1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 17:36
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    But FMF did show integrity. When challenged on it he came clean, explained his reasons and apologised. You have done nothing of the sort. Furthermore you have become universally derided for your posting style and content.
    Universally derided, huh?
    Sounds pretty bad.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 17:444 edits
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Does anyone know what happened to him? Where did he disappear to? I'm thinking maybe FMF could help us out with that one?
    Off the top of my head, assuming John Wilkes Booth, is who is being asked about -

He was on the run for some days. I think he was wounded and assisted by a doctor, whose name was Mud ? And for that assistance the phrase "Your name will be mud" arose, allegedly. The doctor's alibi was that he was just doing his professional duty.

He alluded capture.
    He was very disappointed that he did not get more assistance from the Southerners hostile to the Union.

Kind of like John Brown being disappointed that more slaves didn't rise up and join his insurrection at Harper's Ferry.

Anyway, disappointed with their lack of loyalty to the Confederate cause, I think he ended up surrounded in a barn. Wasn't there a shoot out, and John Wilkes Booth was shot dead ?

Apologies for any misstatements of history. This was off the cuff.

What seems always memorable to me is John Wilkes Booth, seemingly (to me) fanatical hatred of Abraham Lincoln. I mean it seems that he hated Lincoln the way Captain Ahab insanely hated Moby Dick the white whale in Melville's novel.

Lincoln must have touched a nerve in John Wilkes Booth that Booth insanely could not endure.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 18:34
    Ask Ghost to direct you to it, he seems to remember it well.
    Another dodge.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 18:361 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Like - "Am I not filled with the Spirit because I don't believe your version of the trinity ? Yes or No ? "

Is that something like what you mean ?
    No, that's not what I mean and you know it.

You claim to be the teacher sonship, if you can't answer that simple spot-on-topic and critical to your pseudo-gospel teachings, then that is a matter for your own Christian integrity.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 18:38
    [b] Universally derided, huh?
    Sounds pretty bad.[/b]
    You seem unusually interested in the life and times of Fetchmybecker sonship.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 19:10
    But FMF did show integrity. When challenged on it he came clean, explained his reasons and apologised. You have done nothing of the sort. Furthermore you have become universally derided for your posting style and content.
    You believe you and FMFs derision of me is universal. Ok. That's new.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 19:11
    Another dodge.
    Alternatively you can go look for it yourself.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 19:13
    Well no where near as interested as yourself and FMF aka Johnny boy, going by the number of my posts being responded to.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 19:15
    Alternatively you can shove it.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 19:201 edit
    But you seem unusually interested in deeming that you and two or so like-minded posters, disgusted with a poster, means universal derision.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 20:40
    But you seem unusually interested in deeming that you and two or so like-minded posters, disgusted with a poster, means [b]universal derision.[/b]
    Are 'you' okay with a fellow poster deliberately misleading other posters?
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 20:42
    Nothing to find. You have never given your reasons for deliberately misleading people. (So you can hardly complain when we have to speculate).
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '17 20:571 edit
    But you seem unusually interested in deeming that you and two or so like-minded posters, disgusted with a poster, means [b]universal derision.[/b]
    If it troubles you then I'll take back the word "universal"; which incidentally was a play on Becker's "universal morality" and which of course went straight over your head.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 00:57
    If it troubles you then I'll take back the word "universal"; which incidentally was a play on Becker's "universal morality" and which of course went straight over your head.
    It doesn't trouble me.
    It tickles me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree