1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 08:271 edit
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    If God is the source of all truth and the Bible is His revelation it would appear circular to the one who believes in no truth.
    This is a justification for humans killing other humans for superstitious reasons. It's done in the name of "truth".
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 08:29
    Here's one for you: Is relying on the laws of logic because you believe they laws of logic are reliable, not circular logic?
    You asked me something along these lines before. I'm not interested in addressing it again nor in trying to find the thread in question for you. Why are you asking me again?
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 08:30
    Originally posted by @fmf
    This is a justification for humans liking other humans for superstitious reasons. It's done in the name of "truth".
    Liking?
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 08:32
    You asked me something along these lines before. I'm not interested in addressing it again nor in trying to find the thread in question for you. Why are you asking me again?
    And there it is. The classic FMF ripcord dodge.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 08:36
    Liking?
    Killing. Fixed.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 08:38
    And there it is. The classic FMF ripcord dodge.
    You should have paid attention to what I said the first time around. When you just hack out the same questions, I see myself as being trolled.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 08:591 edit
    You should have paid attention to what I said the first time around. When you just hack out the same questions, I see myself as being trolled.
    Maybe if you had paid attention 'the first time around' you would not have brought up circular logic again.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 09:01
    Killing. Fixed.
    Obviously those that read further than Leviticus will not kill homosexuals for being homosexual.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 09:07
    Maybe if you had paid attention 'the first time around' you would not have brought up circular logic again.
    You used circular logic again, and in this case, you seemed to be using it to justify killing people, so I thought it worth mentioning that your circular logic doesn't really work on - at the very least - me.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 09:521 edit
    You used circular logic again, and in this case, you seemed to be using it to justify killing people, so I thought it worth mentioning that your circular logic doesn't really work on - at the very least - me.
    Obviously the logic that God (the creator and sustainer of life and the universe) dictates right and wrong doesn't work on you. Thanks for pointing out the obvious. 🙄
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 09:53
    Originally posted by @eladar
    No, it is easy to see when you know the truth.

You still haven't answered my question....

Do you worship the God who ordered that homosexuals be executed because of their homosexuality?
    For the last time, Christians are not beholden to Mosaic law.

Christians, however, are given only two commandments. To love God, and to love their neighbor. In these forums, I find no evidence that you do either.

So pardon me if I do not look to you for Christian advice.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 10:07
    Obviously the logic that God (the creator and sustainer of life and the universe) dictates right and wrong doesn't work on you. Thanks for pointing out the obvious. 🙄
    I'm pointing out - also obvious, I admit - that superstitions like yours result in humans killing humans. "Obviously ... God (the creator and sustainer of life and the universe) dictates right and wrong" has turned religionists into murders the world over, down through history, and in all kinds of cultures.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 10:23
    I'm pointing out - also obvious, I admit - that superstitions like yours result in humans killing humans. "Obviously ... God (the creator and sustainer of life and the universe) dictates right and wrong" has turned religionists into murders the world over, down through history, and in all kinds of cultures.
    Even you without your 'superstitions' can rationalize humans killing other humans so your point is moot.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 10:331 edit
    Even you without your 'superstitions' can rationalize humans killing other humans so your point is moot.
    I would kill somebody who was trying to do mortal harm to my family. I have a moral duty - which we have discussed at length before - to protect them from harm.

Whether the attacker was a homosexual would be beside the point.

And yet you can find some historical moral justification for killing homosexuals just for being homosexuals.

I don't have a religious creed that could potentially turn me into a murderer.

You, on the other hand, use a 'logic' that says a human can kill a human if they believe their god figure wants them to. In what way is this point I am making "moot"?
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 12:52
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    For the last time, Christians are not beholden to Mosaic law.

Christians, however, are given only two commandments. To love God, and to love their neighbor. In these forums, I find no evidence that you do either.

So pardon me if I do not look to you for Christian advice.
    So you cpntonue to say that you ate unwilling to answer the question.

Leviticus 18 was not changed by Jesus.

Jesus only changed the punishments in Leviticus 20.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree