The love of God

The love of God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Jul 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @divegeester
You that's disappointing because you are just lazily copiying what Suzianne said in a vain hope that I won't press you on this.

There is no "we". It is a lazy rhetorical wheelspin™
We means "we". And I would take it in this case to mean anyone who talks about God, especially being informed by the Bible.

"We" here could include believers and unbelievers in the Gospel. That's how I would take his comment.

l

Moves
19 Jul 17

Originally posted by @eladar
Liviticus 20

[b]13 “If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense.
[/b]
I would add to the preoccupation with homosexuality,

Galatians 5:19-21 New King James Version (NKJV)

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

There are many 'sins' that can keep us back, why focus on the one? Let's endeavor as Christians to rise above the works of the flesh and for some in this forum the preoccupation with 'other peoples' sin and embrace his love towards us (as the op states) as stated in his word.

Romans 5:8 New King James Version (NKJV)

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Your bantering and speaking ill of others does not help, your method is not working and may be causing harm. IMHO

E

Moves
19 Jul 17

Originally posted by @leunammi
I would add to the preoccupation with homosexuality,

Galatians 5:19-21 New King James Version (NKJV)

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenn ...[text shortened]... speaking ill of others does not help, your method is not working and may be causing harm. IMHO
Yes, there are many sins, but how many of those sins are lifestyle choices?

w

Moves
19 Jul 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Sometimes we focus too much upon the wrath of God that we forget about His love. The love of God has inspired many a song. The words of this song is probably one of my favorite on the love of God. Feel free to share yours.

"Could we with ink the ocean fill,
And were the skies of parchment made;
Were every stalk on earth a quill,
And every man ...[text shortened]... in the ocean dry;
Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
Though stretched from sky to sky."
Whodey 5:34

The love of God surpasses all atheistic understanding

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
19 Jul 17

Originally posted by @whodey

Ghost 9:27

True love comes from the heart of man, not his imagination.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Jul 17

Originally posted by @whodey

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments:

Funny thing is that there are some atheists who are better at keeping these commandments than professed Christians.

E

Moves
19 Jul 17

Originally posted by @rajk999
[b]For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments:

Funny thing is that there are some atheists who are better at keeping these commandments than professed Christians.[/b]
Sure there are, but not anyone here.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Jul 17
1 edit

For God so loved ...

For God so loved the world ...

'"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that every one who believes into Him would not perish, but would have eternal life."

Who SAID that ??

Where did the words come from.
Who uttered those words ?

What kind of person was it that said such a thing ??

Moves
19 Jul 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Ghost 9:27

True love comes from the heart of man, not his imagination.
Are you saying it's impossible to love God from the heart?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Jul 17

Originally posted by @sonship
We means "we". And I would take it in this case to mean anyone who talks about God, especially being informed by the Bible.

"We" here could include believers and unbelievers in the Gospel. That's how I would take his comment.
It's not a big deal, I just don't like to be included in the "we". There is no "we", we are not a group.

Moves
19 Jul 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
It's not a big deal, I just don't like to be included in the "we". There is no "we", we are not a group.
Would you say you view yourself as separate from the rest of the body of Christ?

l

Moves
19 Jul 17

Yes, there are many sins, but how many of those sins are lifestyle choices?
I would say all of them, wouldn't you? The thing is (and we can wrap that in the love that God has for us) sin separates us from him and he hates it. His love for us (the world) is so great...

John 3:16 New King James Version (NKJV)

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

So ultimately, sin, no matter the size, cuts us off from God. The wages of sin is death which will be eternal separation from God.

Romans 6:23 New King James Version (NKJV)

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

It's all a choice.

E

Moves
19 Jul 17

Originally posted by @leunammi
I would say all of them, wouldn't you? The thing is (and we can wrap that in the love that God has for us) sin separates us from him and he hates it. His love for us (the world) is so great...

John 3:16 New King James Version (NKJV)

16 For God so loved the world that [b]He gave His only begotten Son
, that whoever believes in Him should n ...[text shortened]... in is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

It's all a choice.[/b]
If one claims to follow Jesus, but continues in a sinful lifestyle, that person is a liar.

l

Moves
19 Jul 17

If one claims to follow Jesus, but continues in a sinful lifestyle, that person is a liar.
I won't dispute that but we fall and make mistakes along the way and are a work in progress. This scripture comes to mind, and I thank God for his grace towards me and my screw ups.

Philippians 1:3-8 New King James Version (NKJV)

3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, 4 always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, 5 for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, 6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; 7 just as it is right for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart, inasmuch as both in my chains and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you all are partakers with me of grace. 8 For God is my witness, how greatly I long for you all with the affection of Jesus Christ.

Do you see why I encourage the building up vs. the tearing down that occurs in this forum? We are not perfect and at times need each other to get back up and move forward, thank God for his grace and love that his patience towards me far exceeds anything I can imagine.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
19 Jul 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Are you saying it's impossible to love God from the heart?
No.