The love of God

The love of God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

l

Moves
20 Jul 17

Originally posted by @rajk999
Your post now . so you dont know the difference between
1. Belief with your mouth
2. Belief with your heart??

Here is a comment from Jesus:

.. This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. (Mark 7:6 KJV)

And there are many such instances where Jesus differentiates between :
1. Proclaiming that you know Him - mouth worship
2. Following and obeying his commandments - believing with your heart.
Raj,

Of course I know the difference, I am only pointing out that you don't know the difference of what you are talking about with regards Christians in this forum, you don't know what they do apart from posting here, you can't. All anyone can do is talk. I am betting most are not going to put a laundry list together of their good works/deeds that they have done and talk about it here for others to talk about, criticize, mock, etc. (you know this would happen). They (we) are not throwing the pearls out to be trampled under foot, and get the lame reward.

Matthew 6:1-6 New King James Version (NKJV)
Do Good to Please God

6 “Take heed that you do not do your charitable deeds before men, to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward from your Father in heaven. 2 Therefore, when you do a charitable deed, do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory from men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. 3 But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly.

These are the words of Jesus.

Why don't you give some Christians here the benefit of the doubt, they are walking out their salvation. After all, what you think really does not matter in this instance.

E

Moves
20 Jul 17

Originally posted by @christopher-albon
Polytheists are believers too.
Everyone is a believer. The only question is what each person believes.

F

Moves
20 Jul 17

Originally posted by @leunammi
Raj,

Of course I know the difference, I am only pointing out that you don't know the difference of what you are talking about with regards Christians in this forum, you don't know what they do apart from posting here, you can't. All anyone can do is talk. I am betting most are not going to put a laundry list together of their good works/deeds that the ...[text shortened]... walking out their salvation. After all, what you think really does not matter in this instance.
The debate is about what the correct doctrine is with regard to what Christians should do with their lives not about Christians boasting about what they do with their lives. You have the wrong end of the stick.

l

Moves
20 Jul 17

Continuing with your Revelation quote. Do you know what is a testimony? There is good testimony and there are bad or worthless testimonies

This Revelation quote is a statement of something GOOD in this case, something a Christian has done that is exemplary, righteous, and obedient to Christ. It is through this doing something good and righteous, that t ...[text shortened]... edience to Christ.

Its the same thing I said. Jesus wants obedience not talk and lip service.
I understand testimony. Talk, believe and do are all apart of testimony. You cannot have doing without ever believing, you cannot have believing without ever talking.

You really are no different than the rest of those that call themselves Christians here, but sometimes I think 'Christian' is a dirty word for you.

You talk, you provide scriptures, you debate just like most everybody else. Nobody knows what good works/deeds that anybody does in their life apart from here, nor should they. But you are so convinced that nobody does these things, good works, why is that?

l

Moves
20 Jul 17

Originally posted by @fmf
The debate is about what the correct doctrine is with regard to what Christians should do with their lives not about Christians boasting about what they do with their lives. You have the wrong end of the stick.
I beg to differ. But if you want to know what the real debate is, it is about 'The Love of God'.

Tangents always work their way in, don't they? Holy rabbit hole.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Jul 17
1 edit

I understand testimony. Talk, believe and do are all apart of testimony. You cannot have doing without ever believing, you cannot have believing without ever talking.

You really are no different than the rest of those that call themselves Christians here, but sometimes I think 'Christian' is a dirty word for you.

You talk, you provide scriptures, ...[text shortened]... r should they. But you are so convinced that nobody does these things, good works, why is that?
You really need a course in English comprehension.

I never say that nobody does good works. If you can find such a quote from me then please show me.

I say some Christians PREACH THAT NO GOOD WORKS ARE REQUIRED.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Jul 17

I beg to differ. But if you want to know what the real debate is, it is about 'The Love of God'.

Tangents always work their way in, don't they? Holy rabbit hole.
FMF understands what is going on here more than you do.

I repeat I dont ever talk about peoples works ... mine or anyones for that matter.

I talk about doctrine. The doctrine prevalent among Christians is that good works are not necessary for eternal life.

You are the one that does not understand

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Jul 17

You talk, you provide scriptures, ...[text shortened]... r should they. But you are so convinced that nobody does these things, good works, why is that?
Ok lets deal with this what you said

You cannot have doing without ever believing, you cannot have believing without ever talking.

Is this somewhere in the Bible?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Jul 17
2 edits

Raj,

Of course I know the difference, I am only pointing out that you don't know the difference of what you are talking about with regards Christians in this forum, you don't know what they do apart from posting here, you can't. All anyone can do is talk. I am betting most are not going to put a laundry list together of their good works/deeds that the ...[text shortened]... walking out their salvation. After all, what you think really does not matter in this instance.
What level of education do you have. I feel as if Im talking to either a smart 12 yr old or a dunce 35 year old. Which are you?

I dont comment on what people do with their personal lives. I speak only about the doctrine they preach, and the prevalent one around here among Christians is that you have to profess your faith in Christ with your mouth and believe it in your heart that he was raised from the dead and you will be saved. PLUS you are saved eternally and not even God can revoke that. no matter what you do you will get eternal life.

The above stated doctrine promotes mouth worship [and its wrong]

To further encourage mouth worship among their followers, they are told that NOTHING ELSE is required of them, as they have assurance of eternal life. [this one promotes even more mouth worship and it is even more wrong]

l

Moves
20 Jul 17

Ok lets deal with this what you said

You cannot have doing without ever believing, you cannot have believing without ever talking.

Is this somewhere in the Bible?
Raj, truth is all I want to do is have a civil discussion without hostilities. You have no respect for me (or many others here for that matter) and could care less about what I have to say or why, not agreeing with you only becomes a point of contention and you make that known with your mouth. You want to liken me to a 12 year old or dunce 35 year old? I have better things to do than to banter back and forth with you and try to understand a thing or two.

Maybe some other time it will be different, but that time is not now.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Jul 17
2 edits

Raj, truth is all I want to do is have a civil discussion without hostilities. You have no respect for me (or many others here for that matter) and could care less about what I have to say or why, not agreeing with you only becomes a point of contention and you make that known with your mouth. You want to liken me to a 12 year old or dunce 35 year old? ...[text shortened]... erstand a thing or two.

Maybe some other time it will be different, but that time is not now.
A greater disrespect is your continued misrepresentation what I say. Both FMF and Ghost, two nonChristians have had to correct you on things you say about what I say. But I dont make that an issue or cause it to end the discussion.

Ok we will continue this discussion in about 10 yrs when you are either 22 or 45 😀

By the way this piece of nonsense
is NOT IN THE BIBLE.
You make up stuff and fool yourself that you are correct.

Lets talk again in 10 years time. Read your bible instead of swallowing church doctrine.

E

Moves
20 Jul 17

FMF understands what is going on here more than you do.

I repeat I dont ever talk about peoples works ... mine or anyones for that matter.

I talk about doctrine. The doctrine prevalent among Christians is that good works are not necessary for eternal life.

You are the one that does not understand
Good works do not save.

Not sure why people think this means good works are not neccessary. Faulty logic.

Jesus' sacrifice is what saves. Who does it save? Those who carry out God's commands. If what is in your heart is of God then you will show that your life is pleasing to God which is by definition good works.

If your definition of good is the world's definition of good then what you believe to be good works are actually not good works.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Jul 17

Originally posted by @eladar
Good works do not save.

Not sure why people think this means good works are not neccessary. Faulty logic.

Jesus' sacrifice is what saves. Who does it save? Those who carry out God's commands. If what is in your heart is of God then you will show that your life is pleasing to God which is by definition good works.

If your definition of good is the world's definition of good then what you believe to be good works are actually not good works.
Jesus saves of course.
Jesus said those who he will welcome into the Kingdom of God are those who do good works.
My definition of good works is the same as what Jesus preached

E

Moves
20 Jul 17

Jesus saves of course.
Jesus said those who he will welcome into the Kingdom of God are those who do good works.
My definition of good works is the same as what Jesus preached
All of what he taught or simply a microscopic view?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Jul 17

Originally posted by @eladar
All of what he taught or simply a microscopic view?
Jesus will judge those who are following and who are not.