is love" not "all you need is christ". How daft. "love" implies Christ and all those other spiritual dudes you like to sweep under the carpet. Christ! -I blaspheme in your general direction.
    Since John Lennon himself eventually believed in Jesus, according to at least one biographer I read, there's no need to squabble with you about it.
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    27 Feb '10 04:17

It is apape love - [b]"We know we have passed from death to life because we love the brothers"

This love issues from the new birth and is a divine love. The natural man does not have this love. The regenerated man who is born of God has this love, but mus ...[text shortened]... e.

It would have been better if the Beatles had sung "All you need is Christ".[/b]
    Keep telling yourself that.
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    27 Feb '10 04:18
    Since John Lennon himself eventually believed in Jesus, according to at least one biographer I read, there's no need to squabble with you about it.
    Imagine there's no heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Imagine all the people
    Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one

John Lennon

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree