1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 22:31
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Are you sure its not a reference to 9/11 and the two towers?

[b]For example, the eccentricity of the Moon’s orbit is 1.1, or 11 tenths.

Wikipedia says its 0.0549 which I think refers to the birth date of Jizang, a Chinese Buddhist monk who was born in 549 AD.

The likelihood of this happening by accident is zero.
    It is no accident. It ...[text shortened]... s a cryptic reference to the date of death of Namhae, the second King of Silla who died in AD 24[/b]
    33 stands for scattered remnant.

24 stands for Preist.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 22:34
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    33 stands for scattered remnant.

24 stands for Preist.
    Remember that we are cautioned to not put our trust in occult practices, such as numerology. I'm just sayin'.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 23:51
    I count 33 other moons that do exactly this. This is the same as the number of bones in a typical human spine. What do you think the significance of that might be?

And there are 24 others that might be locked but we don't yet know their rotation periods accurately enough to be sure. I suspect this is a cryptic reference to the date of death of Namhae, the second King of Silla who died in AD 24
    Take care or you might create a new religion. 😉

Are you sure it wasn't Name Ha King of Silly? 😀
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 23:582 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Remember that we are cautioned to not put our trust in occult practices, such as numerology. I'm just sayin'.
    I am not putting trust in numbers. I just saying. These are what the numbers stand for in the Bible. I put my trust in Christ alone, not myself, you, gov't, or anyone else! There is a BIG difference in putting your trust in numbers and knowing what each one means. Like 7 means completion.

The purpose of numbers is to point to a creator, Jesus, and Holy Spirit: http://biblenumbers.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/divine-inspiration-of-the-bible.pdf
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 00:18
    Sorry I miss quoted: The key spiritual numbers related to the Moon is repeated in its measurements - the number 11 which means “Hiding”. For example, the eccentricity of the Moon’s orbit is 1.1, or 11 tenths. Indeed, this is a key feature also of the physical Moon since we only ever see one side of it – the back of the Moon is forever hidden from view. In ord ...[text shortened]... oon in the Solar System orbits its planet in this way, and no planet orbits the Sun in this way.
    Well there is this tiny problem with your 'ordained by god' thing: It is receding from Earth at about 2 cm per year and that means going back in time it is 2 cm per year CLOSER and that means what we see today is just an accident of time and we are in the right time to see it. When the moon was made (the leading theory is a Mars sized planet hit the Earth and the moon was what was left over in orbit and all the pieces collected together to make the moon, there is some evidence to back that up)

Anyway when the moon first was born, it was about 20,000 miles from Earth and there wouldn't have been much in the way of eclipses, the earth would have been too close.

And on top of that, in the future because of the recession of the Moon from Earth, there won't be much in the way of eclipse either because the whole thing depends on the shadows of Earth on the moon and vice versa be close to the right size.

So we are just in a lucky point in time to see all those eclipses.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 02:217 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well there is this tiny problem with your 'ordained by god' thing: It is receding from Earth at about 2 cm per year and that means going back in time it is 2 cm per year CLOSER and that means what we see today is just an accident of time and we are in the right time to see it. When the moon was made (the leading theory is a Mars sized planet hit the Earth a ...[text shortened]... close to the right size.

I believe God's word talks about this. If you are right that it moves 2cm away each year then in 7,000 years that is 459 feet and 4.5732 inches (so that's probably God's plan!) But sometimes you do see the moon bigger in the sky? So I assume it gets closer 😉 10,000 years is a little over 656 feet.

That's a stupid A-- theory of your moon created idea! Even if there was no creator. What about all the other moon ideas for all the other planets in the universe. Your moon idea could be from when Satan fell from heaven and hit the Earth? 😉

Your idea puts the moon at only 74,527,400,000 years.

Asking iPhone how old the earth is it says 4.54 Billion years and asking how old the moon is it says 4.53 Billion years. That is a difference of 10 Million years. 🙄

Every minute in the theory you say then the moon move 0.000003802570538 farther from earth. 0.000000063376176 is every second. This is in centimeters.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 04:091 edit
    Well there is this tiny problem with your 'ordained by god' thing: It is receding from Earth at about 2 cm per year and that means going back in time it is 2 cm per year CLOSER and that means what we see today is just an accident of time and we are in the right time to see it. When the moon was made (the leading theory is a Mars sized planet hit the Earth a ...[text shortened]... close to the right size.

Why do you seem to continually take the word of man over the word of God?
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 06:38
    Anyway when the moon first was born, it was about 20,000 miles from Earth and there wouldn't have been much in the way of eclipses, the earth would have been too close.
    Actually they would have been more common and more spectacular.

And on top of that, in the future because of the recession of the Moon from Earth, there won't be much in the way of eclipse either because the whole thing depends on the shadows of Earth on the moon and vice versa be close to the right size.
    No, actually, it doesn't require them to be close to the right size. We would no longer get total eclipses, but we would still get eclipses.
    It must also be noted that because the moons orbit is not perfectly round, we experience variation in the eclipses we see.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 06:39
    Asking iPhone how old the earth is it says 4.54 Billion years and asking how old the moon is it says 4.53 Billion years. That is a difference of 10 Million years. 🙄
    And you don't understand the discrepancy, do you? You don't know the origin of the moon? When you don't understan something, then you put a 🙄 to show how ignorant you are? And you do this because you are a creationist?

Why not learn about the facts before criticizing things you don't understand.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 06:50
    Every minute in the theory you say then the moon move 0.000003802570538 farther from earth. 0.000000063376176 is every second. This is in centimeters.
    That the moon is moving away from the earth is a measurable fact. It is explained by the tidal forces previously mentioned.
    It is also not constant, and sonhouse's figure is actually wrong for the current point in time although it is correct as an average over time, but only accurate to one place. Wikipedia says 38 millimetres per year, and that is only accurate to two places.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 13:49
    Originally posted by sonship
    It is similar to the so called Goldilocks zone. The earth is just in the right place to support life.
    This argument is similar to saying that the fact that fish don't live in trees, is evidence for intelligent design. Clearly only an intelligent creator would think to put them in water.

I think this shows more insight:
    http://xkcd.com/1377/
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 15:12
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    And you don't understand the discrepancy, do you? You don't know the origin of the moon? When you don't understan something, then you put a 🙄 to show how ignorant you are? And you do this because you are a creationist?

There not facts! Once it is a fact then it is not science anymore!
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 15:13
    That the moon is moving away from the earth is a measurable fact. It is explained by the tidal forces previously mentioned.
    It is also not constant, and sonhouse's figure is actually wrong for the current point in time although it is correct as an average over time, but only accurate to one place. Wikipedia says 38 millimetres per year, and that is only accurate to two places.
    So 3.8 cm
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 15:301 edit
    So 3.8 cm
    Wow. The first thing you got right this whole thread!
    Did you need a calculator?

Jokes aside, do you accept that almost everything you posted up till now regarding the moon was wrong? What are your thoughts on the matter? Does it bother you that it was wrong, or did it not really matter whether it was right or wrong, it still means something to you spiritually?
  15. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 16:05
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Where's the fun in that?!

There not facts! Once it is a fact then it is not science anymore!

See what I mean?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree