The Most Important Writing to Understand

The Most Important Writing to Understand

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jun 16
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
Interesting thread. Here are my immediate thoughts:

Jer 31:33
"This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time," declares the LORD. "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

Her 10:16
"This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says ...[text shortened]...
The most important writing is that which the Lord writes in the hearts and minds of his people.
I was wanting to think on your comment for awhile before any comment. And I know exactly where you are coming from and I agree.

In fact, i would agree to the point that one day we can probably toss our Bibles into the lake of fire.

See if that doesn't land me in trouble !

When God imparts Himself into His people - writing Himself into His people - inscribing divine nature into His people so that He has written a living book of God mingled with man, we may probably discard the physical book.

In light of your comment, take some time to consider Revelation 3:12.

"He who overcomes, him I will make a pillar in the temple of My God; and he shall by no means go out anymore, and I will write upon him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which descends out of heaven from My God, and My new name."

This writing is really God dispensing Himself into man for the building of His living temple the dwelling place of God in man. The saved are "organically" built into God and God into them for His corporate dwelling place - New Jerusalem the eternal city.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Jun 16
2 edits

Originally posted by sonship
In fact, i would agree to the point that one day we can probably toss our Bibles into the lake of fire.
Will the billions of Bibles being thrown into the lake make the flames burn hotter?

And while we are on the subject:
- Does the lake of fire have a shore?
- What if one of the unfortunates in the lake makes it to the shore and climbs out, will they stop burning?
- is the shore where Jesus and his angles will be spectating the choking carnage as described in Revelation?
- as the lake of fire and the suffering within it are eternal, will Jesus spend all of his time there or will he take breaks and come play with the saved in the green fields with the lambs and baby tigers?

Just wondering.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jun 16

Will the billions of Bibles being thrown into the lake make the flames burn hotter?

And while we are on the subject:
- Does the lake of fire have a shore?
- What if one of the unfortunates in the lake makes it to the shore and climbs out, will they stop burning?
- is the shore where Jesus and his angles will be spectating the choking carnage as des ...[text shortened]... come play with the saved in the green fields with the lambs and baby tigers?

Just wondering.
You make lighthearted jocular fun of a serious matter. Rather than respond point by point to your amusement, I place something here of value to those who rightfully regard the need for salvation from eternal damnation to be not a joke.

NO WAY TO
ESCAPE
THE TIME OF JUDGMENT

Perhaps some may think, "Since there is judgment, I will find a way to escape." No one should be so foolish; nevertheless, I am afraid that there might be some who have this foolish thought, so I will speak a little concerning this matter. They may think, "Everyone has to die, and judgment will come afterward. I will die and go to Hades. I will hide there and not come out. Those who have been good will be resurrected unto life. Those who have been evil will be resurrected unto condemnation. As for me, I will simply choose not to be resurrected; I will hide in Hades. Would that not be all right?" But this will not work.

Please listen to God's word: "Though they dig into Sheol, / From there My hand will take them" (Amos 9:2; cf. Psa. 139:8). You think that you can escape the judgment by hiding in Hades and by closing up the mouth of Hades. However, God's hand will take you out from there. Even if you can dig into Hades, and even if you can dig so deep that you cannot go any deeper, God's hand will still take you out from there.

Another group of people, today's scientists or aviators, may think that in the day of judgment they will fly an airplane to the sky and stay in the highest place to escape judgment. However, this way will not work. Please listen: "And though they go up into heaven, / From there I will bring them down" (Amos 9:2). You may climb up, but God will bring you down. Even though it takes much effort for you to climb, it is rather easy for God to bring you down.

Some may think, "I will escape to the high mountains and the bushes. Who then can find me?" However, the Word of God says, "And though they hide at the top of Carmel, / From there I will seek them and take them" (v. 3). You may think that there are so many trees in the high mountains that if you hide there you can escape judgment. But God will search and take you out.

Some may think that since they will not be able to hide in Hades, fly to heaven, or hide in the high mountains, they will escape to the bottom of the sea. However, God's Word says, "Though they hide themselves from My sight on the floor of the sea, / There I will command the serpent, and it will bite them" (v. 3). You may hide in the bottom of the sea, but God will command the serpent to bite you, and you will have nowhere to escape.

The few conditions mentioned above are just a few pictures that God has painted for you. You may be able to escape man's hand by going to Hades, heaven, high mountains, or the bottom of the sea, but you cannot escape the hand of God. According to the Bible, there is no way to escape and no way to reason.

Collected Works of Watchman Nee, The (Set 1) Vol. 18: Notes on Scriptural Messages (2) by Watchman Nee

(My bolding)

http://www.ministrybooks.org/SearchMinBooksDsp.cfm?id=1AE6061C0C

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Jun 16
3 edits

NO WAY TO
ESCAPE
THE TIME OF JUDGMENT
Your use of Nee to make petty threats doesn't impress me.

My questions (although somewhat tongue-in-cheek) are meant to highlight the ludicrousness of your belief in a literal lake of fire. Your inability to circumnavigate your own entrenched dogma on this horrible teaching is your undoing in this forum.

By the way, you do not "own" the desire for the lost and if it is so important to you why do you not consider modifing your posting style and instead on preaching sermons, preach the gospel?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jun 16
2 edits

Like I said -

I place something here of value to those who rightfully regard the need for salvation from eternal damnation to be not a joke.

Be unimpressed.

Am I suppose to be impressed by your "tongue in cheek" cavalier attitude towards God's word ?

I prefer Nee's sermons.

F

Moves
06 Jun 16
1 edit

I place something here of value to those who rightfully regard the need for salvation from eternal damnation to be not a joke.
But surely your torturer God ideology is a "joke" (and a bad one ~ much more evil than anything going on in the world at the moment or anything in history) to people who simply don't believe it or who think it only reveals your own lack of moral compass (seeing as you subscribe to it)? Do you really think you can scare people into believing the same things as you do with your unbelievable, demented threats of torture?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jun 16
5 edits

Originally posted by FMF
But surely your torturer God ideology is a "joke" (and a bad one ~ much more evil than anything going on in the world at the moment or anything in history) to people who simply don't believe it or who think it only reveals your own lack of moral compass (seeing as you subscribe to it)? Do you really think you can scare people into believing the same things as you do with your unbelievable, demented threats of torture?
Yes. I think Jesus told men WHO they should fear and for WHAT legitimate reason. That is a specific teaching from the mouth of Christ as to who man should be in fear of and for what reason:

" And I tell you My friends, Do not fear those who kill the body and afterwards have nothing more that they can do.

But I will show you whom you should fear: fear Him who, after killing, has authority to cast into Gehenna; yes, I tell you, fear this One." (Luke 12:4,5)

This however was not the ONLY thing that Jesus said. But among His words of grace, mercy, long suffering, pardon, forgiveness, patience, understanding, there are ALSO these words from His mouth. Who is the One man should really not want to stay on the wrong side of forever ?

Face it. If you deserve to be tortured forever then you just deserve to be tortured forever - for spurning the Savior God who gave all to save you from your sinful self and its fruits.

Same goes for me.

But isn't it punishment already to be so clueless and darkened about where one came from and where one is destined to go ? Already the wicked know no peace.

" But the wicked are like the tossed sea, For it cannot be calm,

And there is no peace, says my God, for the wicked." (Isa. 57:20,21)

Don't bother arguing about calm seas that you know about.
And don't bother telling me that you do have peace.
I will not be impressed by your " I am at Peace" figure.

I won't believe you over the word of God.

Interesting though, right after that teaching in Matthew Jesus says "Fear NOT ... ". And in Luke the next two verses are an assurance that all the details of our lives are a concern to God - ie. the hairs on our head are numbered (v.7). Not even a sparrow falls to the earth without God noticing (v.6).

So this has much to do with where one stands in relation to Christ.

F

Moves
07 Jun 16
1 edit

Yes. I think Jesus told men WHO they should fear and for WHAT legitimate reason. That is a specific teaching from the mouth of Christ as to who man should be in fear of and for what reason:
Jesus spoke about torturing billions upon billions of people [in a furnace] for eternity for a thoughtcrime?

F

Moves
07 Jun 16

Face it. If you deserve to be tortured forever then you just deserve to be tortured forever - for spurning the Savior God who gave all to save you from your sinful self and its fruits.
But I don't believe the things you and other Christians claim. In all sincerity, I see no reason to. Your claims are no more credible or convincing than Islam or Hiduism or paganism. You haven't made the case for your particular religion. I honestly don't think you know any more about God than I do. And you claim I deserve to be "tortured forever" for this?

F

Moves
07 Jun 16

In other words, sonship, the notion of "justice" you subscribe to and propagate is quite simply nonsensical. There is not a single coherent morally sound lesson that human beings can draw from it to govern their own behaviour and interactions with each other.

Any attempt by humans to emulate this "ultimate morality" that you espouse would constitute the most depraved evil that our species could ever dream of perpetrating. Nonsensical in THAT sense.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jun 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Jesus spoke about torturing billions upon billions of people [in a furnace] for eternity for a thoughtcrime?
To be remain unreconciled to God is a serious thing.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jun 16
9 edits

Originally posted by FMF
In other words, sonship, the notion of "justice" you subscribe to and propagate is quite simply nonsensical. There is not a single coherent morally sound lesson that human beings can draw from it to govern their own behaviour and interactions with each other.

Any attempt by humans to emulate this "ultimate morality" that you espouse would constitute the most depraved evil that our species could ever dream of perpetrating. Nonsensical in THAT sense.
I don't see how anyone can "emulate" eternal punishment.
And some who have levied out cruel and elongated punishment have often been from Atheist regimes rather than ones influenced by Judeo / Christian Scriptures.

Moslems with their Quran book would be in another category.
Mohammed poorly copied in his teaching some things he heard along the trade routes where Jews and Christians talked about the Bible. He did so rather poorly in imitation in his Quran.

I can see some abusing that portion of the Bible.
But I also see Jesus rebuking even His disciples for giving the wrong impression about His acts of judgment, as when John and James wanted to call fire down from heaven on towns that rejected Christ's ministry.

So the accusation that to believe The Bible here leads to mass emulation of punishing people forever, is absurd. The thought that we should derive some coherent moral lesson and go out and punish people forever in order to "emulate" God is absurd.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jun 16
2 edits

Long prison sentences are carried out by atheists.
Death sentences are not the sole form of punishment of theists.
Even strips, whippings are not only done by Christians trying to emulate eternal punishment.

Buddhist nations carry out hitting law breakers with a rod for a certain number of times.
US which is heavily influenced by Judeo / Christian tradition has laws against cruel and unusual punishment. According to your view the opposite should be the case - emulation of eternal punishment.

If mankind were able to "emulate" God in this way then Christ would not have pointed out that God possesses a farther reaching authority to punish more than man. So man should fear not to be reconciled to God much more than he fear what man can do.

And it is impossible that your concern for the lost exceeds that of the Savior.

At least one secular psychologist wrote a book decrying the fearlessness with which latter generations can commit evil acts - Whatever Happened to Hell? I believe was the title of the book.

While you consider not being reconciled to God as no big deal, I believe that the fear of God is the hatred of evil. It is also the beginning of wisdom.

Whatever figure in history you would like to point to as a champion against eternal punishment, I don't think the testimony of that person's life could be as gloriously exemplary as the life of Jesus Christ.

So I am going to believe in Christ's teaching in this and and all other aspects of His message "holistically."

F

Moves
08 Jun 16

I don't see how anyone can "emulate" eternal punishment.
And some who have levied out cruel and elongated punishment have often been from Atheist regimes rather than ones influenced by Judeo / Christian Scriptures.

Moslems with their Quran book would be in another category.
Mohammed poorly copied in his teaching some things he heard along the trade rou ...[text shortened]... coherent moral lesson and go out and punish people forever in order to "emulate" God is absurd.
As ever you have absolutely no coherent argument to back up your assertion that torturing non-believers for eternity is either "perfect justice" or "ultimate morality". You have fallen for a grotesque ideology and you simply slap these nonsense labels on it.

F

Moves
08 Jun 16

So the accusation that to believe The Bible here leads to mass emulation of punishing people forever, is absurd.
And it is absurd of you to suggest I made any such "accusation". What I did say was that there is not a single coherent morally sound lesson that human beings can draw from your torturer God figure's supposed behaviour to govern their own behaviour and interactions with each other. Some lesson in morality and justice that is! It is absurd.