1. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jun '18 13:51
    Why all this ridiculous nonsensical voluminous explanations.

Jesus said blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it. (Luke 11:28 KJV)

These will enter the Kingdom of God.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jun '18 20:22
    The subject is about men being in one stage of the kingdom of God who must enter into another stage in their future.

Have you written anything to refute this ?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jun '18 20:38
    The Christians have BEEN transferred into the kingdom of the Son of God's love (Col. 1:13)

"Who delivered us out of the authority of darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of the Son of His love."

Yet the disciples are to petition God that His kingdom COME.

"Thy kingdom COME. Thy will be done." (Matt. 6:19)

In the kingdom by transfer and waiting for a further stage of the kingdom to COME.

It is though many tribulation they are to enter into that further stage of the kingdom.

"Establishing the souls of the disciples, exhorting the, to continue in the faith and saying that through many tribulations we must enter into the kingdom of God." (Acts 14:22)

Rajk999 can change the subject but he cannot refute the OP.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jun '18 20:441 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    The subject is about men being in one stage of the kingdom of God who must enter into another stage in their future.

Have you written anything to refute this ?
    There are some very stupid Christians who will follow your false doctrine but Paul is very clear here:

For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them. (Ephesians 5:5-7 KJV)

Paul is addressing born again Christian Saints in Christ. He says:

Those who continue to sin WILL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD
    Do not allow any man [sonship for eg] deceive them with lies.
    Because these things will come upon all disobedient children of God
    Have nothing to do with people who are deceivers [sonship].

The warnings are clear. Disregard them if you wish.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '18 21:46
    “The KIngdom of God in Stages”

Is this thread about Klingons?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jun '18 21:572 edits
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    “The KIngdom of God in Stages”

Is this thread about Klingons?
    Its a theory promoted by Witness Lee, in which 1 Cor 3 with its 'tried by fire' business is used to prove that Christians who live unrighteously will enter the Kingdom of God in stages through a process of cleansing by fire in the millennium reign of Christ. Sounds like a doctrine of desperation. Klingons have a better chance of entering the Kingdom of God than sinful Christians .
  7. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    12 Jun '18 22:23
    If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.
    1 John 4:20-21
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jun '18 22:46
    And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. (1 John 2:3-5 KJV)
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Jun '18 22:55
    1 John 3
    5But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin.
    6No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.
    7Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.
    8The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jun '18 23:224 edits
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    There are some very stupid Christians who will follow your false doctrine but Paul is very clear here:

A desperate ad hom but NO rebuttal.

For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them. (Ephesians 5:5-7 KJV)

A quotation which goes to ESTABLISH my point.
    And NO rebuttal.

Quoting Ephesians 5:5-7 makes the very point that I teach. The Christians were already transferred into the kingdom of the Son of His love (Col. 1:13) but they are warned that if they fail to be sanctified, when the kingdom's manifestation in the next age arrives they may not inherit the kingdom of God.

Rajk999 reinforces my point here rather than refutes it.

Paul is addressing born again Christian Saints in Christ. He says:

Which establishes my point rather than refutes it. The CHRISTIANS are a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for a divine possession (1 Peter 2:9). Yet they are warned of the FURTHER unfolding of the kingdom of God to come.

They are not guaranteed that they will be rewarded to inherit that stage.

Those who continue to sin WILL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD

As you can see Rajk999 is stuck on his ONE NOTE obsession. I agree with him.

What he cannot see is that the Christian audience have already been transferred into the church age stage of the kingdom.
    "Who delivered [past tense] us out of the authority of darkness and transferred [past tense] us into the KINGDOM of the Son of His love, in Whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of our sins." (Col. 1:12,13)

Do not allow any man [sonship for eg] deceive them with lies.

Here is his wild accusation. But still he is a failure to refute the point.

This is a wild and desperate "teacher".

That the kingdom of God is in unfolding progressive stages is proved by Paul's words.
    "For the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit." (Rom. 14:17)

Here Paul does not say the kingdom of God WILL BE ...
    But He says the kingdom of God IS - presently, in the church age - "righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit" . That is the healthy stage of the kingdom of God in the church age.

Here again Paul says the kingdom of God IS something in this church age.
    "For the kingdom of God IS [now presently] not in speech but in power." (1 Cor. 4:21)

Yet the coming age is a further manifestation of the kingdom of God. And the Christians are to cooperate that a rich ENTRANCE into it may be supplied to them when Jesus comes back.
    "For in this way the ENTRANCE into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be richrly and bountifully supplied to you," (2 Peter 1:11)

That is IF they cooperate with the foregoing wise exhortations of the same chapter in verses 5 - 9.

Because these things will come upon all disobedient children of God

Rajk999 thinks he makes a strong counterpoint by mindlessly repeating what has already been covered. The immature believer may not inherit the kingdom of God at Christ's second coming.

Rajk999 has a blind spot.

Have nothing to do with people who are deceivers [sonship].

An empty warning that STILL contains no refutation of the premise of this thread.

The warnings are clear. Disregard them if you wish.

Rather than disregard the warnings. I AM TEACHING the warnings.

The blind obsessed ONE NOTE piano player cannot see that he has NO rebuttal.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jun '18 10:271 edit
    .. The blind obsessed ONE NOTE piano player cannot see that he has NO rebuttal.
    Jesus will blot out from the book of life,
    the names of Christian Saints who displease him.
    Jesus decides who has eternal salvation.
    Argue with Christ if you like.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jun '18 11:495 edits
    Jesus will blot out from the book of life,

I spoke to Revelation 5:4 here or elsewhere.

I pointed out the temporary dropping out of the name of the tribe of Dan (for their idolatry).

In the account in Revelation 7:1-8 as well as the listing of First Chronicles 2-9, the tribe of Dan was omitted because of its idolatry (Judges 18:30-31; First Kings 12:29-30; Second Kings 10:29);

The prophecy concerning Dan in Genesis 49:17 said this:

"Dan will be a serpent in the way, a viper on the path, that bites the horse's heels, so that his rider falls backward,

I have waited for Your salvation O Jehovah." (Gen. 49:17,18)

Verse 17 concerns the serious idolatry of Dan which frustrated Israel from going on God's way. The apostasy brought in by Dan became a stumbling block to the nation of Israel. The rider fell off the horse backwards, so to speak.

Though the rider of God's people fell off backwards in this apostasy, they are not forsaken forever by God's eventual faithful salvation.

"I have waited for You salvation, O Jehovah." (v.18)

So Dan will still be counted during the millennium (Ezek. 48:1) This is because of Jacob's blessing was upon Dan. That is that through the awaited salvation of God Dan will still be included as one of the tribes according to God's faithful and irrevocable promise in Genesis 49:16-18.

In the same way, the blotting out of a name from the book of life during the time of reward will be a suffering of loss. But because of God's faithfulness to Himself, that name will again be recognized as to the eternal age.

Blotting out of a name from the book of life is temporary.

It may be not removal but a mark placed beside the name which mark is removed again after the discipline has been administered.

Jesus decides who has eternal salvation.

Nothing I said contradicts this.
    Just because Jesus decides does not mean:

1.) A person cannot know that he has eternal life (1 John 5;12,13.

2.) The person knows that he will not suffer loss, not being rewarded in the millennium (1 Cor. 3:15).

Bottom line:

That fact that Jesus decides does not mean we cannot know we have the assurance of Him keeping His promise. And the fact that Jesus decides does not mean we know that we will be rewarded in the millennium.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jun '18 11:58
    Concerning the erasing of the name from the book of life.

From -
    Collected Works of Watchman Nee, The (Set 1) Vol. 05: The Christian (3)

https://www.ministrybooks.org/SearchMinBooksDsp.cfm?id=0ED5F4EF74

According to the two passages we just quoted, it is possible for one's name to be removed from the book of life. Even the Scripture which we are considering now contains this meaning. Only the overcoming saints will not have their names erased from the book of life. This means that the defeated Christians will surely have their names erased. However, Revelation 20 tells us that at the judgment of the great white throne, all those whose names are not in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire. Does this therefore mean that a saved person can still perish? This is a hard point to understand. Those who believe in the possibility of perdition for believers will hold on to this verse. Those who do not believe in the believers' perdition will try to explain this verse with many concepts. But according to the teaching of the Bible, the problem here is the same as the one in 2:11. We believe that our explanation in 2:11 is fully scriptural. Every careful reader of the Bible has to agree that on the one hand, the Lord's sheep can never perish, but on the other hand, he cannot say that a sinning believer will never be punished. Hence, this, like other passages, refers to the temporary removal of the defeated believers' names from the book of life, particularly at the time when God rewards the overcomers in the millennium. At the end of the millennium, their names will be reinstated. Hence, by the time the last judgment comes (20:15), they will still be saved. When God first put the names there, it was out of grace. Although His calling and reward are without repentance, how can God tolerate the believers' sins and act contrary to His own nature? Those who believe in the Lord Jesus will be saved forever, but when God comes to reign over the world in righteousness, some will suffer punishment for the sins they commit after they are saved.

How precious is this promise! At the present time, when believers follow the Lord, the church erases their names and considers them as evil (Luke 6:22). Although their names can be removed from man's register, the Lord promises this little flock that their names will by no means be erased from the book of life. Man can reject them, but the Lord will receive them. What a comfort this is!

(3) "And I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels." The Lord did not say that He will confess the overcomer's name before the world. Perhaps the world will not know them, yet before the Father, He will confess their names, because the Father sees everything in secret (Matt. 6:6). He will also confess their names before the Father's angels. The angels are paying attention to their conduct. They even notice when a female believer covers her head (1 Cor. 11:10). Although it seems a small thing to be separated from the sin of the Protestant church, and perhaps men would despise this, in that day, the Lord will extol the names of these believers before the Father and before the heavenly hosts. What a promise this is! The Lord will confess our names! If we are faithful, one day our Lord will call forth our humble names before the myriads of angels and before the Father! Our neglected and despised names will be in the mouth of the Lord and in the ear of the Father and His angels, as well as in the book of life. How wonderful this is! May everyone of us have an ear to hear the Lord's word to Sardis, and may none of us be lacking in the characteristics of the overcomers in Sardis.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jun '18 12:01
    ..That fact that Jesus decides does not mean we cannot know we have the assurance of Him keeping His promise. And the fact that Jesus decides does not mean we know that we will be rewarded in the millennium.
    One of the pleasures of my life for the last few years is watching how you argue with the words of Jesus Christ and in the process you make an a$$ of yourself ... lol 😀

God keeps his promises and that is for certain. Those who overcome will inherit the promises of God. Those who dont will be cast out and that applies to Christian Saints who are born again.

So continue with your lies.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jun '18 12:111 edit
    One of the pleasures of my life for the last few years is watching how you argue with the words of Jesus Christ and in the process you make an a$$ of yourself ... lol 😀

God keeps his promises and that is for certain. Those who overcome will inherit the promises of God. Those who dont will be cast out and that applies to Christian Saints who are born again.

So continue with your lies.
    Even if I was wrong it would be wrong for you to gloat with glee and pleasure about it.

Love does not rejoice in wrong.

Love suffers long. Love is kind; it is not jealous, Love does not brag and is not puffed up;

It does not rejoice because of unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth." (1 Cor. 13:4,5)

So even if I was wrong in interpretation of Scripture, you lose much of the case with your grinning, jolly enjoyment of seeing me err.

As it stands though, your argument that I HAVE erred isn't standing up.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree