1. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Joined
    19 Feb '09
    Moves
    36544
    10 Sep '11 09:09
    I have read that Time magazine asked Charles Lindbergh,the famous aviator,his views regarding the future of space exploration which had then just got under way, both by USA and the USSR. He replied that he was confident that Man will land on Moon and will also travel to Mars in the foreseable future. But,the more important journey,according to him was not into outer space but into inner space. He said that Man had not even started on that journey. Actually both in the west and the east, many had travelled that way,some the full distance, some part of the way. Many had described the journey and also prepared the road maps. This was in the philosophic and religious domains. Nowadays it is said that even Neuroscience had made great strides in its studies of the brain. So,Man is journeying into inner space from two separate directions. What are your views reg.i) whether our inward journey is more important than the the space exploration? And more resources need to be diverted towards the inward journey? ii) which is the more promising of the two directions of the inward journey? iii) what are the benefits to us as a race of the inward journey,if any?
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    8042
    10 Sep '11 09:49
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    I have read that Time magazine asked Charles Lindbergh,the famous aviator,his views regarding the future of space exploration which had then just got under way, both by USA and the USSR. He replied that he was confident that Man will land on Moon and will also travel to Mars in the foreseable future. But,the more important journey,according to him was not ...[text shortened]... of the inward journey? iii) what are the benefits to us as a race of the inward journey,if any?
    Cheating science will spend trillions of dollars to travel into space in an attempt to see what's out there.

    Even with the knowledge that they cannot go far and not for very long, still they will steal those dollars in the name of progress to satisfy their curiosity.

    They have told us they have got rocks from the moon but they still want to go back into space and give us more rocks. ( we don't want any-more rocks)

    That expensive space travel makes then very expensive rocks.

    What they are actually doing is trying to make sense of life and the universe but they are doing it all wrong.

    Everything they need to know will be found in the Vedas but they reject the Vedas because they do not want to share truth with anyone or anything and want to establish themselves as finders of the truth and keepers of the truth..

    They want to spend trillions of dollars to get the truth for themselves but the truth is not out there...........but within.

    Every honest person knows the truth is within as confirmed by the Vedas and to contact the within-ness the Vedas have the process.

    Not happy taking instruction from the authority of the Veda they go into space and give us rocks.

    They have rocks on the brain and because of dishonesty they continue to look outwards instead of inwards.

    This is all simply cheating because the authority is there (the Vedas) but they have set themselves up as the false authority and give us nothing.

    They are simply fools and rascals. and they are so proud of their learning they give each other certificates (Phd,s) in foolishness and falsity telling us that life comes from a muddy puddle.
  3. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    10 Sep '11 10:12
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    What are your views reg.i) whether our inward journey is more important than the the space exploration? And more resources need to be diverted towards the inward journey?
    What resources do you or I need to make what you call an 'inward journey'?
  4. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51424
    10 Sep '11 10:181 edit
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Cheating science will spend trillions of dollars to travel into space in an attempt to see what's out there.

    Even with the knowledge that they cannot go far and not for very long, still they will steal those dollars in the name of progress to satisfy their curiosity.

    They have told us they have got rocks from the moon but they still want to go back into s ertificates (Phd,s) in foolishness and falsity telling us that life comes from a muddy puddle.
    This is all simply cheating because the authority is there (the Vedas) but they have set themselves up as the false authority and give us nothing.

    Gave us nothing?! LOL!!!!

    You're sat at a computer somewhere in Brisbane polluting this forum with your 'one dimensional' diatribe and as usual you have no idea what you're talking about. What do you think drove the technology that enables you to have instantaneous conversations with people around the world?
  5. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Joined
    19 Feb '09
    Moves
    36544
    10 Sep '11 10:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    What resources do you or I need to make what you call an 'inward journey'?
    Neuroscience studies require resources,not only money and lab facilities but quality time of many top level scientists apart from globally coordinated research. Even in case of the Yogic studies or non yogic studies regarding Meditation and its outcome,controlled experiments will be necessary,requiring resources.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    8042
    10 Sep '11 10:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    What resources do you or I need to make what you call an 'inward journey'?
    People need to be taught how to think.

    Every deed done, thoughts thought and words spoken creates our reality.

    So thinking correctly will produce a reality of peace, harmony, happiness and more importantly love for god.

    When the person comes to the platform of love of God after thinking properly they are able to return back home to Godhead.

    Therefore the resources necessary for the inward journey are true knowledge, an effective process for applying that knowledge and an honest disposition to recognize true knowledge.
  7. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    10 Sep '11 10:56
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    Neuroscience studies require resources,not only money and lab facilities but quality time of many top level scientists apart from globally coordinated research. Even in case of the Yogic studies or non yogic studies regarding Meditation and its outcome,controlled experiments will be necessary,requiring resources.
    You need neuroscience and experiments regarding meditation to make an inward journey? What is stopping you and other like-minded people investing in these areas?
  8. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    10 Sep '11 10:58
    Originally posted by Dasa
    People need to be taught how to think.
    Do you advocate that we are all taught to think the way you think, Dasa?
  9. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Joined
    21 Aug '06
    Moves
    11458
    10 Sep '11 11:11
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Cheating science will spend trillions of dollars to travel into space in an attempt to see what's out there.

    Even with the knowledge that they cannot go far and not for very long, still they will steal those dollars in the name of progress to satisfy their curiosity.

    They have told us they have got rocks from the moon but they still want to go back into s ...[text shortened]... ertificates (Phd,s) in foolishness and falsity telling us that life comes from a muddy puddle.
    "rascals"!! I knew there was a word beginning with "r" you also use to insult scientists but could only think of "rapscallian" (however it's spelt)
  10. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Joined
    19 Feb '09
    Moves
    36544
    10 Sep '11 13:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    You need neuroscience and experiments regarding meditation to make an inward journey? What is stopping you and other like-minded people investing in these areas?
    Society,in the form of Government needs to invest, not individuals. Space programme is financed by Govt. Similarly Govt.should finance the inward journey.
  11. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    10 Sep '11 13:42
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    Society,in the form of Government needs to invest, not individuals. Space programme is financed by Govt. Similarly Govt.should finance the inward journey.
    You are suggesting that governments have not invested in things like neuroscience and other areas related to the "inward journey"?
  12. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    10 Sep '11 13:47
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    Charles Lindbergh [said] he was confident that Man will land on Moon and will also travel to Mars in the foreseable future. But,the more important journey,according to him was not into outer space but into inner space. He said that Man had not even started on that journey.
    Charles Lindbergh died in 1974. It's now 2011. Doesn't that mess up your attempted metaphor somewhat?
  13. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Joined
    19 Feb '09
    Moves
    36544
    10 Sep '11 14:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    You are suggesting that governments have not invested in things like neuroscience and other areas related to the "inward journey"?
    Not on the scale of space programmes,surely. And while there could be some govt. investment in Neuroscience studies,the investments in studies of Meditation may be negligible. Is discovering water in one of the moons of Saturn more of immediate relevance or study of human brain/mind? I think the Star Trek type journeys into the depths of space will not be of any practical significance unless the humans have a full knowledge and control of their minds/brains.
  14. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    10 Sep '11 14:33
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    I have read that Time magazine asked Charles Lindbergh,the famous aviator,his views regarding the future of space exploration which had then just got under way, both by USA and the USSR. He replied that he was confident that Man will land on Moon and will also travel to Mars in the foreseable future. But,the more important journey,according to him was not ...[text shortened]... of the inward journey? iii) what are the benefits to us as a race of the inward journey,if any?
    If this "inward" journey does not manifest itself in positive change in the "external" world, then it is of little practical value.
  15. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    10 Sep '11 15:05
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    Not on the scale of space programmes,surely. And while there could be some govt. investment in Neuroscience studies,the investments in studies of Meditation may be negligible. Is discovering water in one of the moons of Saturn more of immediate relevance or study of human brain/mind? I think the Star Trek type journeys into the depths of space will not be ...[text shortened]... ractical significance unless the humans have a full knowledge and control of their minds/brains.
    It's not necessarily an either/or dilemma, is it? Do you have some evidence that it is? You should advocate for increased investments in studies of meditation if you think that's a good thing. Are you claiming that the only achievement of space exploration has been discovering water in one of the moons of Saturn? Sounds like you're trying to slip a straw man in with that quip.
Back to Top