1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 12:57
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I would kill somebody who was trying to do mortal harm to my family. I have a moral duty - which we have discussed at length before - to protect them from harm.

Whether the attacker was a homosexual would be beside the point.

And yet you can find some historical moral justification for killing homosexuals just for being homosexuals.

I don't have a r ...[text shortened]... an if they believe their god figure wants them to. In what way is this point I am making "moot"?
    The assumption he makes is God exisys and defines good and evil. His assumption is that God is the God of all.

Your wording must reflect these assumptions of yoi are going to apply logic to it.

You apply your assumptions to counter his assumptions which os mot applying logic.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 12:59
    Originally posted by @eladar
    The assumption he makes is God exisys and defines good and evil. His assumption is that God is the God of all.

Your wording must reflect these assumptions of yoi are going to apply logic to it.

You apply your assumptions to counter his assumptions which os mot applying logic.
    If you had anything worth saying you would comment on which thing I said that was incorrect.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 13:01
    If you had anything worth saying you would comment on which thing I said that was incorrect.
    Oh yes, don't question the premise.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 13:06
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Oh yes, don't question the premise.
    Still nothing to actually comment on. Just a kind of pseudy babble from you.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 14:09
    I would kill somebody who was trying to do mortal harm to my family. I have a moral duty - which we have discussed at length before - to protect them from harm.

And yet you can find some historical moral justification for killing homosexuals just for being homosexuals.

I don't have a r ...[text shortened]... an if they believe their god figure wants them to. In what way is this point I am making "moot"?
    With all of your rancor toward God and with your blindness to your own tightly held superstitions, why are you here, again?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 14:17
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    With all of your rancor toward God and with your blindness to your own tightly held superstitions, why are you here, again?
    I don't feel any rancour for a god figure I do not believe in. I have no belief in supernatural causality or the existence of any kind of supernatural instructions detailing punishments and rewards to humans ~ so I am not superstitious. I am here, among other things, to engage people who propagate ideologies rooted in their assertions about divine beings and magical happenings. This is the forum for it. If it were a forum intended only for Christians, or for Muslims, or for particular religionists of any stripe, I would not be active here.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '18 00:35
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    If God is the source of all truth and the Bible is His revelation it would appear circular to the one who believes in no truth.

Here's one for you: Is relying on the laws of logic because you believe they laws of logic are reliable, not circular logic?
    You are wastong your time with him of you claim to assume God ecists. He is unwilling to make such an assumption at any level.
  8. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    12 Jan '18 00:41
    Is it good because the gods say so, or do the gods say so because it is good.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Jan '18 00:44
    I don't feel any rancour for a god figure I do not believe in. I have no belief in supernatural causality or the existence of any kind of supernatural instructions detailing punishments and rewards to humans ~ so I am not superstitious. I am here, among other things, to engage people who propagate ideologies rooted in their assertions about divine beings and ma ...[text shortened]... tians, or for Muslims, or for particular religionists of any stripe, I would not be active here.
    I am here, among other things, to engage people who propagate ideologies rooted in their assertions about divine beings and magical happenings.
    That's a given.
    What is the 'why' to the question?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '18 02:07
    That's a given.
    What is the 'why' to the question?
    Ask me something that either makes sense or that doesn't involve me having to repeat what I said.
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Jan '18 02:33
    Ask me something that either makes sense or that doesn't involve me having to repeat what I said.
    It makes perfect sense: the kind that stands because it's what we say to ourselves when we're finally able to be honest with ourselves.

Why would you be here if you have no regard for any or all beliefs?
    It's akin to an atheist-turned-believer who, instead of fortifying their newfound belief by immersion into its tenets and subsequent adjustments to their philosophical perspectives, they spend their time in their old haunts: hanging around their former colleagues, trolling and taunting them for their, as they urge, lack of belief.
    Why?
    Homesick?
    No penalties: come on back.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '18 02:40
    It makes perfect sense: the kind that stands because it's what we say to ourselves when we're finally able to be honest with ourselves.

Why would you be here if you have no regard for any or all beliefs?
    It's akin to an atheist-turned-believer who, instead of fortifying their newfound belief by immersion into its tenets and subsequent adjustments to t ...[text shortened]... em for their, as they urge, lack of belief.
    Why?
    Homesick?
    No penalties: come on back.
    I find the debates and discussions interesting.
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Jan '18 02:45
    I find the debates and discussions interesting.
    It was meant for you to ask yourself.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '18 02:47
    It was meant for you to ask yourself.
    OK.
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Jan '18 06:292 edits

Your point is moot because I will never kill a homosexual for being a homosexual. Guess why? Because I didn’t stop reading the Bible at Leviticus like you probably did. Do yourself a favor and study the rest of the Bible as well.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree