1. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '12 00:031 edit
    Any of the trinitarians and/or readers of the King James Bible offer an explanation as to
    the translation of the term The Holy Ghost?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Feb '12 00:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Any of the trinitarians and/or readers of the King James Bible offer an explanation as to
    Maybe you could just drop the other shoe right now, instead of laying in wait to ambush us?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '12 00:16
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Maybe you could just drop the other shoe right now, instead of laying in wait to ambush us?
    (Let me dance over the trip wire just for kicks).

Yes robbie, the Holy Spirit is indeed part of the Trinity.

(Now run!!!!) 😲
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Feb '12 00:48
    Ghost is a person that can not be touched physically.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Feb '12 01:17
    Yes.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '12 12:221 edit
    I am asking about translation, why the term Ghost is translated from the Greek 'ruach',
    meaning spirit, can you provide an explanation? You know i dont buy the trinity, but
    this is about translation.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '12 12:24
    Originally posted by whodey
    (Let me dance over the trip wire just for kicks).

Yes robbie, the Holy Spirit is indeed part of the Trinity.

(Now run!!!!) 😲
    yes i understand, but why the term Ghost, can you think of any other instance of
    'ruach', translated as spirit, also wind in some cases, as being an apparition?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '12 12:25
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Ghost is a person that can not be touched physically.
    sooo you believe in ghosts RJH, and this is the basis for 'ruach', being translated as
    ghost instead of spirit.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '12 14:47
    If the bible say Ghost, then it must be a Ghost. The bible never lies, right?

I stop believe in ghosts when I entered schoolage. Some believe in ghoss even when they've grown up.
  10. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    13 Feb '12 15:42
    I am asking about translation, why the term Ghost is translated from the Greek 'ruach',
    meaning spirit, can you provide an explanation? You know i dont buy the trinity, but
    this is about translation.
    You say you don't "buy" the trinity but what is your understanding then of the Holy Spirit. Do you imagine God is not with us in person? How do you think God is able to know our thoughts , convict us of sin etc etc. ?

The Bible says in "Him" we live and move and have our being , not in "it" - therefore the Holy Spirit is God Himself , a personal presence.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '12 19:44
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    You say you don't "buy" the trinity
    Robbie doesn't "buy" the trinity (nor do I), but he readily states that JWs have 2 saviours, Jehovah AND Jesus.

He has also stated that Jesus is Abaddon, the arch-angel Michael and an agent of Jehovah.

Therefore assuming robbie speaks the truth of the JW organisation, the JWs credit Jehovah and an angel with the glory that belongs only to God for salvation.

I think traditional trinitarians or those worried about Greek translations of the original word for "ghost" have little to be concerned about.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '12 19:551 edit
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    You say you don't "buy" the trinity but what is your understanding then of the Holy Spirit. Do you imagine God is not with us in person? How do you think God is able to know our thoughts , convict us of sin etc etc. ?

The Bible says in "Him" we live and move and have our being , not in "it" - therefore the Holy Spirit is God Himself , a personal presence.
    do you or dont you know why the Greek word 'ruach', is translated as Ghost or do you
    not, for nowhere else is it translated as ghost, spirit yes, wind yes, but Ghost? This is
    really a rather poor reflection of how much you people actually know about your Bibles,
    you have really no idea why a verse is translated in the way it is, do you? that is very
    very worrying.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '12 19:571 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Robbie doesn't "buy" the trinity (nor do I), but he readily states that JWs have 2 saviours, Jehovah AND Jesus.

He has also stated that Jesus is Abaddon, the arch-angel Michael and an agent of Jehovah.

Therefore assuming robbie speaks the truth of the JW organisation, the JWs credit Jehovah and an angel with the glory that belongs only to God f ...[text shortened]... bout Greek translations of the original word for "ghost" have little to be concerned about.
    do you know why the term is translated as ghost or do you not, its not a very hard
    question, why you drivel on about unrelated and irrelevant details is a testimony to
    your babbling ability and nothing more.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '12 20:27
    do you know why the term is translated as ghost or do you not, its not a veg hard
    question, why you drivel on about unrelated and irrelevant details is a testimony to
    your babbling ability and nothing more.
    No I don't know and I don't particularly care either; is it a test?

You brought up the trinity in your OP so I'm not sure why your typical abusve vitriol needs yet another airing.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '12 20:30
    Originally posted by divegeester
    No I don't know and I don't particularly care either; is it a test?

You brought up the trinity in your OP so I'm not sure why your typical abusve vitriol needs yet another airing.
    well then what are you doing in my thread, i never brought the trinity anywhere near it,
    i mentioned trinitarians and readers of the king James Bible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree