1. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '18 18:22
    @suzianne said
    Since I do believe in a Creator God, I support the scientifically supported idea of evolution as being just one tool in the Creator's toolbox. This theory you put forth follows my own view of evolution, which supports occasional 'tweaks' from the hand of a Creator to keep things moving towards His goal.
    Stop stroking the atheists, and have some courage to say you believe in creation.

They don't.

Your alliance with Ghost has diminished your credibility.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Nov '18 19:13
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Many Christians view evolution as a threat to 'creation' but it actually does lend more to a devoted deity, where creation wasn't just a one-off event but an ongoing process. In their pursuit to protect (the clearly analogous) idea of Adam and Eve they miss the far more significant possibility that God created humans through the long and attentive process of evolution.
    I agree, but what makes me think that isn't the way it all went down is how it is
    both described in Genesis, and why would He need to do it that way? Thinking
    about the God of creation He spoke it all into being, holds it all together by the
    power of His Word. He is all knowing, all powerful, and the whole universe cannot
    contain Him. He can do it as you suggest, but if He is doing a work, what would
    cause Him to have to act that way? Is He limited in anyway, no, is He wise enough
    to not only create a universe, but also do it in the state He wanted it to be in
    the moment He made it?

If there are limitations at play here, I believe they are simply ours not His. We have
    a tendency which causes us a lot of grief for not accepting the Word as it is. More
    than a few people God had issues with for that. I would add this is one things that
    He seems to value above many things, our trust, and belief in Him. He has a
    tendency in scripture to do things that our natural views of the universe say are
    impossible, but being God nothing is impossible for Him.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '18 19:16
    @kellyjay said
    I agree, but what makes me think that isn't the way it all went down is how it is
    about the God of creation He spoke it all into being, holds it all together by the
    power of His Word. He is all knowing, all powerful, and the whole universe cannot
    contain Him. He can do it as you suggest, but if ...[text shortened]... our natural views of the universe say are
    KellyJay, you do realize that Ghost doesn't believe in God, or creation, right?
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Nov '18 19:18
    @kellyjay said
    contain Him. He can do it as you suggest, but if ...[text shortened]... our natural views of the universe say are
    If it transpired Kelly that your God had 'some' limitations, would you abandon him?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '18 19:21
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    If it transpired Kelly that your God had 'some' limitations, would you abandon him?
    You cannot offer a reasonable explanation of origin of life.

Stop criticizing Genesis.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Nov '18 19:25
    @chaney3 said
    KellyJay, you do realize that Ghost doesn't believe in God, or creation, right?
    Yes, but that doesn't stop conversations, we are both aware of the others starting
    position.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Nov '18 19:25
    @philokalia said

It reminds me vaguely of Bergson and his concept that there are forces within evolution that guide us; all life proceeds to resist against death, and this resistance to death is simply manifestign differently and in different ways in different species towards some ultimate goal.

This was influenced a bit by Schopenhauer as well.

This is not a field that I know that much about, though, so I cannot comment that extensively.
    An interesting contribution nonetheless.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Nov '18 19:26
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    He does have limitations, He will not lie, He will never do anything against His
    nature. He makes a promise He will not break it.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Nov '18 19:27
    @kellyjay said
    Yes, but that doesn't stop conversations, we are both aware of the others starting
    position.
    Though only the Ghost knows where we will both end up. 😀
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Nov '18 19:27
    @chaney3 said
    You cannot offer a reasonable explanation of origin of life.

Stop criticizing Genesis.
    You sound like a leftist that doesn't like hearing opposing views and tries to shut
    down free speech.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Nov '18 19:28
    @kellyjay said
    He does have limitations, He will not lie, He will never do anything against His
    nature. He makes a promise He will not break it.
    What if Creation in 'one act' was impossible, even for Him?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '18 19:30
    @kellyjay said
    position.
    Are you trying to convert him to your belief?

Otherwise your back and forth with him is very meaningless.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '18 19:32
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    C'mon Ghost.
    Stop mocking God.

We get it, you don't believe.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Nov '18 20:00
    @kellyjay said
    If every biologist calls a lifeform that is alive and well, not well-designed, means
    they have no frigging clue what they are talking about, or what a successful
    lifeform means!
    Just because an animal is successful does not mean it is well designed!

Would you call a dewclaw on a dog well designed?

Would you call the hip bone in a whale well designed?

Would you call the eyes of a mole-rat well designed?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Nov '18 20:072 edits
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    He did it in 6 days, so 6 acts, and why would it be impossible for an eternal God?
    I'd also remind you He is eternally timeless 🙂, time doesn't have an affect upon Him
    He isn't bound by it, He was, is, and is to come. What transpires here are mainly
    done for our sakes, the day of rest for example wasn't because He got tired.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree