1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 03:42
    Originally posted by @kellyjay .. to Eladar
    What you gave me was from the OT, Jesus wasn't born in the OT, but the NT so please
    give up that quote. You could have said, God in the OT said this, everyone would have
    agreed with you, but you didn't say that.
    He has put it to you as follows: "If the instruction in Leviticus was from God, it was also from Jesus."
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 03:43
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    The Word of God has been here forever, in the OT yes, but Jesus didn't show up until the
    NT the Word of God made flesh...Jesus wasn't flesh in the OT, so you ready to admit you
    do not have a Jesus quote yet?
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 03:44
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    The Word of God has been here forever...
    Are the Word of God and the Word of Jesus different? Can one be wrong and the other right?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 03:45
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Let's make sure we stay honest here. Sorry if the Gospel that is in your heart tells you that Jesus was not the God of the OT.
    Do you believe that self-identifying Christians - who believe it is wrong for society to execute rebellious children and homosexuals - are "children of Satan"?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 04:09
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Are the Word of God and the Word of Jesus different? Can one be wrong and the other right?
    Yet more grasping at straws.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 04:18
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Yet more grasping at straws.
    Not at all. Actually, I am wondering why KellyJay (or you for that matter) isn't able to deal with the anomalous theory that Eladar is putting forward; saying "The Word of God has been here forever..." is surely playing into Eladar's hands.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 04:231 edit
    It's odd how Suzianne seems to almost always choose to 'play the man' rather than 'the ball' that the discussion is about.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 04:34
    Do you believe that self-identifying Christians - who believe it is wrong for society to execute rebellious children and homosexuals - are "children of Satan"?
    Not at all. If they claim it was immoral for OT Israel, then I'd say yes.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 04:37
    Why did Jesus order homosexuals and rebellious children to be executed?
    Do you believe this "order" still stands?
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 04:37
    Do you believe this "order" still stands?
    No
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 05:08
    FMF: But the question is: are you believer in the so called Old and New Covenants and the difference between them?

Sure there is a difference. Sheesh you'd think a former christian would know this already.
    So you believe Jesus changed his mind about what constituted the morally sound punishment for "rebellious children"?
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 05:08
    So you believe Jesus changed his mind about what constituted the morally sound punishment for "rebellious children"?
    No
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 05:13
    FMF: So you believe Jesus changed his mind about what constituted the morally sound punishment for "rebellious children"?

No
    Does this mean you believe Jesus still thinks execution constitutes the morally sound punishment for "rebellious children"?
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 05:19
    Does this mean you believe Jesus still thinks execution constitutes the morally sound punishment for "rebellious children"?
    I'd say Jesus teaches us that it is the moral thing to do under certain circumstances. What circumstance? When it is a society that Hod requires to survive and a society that God is to blesd.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 05:26
    I'd say Jesus teaches us that it is the moral thing to do under certain circumstances. What circumstance? When it is a society that Hod requires to survive and a society that God is to blesd.
    But according to what you have said, Jesus has clearly changed his mind about what the appropriate punishment is for homosexuality and being a rebellious child.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree