The love of God

The love of God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
18 Jul 17

Sometimes we focus too much upon the wrath of God that we forget about His love. The love of God has inspired many a song. The words of this song is probably one of my favorite on the love of God. Feel free to share yours.

"Could we with ink the ocean fill,
And were the skies of parchment made;
Were every stalk on earth a quill,
And every man a scribe by trade;
To write the love of God above
Would drain the ocean dry;
Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
Though stretched from sky to sky."

l

Moves
18 Jul 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Sometimes we focus too much upon the wrath of God that we forget about His love. The love of God has inspired many a song. The words of this song is probably one of my favorite on the love of God. Feel free to share yours.

And every man ...[text shortened]... in the ocean dry;
dj2becker,

Funny thing is, I have been thinking this very thing myself for quite awhile. I have waffled as to whether to make a statement about it or not in this forum, but decided against it because I figured nobody really gave a rats arse, the obsession is death and where one spends the afterlife if one has one at all.

I am glad to see that I am not alone in my thoughts about this. If you look back through forum topics and subsequent posts where a lot of threads end up, it usually has to deal with hell, eternal torment, sins, etc. I don't get it. God is so much larger than that!

I have attempted on a few occasions to steer the general rudeness of some towards a more edifying direction when responding to fellow Christians (fellow believers) but that in turn only results in a level of obnoxiousness that I really rather not entertain and can't deal with.

This song is one I really like and is by Jake Hamilton. I included the youtube imbed as well as the link, hope you like it.

&list=PLzRKzV9Z0VKTjdU2C3z6Fv25xl8Yh3kBv

Behold God is Great

Behold, God is great
And we do not know Him
Behold God is great

Who can number his years
He's so much bigger than
Any image I've made in my head
So much greater than
Any story book I've read, yeah

Who is this that sits above the circle of the earth?
And who is this that stretches out the heavens like a curtain?
And who is this that measures the waters in the hallow of His hand?
So lift up your eyes to the heavens
And behold your god
Lift up your eyes to the heavens
He's so much bigger than
He's so much greater than
Lift up your eyes

&list=PLzRKzV9Z0VKTjdU2C3z6Fv25xl8Yh3kBv[/youtube]

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Jul 17
1 edit

Sometimes we focus too much upon the wrath of God that we forget about His love....
When you say "we" who are you referring to?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Jul 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @leunammi
I have waffled as to whether to make a statement about it or not in this forum, but decided against it because I figured nobody really gave a rats arse...
😵

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Jul 17

We know that we love the children of God,
when we love God, and keep his commandments.
For this is the love of God,
that we keep his commandments:

F

Moves
19 Jul 17

Sometimes we focus too much upon the wrath of God that we forget about His love.
Sometimes people looking at Germany in the 1930s and 1940s perhaps forget about the autobahns that were built and the fact the trains ran on time. People often disagree about the true nature of things because of what they forget and what they focus on.

l

Moves
19 Jul 17

Originally posted by @rajk999
We know that we love the children of God,
when we love God, and keep his commandments.
For this is the love of God,
that we keep his commandments:
1 John 4:7-10 New King James Version

7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. 9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. 10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Jul 17

And every man ...[text shortened]... in the ocean dry;
The love of God is beyond description. I do wonder what God is doing, Jesus said He was
going to prepare a place for us a couple thousand years ago. So God who is all seeing,
all knowing, all powerful, if He is building something for us...what could it be and what
does He have in mind for us? Boggles the mind, that this universe was put together in a
couple of days, what is next is well...something to look forward too. Just knowing it will
be without evil, and eternal is also mind blowing.

E

Moves
19 Jul 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
The love of God is beyond description. I do wonder what God is doing, Jesus said He was
going to prepare a place for us a couple thousand years ago. So God who is all seeing,
all knowing, all powerful, if He is building something for us...what could it be and what
does He have in mind for us? Boggles the mind, that this universe was put together in a
c ...[text shortened]... ng to look forward too. Just knowing it will
be without evil, and eternal is also mind blowing.
If God's love is what most would call love why did He instruct the Israelites to wipe out helpless babies?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Jul 17

Originally posted by @eladar
If God's love is what most would call love why did He instruct the Israelites to wipe out helpless babies?
Its written in scripture, look it up.

F

Moves
19 Jul 17

So God who is all seeing, all knowing, all powerful, if He is building something for us...what could it be and what does He have in mind for us?
If I understand your torturer god ideology correctly, you believe he is building something like Belsen and Treblinka and Auschwitz for billions and billions of us and what he has in mind is not to let the agony of extermination to end but to have it continue for eternity.

E

Moves
19 Jul 17

Its written in scripture, look it up.
Doesn't really fit with what most call love.

Why did Jesus order homosexuals and rebellious children to be executed?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Jul 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
When you say "we" who are you referring to?
Take it easy, Sigmund. He means the generic "we". As in "humans". Obviously.

F

Moves
19 Jul 17

When and where did Jesus order rebellious children to be executed?

l

Moves
19 Jul 17
2 edits

Doesn't really fit with what most call love.

Did Jesus order that?, Don't know that I heard that before.

Do you have something about God that you would like to share regarding his love?