The KIngdom of God in Stages

The KIngdom of God in Stages

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Jun 18
2 edits

In the Bible the kingdom of God is revealed at different stages.

"And He said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man cast seed on the earth, and sleeps and rises night and day and the seed sprouts and lengthens - how he does not know.

The earth bears fruit by itself:
first a blade,
then an ear,
then full grain in the ear.

But when the fruit is ripe, immediately he sends forth the sickle, because the harvest has come. " (Mark 4:26-29)

it is possible that a constituent of the kingdom of God participates in one stage but does not in a subsequent stage.

He may not be ready to participate in the further development of the kingdom of God.

There are warnings to those who are born again into the kingdom of God that failure to be sanctified in a timely manner may render them unable to participate in the kingdom in a future stage (until they are properly sanctified).

I'll back this up as Rajk999 comes blathering in here railing against assurance of eternal salvation.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Jun 18
1 edit

"And He said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man cast seed on the earth, and sleeps and rises night and day and the seed sprouts and lengthens - how he does not know.

God's kingdom is a growing and maturing matter in stages.

The earth bears fruit by itself:
first a blade,

The initial stage of the kingdom of God.

then an ear,

Something further in the development of the kingdom of God.

then full grain in the ear.

And again, something further in the growth of the kingdom of God life in His people.

But when the fruit is ripe, immediately he sends forth the sickle, because the harvest has come. " (Mark 4:26-29)

The Harvest represents a maturation.
Will some believers not be ready in a timely way for the Harvest ?

Will they lose their eternal redemption?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Jun 18
1 edit

Stages in the kingdom of God is biblical.

Here we see that believers were TRANSFERRED (past tense) into the kingdom. In view of them being believers in Christ they have already been transferred into something of the kingdom of God.

"Giving thanks to the Father ... Who delivered us out of the authority of darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of the Son of His love." (Col. 1:12,13)

They are members of the church universal. They have been transferred into the kingdom of the Son of the Father's love.

Yet, these same believers are warned. There remains the possibility that in a future manifest stage of the kingdom of God, they might not be ready to participate.

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be led astray, neither fornicators nor idolaters nor adulterers nor effeminate nor homosexuals not thieves nor the covetous, not drunkards, not revilers, not the rapacious will inherit the kingdom of God. " (1 Cor. 6:9,10)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Jun 18
2 edits

Above we see that Christians have been TRANSFERRED into the kingdom (Col. 1:12,13).

But we see also that these have been warned that another stage of the kingdom is coming in the future. For it they should be prepared to participate through Christ's ongoing sanctification process (1 Cor. 6:9,10).

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Jun 18
1 edit

Above we see that Christians have been TRANSFERRED into the kingdom (Col. 1:12,13).

But we see also that these have been warned concerning worthiness to inherit the kingdom of God at some future time (1 Cor. 6:9,10).

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Jun 18

The saved Christian has been transferred into the kingdom of God. Yet she or he is to pray earnestly - "Your kingdom COME." (See Matt. 6:9-13)

Transferred into God's kingdom already YET praying for that kingdom's further manifestation on the earth.

Moves
10 Jun 18

How many “stages” are there please.

Just asking for a friend.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Jun 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
How many “stages” are there please.

Just asking for a friend.
I would answer that by just urging the believer to keep growing and keep maturing.

That is most important.
If you stay close to the Lord Jesus everything will pan out alright.

The principle here is to counter act certain naysayers about losing eternal salvation. They don't understand very well the NT.

I am transferred into the kingdom.
I am preparing for the kingdom to COME.
Both are true.

How many stages?

Receive Jesus and abide in Him living through Him and it will all seem as one continuous stage.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Jun 18

Originally posted by @sonship
I'll back this up as Rajk999 comes blathering in here railing against assurance of eternal salvation.
The only blatherer around here is you.

I have already stated and proved that assurance of eternal salvation is a biblical concept but it is not how your church defines it You think anyone who professes their faith with their mouth has that assurance. The Bible says no such thing. This assurance of eternal salvation is for the sheep of Christ only.

My sheep hear my voice,
and I know them, and they follow me:
And I give unto them eternal life;
and they shall never perish,
neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
(John 10:27-28 KJV)

That is the assurance from Jesus Christ.

You preach no such doctrine therefore you do not qualify.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Jun 18
6 edits

Originally posted by @rajk999
The premise of this Thread you will not be able to defeat.

That is that in the New Testament the unfolding stages of the kingdom of God imply that a saved person may participate in one stage but be ill prepared to in a further stage.

The eternally saved person fails to be ready to enter the further stage of the kingdom of God on time. We can see this in the Apostle Peter's two epistles.

1.) Already in the kingdom of God.

"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people acquired for a possession ... " (1 Pet. 2:9a)

Who can deny that the audience is in the kingdom of God?

2.) Yet if they develop rightly AN ENTRANCE into the eternal kingdom of God in the future will be supplied to them richly.

" Therefore, brothers, be the more diligent to make your calling and selection firm, for in doing these things you shall by no means ever stumble.

For in this way THE ENTRANCE into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be richly and bountifully supplied to you." (2 Pet. 1:10,11)

They are royal citizens of the kingdom of God yet they await an rich entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

They are in and of the kingdom. They await a rich ENTRANCE into the eternal kingdom via their growth and cooperation.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Jun 18

The premise of this Thread you will not be able to defeat.

That is that in the New Testament the unfolding stages of the kingdom of God imply that a saved person may participate in one stage but be ill prepared to in a further stage.

The eternally saved person fails to be ready to enter the further stage of the kingdom of God on time. We can see th ...[text shortened]... e kingdom. They await a rich ENTRANCE into the eternal kingdom via their growth and cooperation.
CONTINUE READING 2 PETER.

CONTINUE

READ THE WHOLE DAMN THING

FOOL !!!

CONTINUE READING THE WHOLE OF 2 PETER

SEE WHAT HAPPENS TO CHRISTIANS WHO FALL AWAY

READ IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Jun 18
2 edits

I have already stated and proved that assurance of eternal salvation is a biblical concept ...

Then if the assurance of eternal salvation is biblical then I am right. I have been teaching that ever since I came here.

but it is not how your church defines it

My church? My church is the same church that the twelve apostles were in. In fact it is the same church Paul, Luther, Calvin, Zwingly, Madame Guyon, Brother Lawrence, Whitefield, Wesley, Darby, Sojourner Truth, Billy Graham and all other genuine Christians are in. There is only one and it is not MY CHURCH as opposed to any other Christian brother's or sister's church throughout history.

We only go back to dividing her according to localities as the New Testament did.

" ... What you see write in a scroll and send it to the seven churches:
to Ephesus
and to Smyrna
and to Pergamos
and to Thyatira
and to Sardis
and to Philadelphia
and to Laodicea ... " (Rev. 1:11)

That is the one universal church designated practically according to cities. God sees all the Christians in a city as members of the city wide local church.

I have just come back to what God sees rather than what man has invented - denominations.

But to the matter at hand -

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Jun 18
1 edit

[b][quote] I have already stated and proved that assurance
God sees ONE CHURCH. .. The church of all who follow the commandments of Christ.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Jun 18

You think anyone who professes their faith with their mouth has that assurance.

You lie in that you exclude the important matter along with confess with your mouth - "believe in your heart" .

That is not MY invented thought. That is the apostolic teaching of the New Testament:

But what does it say? The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart ..." (Rom. 10:8a)

In your blathering lying accusations you omit that I teach that assurance is not just in the mouth but what is in the HEART. Your lying accusation purposely conceals that it says "in your mouth AND IN YOUR HEART" .

Blathering two bit heretic Jehovah's Witness reject you.

"That is you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord AND BELIEVE ... in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." (Rom. 10:9)

Your blathering misrepresentation is not what I have taught. I taught Romans 10:9.

The Bible says no such thing.

I taught that the "such thing" that the Bible taught was in Romans 10:9 - Confess with your mouth - Jesus as Lord and BELIEVE in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead.

This assurance of eternal salvation is for the sheep of Christ only.

The sheep are those who confess with the mouth Jesus as Lord and BELIEVE IN THEIR HEART that God has raised Him from the dead.

Now, to the point of the THREAD. Those who believed and confessed the resurrected Lord Jesus were brought into the kingdom of God.

YET it was STILL exhorted to them that through tribulations they must enter into the kingdom of God in the future. Therefore you have no way to refute that men can be in the kingdom of God in one stage and awaiting to enter another stage.

" Establishing the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith and saying tht through many tribulations we most enter into the kingdom of God." (Acts 14:22)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Jun 18

God sees ONE CHURCH. .. The church of all who follow the commandments of Christ.
And the first commandment we might say it

Confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead.

See Romans 10:9

You lie in conveying that I omit from the instruction to believe in the heart that God has raised Him from the dead.