1. Joined
    08 Sep '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '08 05:00
    I am wondering what is going to happen in the next four years. Just wondering.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Sep '08 05:27
    Originally posted by changchoon
    Continued economic collapse, the likes of which have not been seen till the point of a world economic crisis. It will then trigger a push towards global stabilization via a one world order of some kind. Government will slowly but surely begin to take over formerly privatized institutions to the point that private industry will all but disappear. Then in order to survive our food, cloths, energy needs etc, will be rationed. To do so, all financial transactions will be monitored via a chip in either our right hand or forehead. Those that refuse will be seen as a threat to the survival of society at large and will be eliminated. Most importantly, however, I will finally win one of those darned sermon competitions.

I don't know mate, what do you say happens?
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Sep '08 06:28
    Lots of things. Are we talking about your neighborhood, your countries politics, global politics or the universe as a whole?
    I think that we can safely say that the earth will continue to orbit the sun at approximately the same speed as it always had.
    I'm hoping that the price of oil will jump start alternative energy development, but not much progress will be made in a mere four years.
    America will get a new president (one of two possibles).
    South Africa, and Zambia will get new presidents (the way forward there is not so clear).
    I expect the South African economy to start to improve slowly starting about 2 years from now.
    But we cannot predict too much about the future.
  4. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    12 Sep '08 10:301 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Continued economic collapse, the likes of which have not been seen till the point of a world economic crisis. It will then trigger a push towards global stabilization via a one world order of some kind. Government will slowly but surely begin to take over formerly privatized institutions to the point that private industry will all but disappear. Then in or ...[text shortened]... lly win one of those darned sermon competitions.

I don't know mate, what do you say happens?
    …Government will slowly but surely begin to take over formerly privatised institutions to the point that private industry will all but disappear. Then in order to survive our food, cloths, energy needs etc, will be rationed.…

I fear it is too optimistic to think that governments would react as rationally as this.

I fear it is more likely they would just go on stupidly with “business as usual” and continue doing the only thing they are good at doing (I.e. doing nothing) until it is far too late and then, when reality finally slaps them in the face, they will panic but then it wouldn’t matter any more what they do because it would be far too late.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '08 11:52
    after 4 years we would have all grown 4 years older except the ones that will die before that time is up or the ones born during that time

this is a dumb question man. not sure about the author. but the question is definitely stupid.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Sep '08 14:26
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    [b]…Government will slowly but surely begin to take over formerly privatised institutions to the point that private industry will all but disappear. Then in order to survive our food, cloths, energy needs etc, will be rationed.…

I fear it is too optimistic to think that governments would react as rationally as this.

I fear it is more like ...[text shortened]... y will panic but then it wouldn’t matter any more what they do because it would be far too late.[/b]
    What do you mean? It is happening already. Look at Bear Sterns. Look at fanny mae and company etc.
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    12 Sep '08 14:37
    Originally posted by whodey
    Continued economic collapse, the likes of which have not been seen till the point of a world economic crisis.
    Quite likely, although some economists--John R. Talbott who predicted the current housing crisis years ago (and was called nuts when he did)--think that an Obama administration that succeeds in enacting substantive gap measures in its first 100 days might help lessen the impact so that it does not become worse than the 1930s. If McCain gets elected, we're doomed (and we might be anyway).
  8. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    12 Sep '08 15:44
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Quite likely, although some economists--John R. Talbott who predicted the current housing crisis years ago (and was called nuts when he did)--think that an Obama administration that succeeds in enacting substantive gap measures in its first 100 days might help lessen the impact so that it does not become worse than the 1930s. If McCain gets elected, we're doomed (and we might be anyway).
    I cannot understand why people dislike McCain. The man radiates Power, Strength and Nobility.
  9. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    12 Sep '08 17:04
    Originally posted by black beetle
    I cannot understand why people dislike McCain. The man radiates Power, Strength and Nobility.
    Who dislikes the man? His policy proposals will wreck what's left of America. There was a time when he embraced a couple of decent ideas--even stood with Bill Bradley for campaign finance reform--now he's following Bush's moronic agenda, just as Bush's daddy who gave us the term "voodoo economics" became--in the quest for power--its high priest.

That anyone believes his "maverick" shtick these days is a sad testament to the merits of democracy. It reflects the triumph of the "new dumb".
  10. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    12 Sep '08 20:31
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Who dislikes the man? His policy proposals will wreck what's left of America. There was a time when he embraced a couple of decent ideas--even stood with Bill Bradley for campaign finance reform--now he's following Bush's moronic agenda, just as Bush's daddy who gave us the term "voodoo economics" became--in the quest for power--its high priest.

That anyo ...[text shortened]... a sad testament to the merits of democracy. It reflects the triumph of the "new dumb".
    The explanation is overrated 😉
  11. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    12 Sep '08 20:32
    If I was American I would go 4 Obama.-
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Sep '08 21:50
    Originally posted by black beetle
    If I was American I would go 4 Obama.-
    Not if you were an informed American! 😉
  13. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    13 Sep '08 04:54
    Originally posted by josephw
    Not if you were an informed American! 😉
    After 9/11 we Europeans were all Americans. All.
    Also I have many good friends and relatives in USA. But your president Bush Jr and his administration ruined the status and the credibility of your noble country. Today I feel sorry for America due to this party, but I am sure that this great country will be finaly suported by a progressive force of change. Tell me not tham I am informed not, my friend.
  14. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '08 05:361 edit
    ...the same as the last countless millennia, surely...

the things that work are likely to survive, the things that don't, die out.

however I take it you are thinking specifically in terms of human political institutions; esp American. I think perhaps America is starting to mature a bit, taking a bit hit at the moment, which always causes a rethink/reposition.

Pre 9/11 I was speaking to americans who supported the IRA, and when I told them what was happening in Northern Ireland they didn't understand the pain going on there - on both sides. I think they all thought it was a bit jolly really.
  15. weedhopper
    Moves
    13 Sep '08 08:08
    I predict it will be same as it ever was.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree