The Kingdom of God-men

The Kingdom of God-men

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Nov 21
1 edit

@philokalia said
There is a single, correct Christianity; it is a fact.

But it is important to be sympathetic to the way that others interpret it as many of their hearts are sincere.
Agreed, and that single correct Christianity must come from the teachings of Christ otherwise it cannot be rightly referred to as Christianity. So the question is what was the intention of Jesus Christ in His preaching of His Gospel. What did he tell his disciples to go out and preach? Certainly it is not what Christianity preaches today.

Über-Nerd

Moves
12 Nov 21

@rajk999 said
Agreed, and that single correct Christianity must come from the teachings of Christ otherwise it cannot be rightly referred to as Christianity. So the question is what was the intention of Jesus Christ in His preaching of His Gospel. What did he tell his disciples to go out and preach? Certainly it is not what Christianity preaches today.
I agree completely, and that is why I cannot agree with Sonship's claim that "church" is a beautiful word which represents all that is positive and good in Jesus and Christians.

Thread 190940

The church may be what initially interests people in searching for God, but it is ultimately what most hinders them from finding Him.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Nov 21
1 edit

@moonbus said
I agree completely, and that is why I cannot agree with Sonship's claim that "church" is a beautiful word which represents all that is positive and good in Jesus and Christians.

Thread 190940

The church may be what initially interests people in searching for God, but it is ultimately what most hinders them from finding Him.
Sonship is a man that lacks integrity. He is not the type to be truthful about the state of the Christian church. Imagine he speaks of a 'mixed bag' of Christian churches, and replies to claims of deaths caused by Christianity with .. well atheists did worse .. And he is quite representative of typical Christians. They will never admit that Christian churches of today are a cesspool of greed, materialism, sexual immorality and false doctrines. There are of course good and righteous individuals in these churches, who are good ambassadors for Christ, but the ones who take their false doctrines to heart are going to be lost.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Nov 21
1 edit

I have a much more realistic view of the situation of believers on this earth then both of you. Neither one of you Rajk999 or moonbus is able to follow me.

Right now I think there might be more hope for moonbus than there is for Rajk999 who I think has doctrines of demons he teaches as supposed Christian teachings.

Über-Nerd

Moves
12 Nov 21

@sonship said
I have a much more realistic view of the situation of believers on this earth then both of you. Neither one of you Rajk999 or moonbus is able to follow me.

Right now I think there might be more hope for moonbus than there is for Rajk999 who I think has doctrines of demons he teaches as supposed Christian teachings.
You flatter yourself.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Nov 21

@sonship said

Why would anyone want to follow you? You have the mind of a sycophant. You are in a cult, following that false teacher Witness Lee and you think there are people on this site wanting to follow you? I see nobody supporting you or agreeing with you and your references from the bible are twisted and misinterpreted.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Nov 21
5 edits

@moonbus

It is not self flattery. But a complex subject is not addressed adequately in a few short paragraphs convenient for you to fly through chit chat style.

You are here for chit - chat and not serous in depth historical analysis of the history of denominations, genuine local churches, groups of Christian assemblies.

Your kind drops by for a few chit chat quips that you can read in 15 seconds thinking it proves you know so much.

And the irony is that from one guy I get "You're too soft." And from another guy I get the opposite - "You're way too hard and unfair."

So when speaking of the history of Christian assemblies on earth since the first century, I get is from both sides - "Naïve and rose colored optimism" and "unloving sectarian elitism." Damned if you do / Damned if you don't.

Not many here have ever been truly interested in an objective and biblical and historical analysis. Over the years one of two showed some maturity in this regard, but not most.
Including you. You just want just enough history to vindicate your atheism.

Moves
12 Nov 21

@sonship said
@moonbus

It is not self flattery. But a complex subject is not addressed adequately in a few short paragraphs convenient for you to fly through chit chat style.

You are here for chit - chat and not serous in depth historical analysis of the history of denominations, genuine local churches, groups of Christian assemblies.

Your kind drops by for a few chit cha ...[text shortened]... ut not most.
You are not a God-man. You are a misguided Christian who lacks humility.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Nov 21
3 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

I asked you show me where I am misguided.
You wouldn't or couldn't.

Where are the twisted texts? No answer.

Where is the combining passages as to teach something unbiblical? No answer beyond a vague. "Well, I just don't like it."

You have no substance to your criticism.
You have an emotional dislike. That's all.

Give an example of only TWO . . . . I say TWO passages that you feel I combine in a way that puts forth a heretical concept.

I'm not going to hold my breath.
You're track record on backing up your diatribes is miserable.

TWO PASSAGES ! Just give an example of TWO verses that you think I combined to put forth a heretical notion.

You're the heroic atheist here boldly championing orthodox Christian teaching. Right? Give us TWO passages I use in a combined way to put forth a wrong teaching.

See if you can possibly do it without using either your favorite words "Witness Lee" or "cult" or "charlatan".

Über-Nerd

Moves
12 Nov 21

@sonship said
@moonbus

Your kind drops by for a few chit cha ...[text shortened]... ut not most.
Atheism does not need any vindication. It is the default position. Everyone is born atheist. It's the theist position which needs arguing. You don't do it justice.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Nov 21
2 edits

@moonbus

Atheism does not need any vindication. It is the default position. Everyone is born atheist

Who told you that bull crap?

So a baby coming out of the womb cries upon its first breath - "I have a lack of belief in God. I'm an atheist."

Who fed you that bull jive ?
And I get criticized for not being original around here?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Nov 21
1 edit

You heard it here folks. The rock outside in your back yard is an atheist.
The great default position of all people is atheism.

Atheism means - it breaths.
Atheism means - its alive.
Does the heart beat? Then its an atheist - the default existence.
Its the great default state of all things.

Babies are atheists.
Why it is only normal and default to be an atheist.

Its an unassailable, default, un falsifiable normal state of man.
The new atheists need a new definition of atheism to render debate invalid on it
period.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Nov 21
1 edit

Moonbus, Have you been everywhere in the universe and in every moment in all time?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Nov 21

ATHEISM is a BELIEF according to PHILOSOPHERS

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Nov 21

Are Atheists Biased?