The Hagia Sophia

The Hagia Sophia

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
20 Jul 20

@philokalia said
I had actually acknowledged this in my previous post above this:

(1) Yeah, it feels as bad as a personal insult for a sacred space to be converted into a mosque, whether it's the first time or the second time. And no, it was not satisfactory that it was a museum, either, but it is far better than being a place where actively a religious service alien to its original purpose takes place.
Ok, but you now take it as a “personal insult”?

F

Moves
21 Jul 20

F

Moves
22 Jul 20

F

Moves
22 Jul 20

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Why has this post been alerted?

There is no profanity or harassment or intellectual property violation and no one has raised any objection.

Moves
22 Jul 20

@fmf said
no one has raised any objection.
Obviously, somebody did by alerting it.

F

Moves
22 Jul 20

@kegge said
Obviously, somebody did by alerting it.
But why? No one has raised an objection. What do you think is the objection to the content of the post? It has already been deleted once but this has happened for an as yet secret reason.

Moves
22 Jul 20

@fmf said
But why? No one has raised an objection. What do you think is the objection to the content of the post? It has already been deleted once but this has happened for an as yet secret reason.
Dude, you're tactics of third degree interrogation don't work on me. Figure it out yourself or complain to the site owner. Somebody alerted your post. Obviously somebody objected to it.

F

Moves
22 Jul 20

@kegge said
Somebody alerted your post. Obviously somebody objected to it.
Why do you think they did?

Moves
23 Jul 20

@philokalia said
I am an Orthodox Christian and I can say that this is a personal insult and a travesty.
It is interesting that you feel so strongly about the usage of a building since your conversion.

Did your conversion to Christianity also provide you with an equally deeply held offence of the slave trade, also from hundreds of years ago?

Moves
23 Jul 20

Moves
23 Jul 20

The post that was quoted here has been removed
What was it specifically about FMF’s post that you found “creepy”?

Moves
23 Jul 20

Moves
23 Jul 20
1 edit

@divegeester said
What was it specifically about FMF’s post that you found “creepy”?
Why don't you produce the inaccessible evidence of the missing posts? Then we can review them.

F

Moves
30 Jul 20

@divegeester said
It is interesting that you feel so strongly about the usage of a building since your conversion.

Did your conversion to Christianity also provide you with an equally deeply held offence of the slave trade, also from hundreds of years ago?
BUMP for Philokalia

@philokalia said
I am an Orthodox Christian and I can say that this is a personal insult and a travesty.

@divegeester said
It is interesting that you feel so strongly about the usage of a building since your conversion. Did your conversion to Christianity also provide you with an equally deeply held offence of the slave trade, also from hundreds of years ago?

Philokalia,

This question from divegeester has remained unanswered for a week. It's an interesting question and I think it would be interesting if you addressed it.

Moves
30 Jul 20

@caesar-salad said
Why don't you produce the inaccessible evidence of the missing posts? Then we can review them.
It’s ok if you don’t want to say.
I don’t suppose anyone is interested anyway.