the other *wrong* religions

the other *wrong* religions

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Break-twitching

Moves
04 Apr 09

Originally posted by scherzo
The Lord is God swt, and Mohammed is His final prophet.
Yes, you are correct, and maybe Mohammad was the last prophet, but one cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven except through Jesus Christ. Christ died for the sins of man, and that includes you and me. Mohammad simply died.

Cape Town

Moves
04 Apr 09

Originally posted by dystoniac
Come on, tw, I know you are smarter that that. Choosing Christ in this life isn't just for preparing for Heaven but also to live this current life to its fullest potential. God has a plan for everyone, but if we are not connected to Him in this life, we will never know our true potential in this life.
But according to some Christians I have talked to heaven is so fantastic that this life is really rather insignificant.

BTW, yes, I do think most sane people will choose Satan because the Bible states that narrow is the road to everlasting life and few are those who diligently seek and find it; however, wide is the road to hell and everlasting suffering and many are those who seek it. Most of mankind chooses satan.
Why do you think they choose Satan? Does it really make any sense to you? Why do you think it makes sense to them? Are you above average intelligence? If not then what do you have that most other people don't that enables you to make the 'right' choice?

w

Moves
04 Apr 09

Yes, you are correct, and maybe Mohammad was the last prophet, but one cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven except through Jesus Christ. Christ died for the sins of man, and that includes you and me. Mohammad simply died.
But that is the dividing line between the to religions. Enterance into heaven for Christians is Jesus but for Muslims it is Mohammad. In effect, Mohammad is their Christ.

d

Break-twitching

Moves
05 Apr 09

Originally posted by twhitehead
But according to some Christians I have talked to heaven is so fantastic that this life is really rather insignificant.

[b]BTW, yes, I do think most sane people will choose Satan because the Bible states that narrow is the road to everlasting life and few are those who diligently seek and find it; however, wide is the road to hell and everlasting suffe ...[text shortened]... en what do you have that most other people don't that enables you to make the 'right' choice?
It's really elementary, twhitehead: by rejecting Jesus one accepts Satan as his/her ruler. One cannot serve two masters. One must choose God or Satan

This life is insignificant in the bigger scheme of things, such as comparing the 70+ yeares of the average life-span on eath to living with God in eternity. That said, we all still have a purpose in this life, and it isn't serving Satan.

d

Break-twitching

Moves
05 Apr 09

Originally posted by whodey
But that is the dividing line between the to religions. Enterance into heaven for Christians is Jesus but for Muslims it is Mohammad. In effect, Mohammad is their Christ.
No, Muhammad was a man, perhaps a prophet, perhaps not. Muhammad is the last prophet according to Muslims. Muslims reject Christ as Savior; to them He was a prophet in a long line of prophets.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6 KJV

According to Jesus, the above quote by Him is the only way to Heaven.

F

Moves
05 Apr 09

No, Muhammad was a man, perhaps a prophet, perhaps not. Muhammad is the last prophet according to Muslims. Muslims reject Christ as Savior; to them He was a prophet in a long line of prophets.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6 KJV

"saith"? "cometh"? Did he really saith that? Cometh on!

Moves
05 Apr 09
2 edits

No, Jesus does not say that he is the only way to heaven. He says that he is the only way to the Father, and there is an enormous distinction between the two ideas. Unfortunately, Christianity is rife with exactly this sort of corruption of language.

Jesus is talking about covenant with God, and covenant with God being available to those for which it was not available before, and available to all in a different way than they had previously perceived. He is saying that it is available through him and his teachings. He is not talking about heaven; Jesus never mentions the Zoroastrianistic idea of heaven. He does mention 'paradise', and the fact that he does not mention paradise is a pretty good indication that he is not talking about that.

Cape Town

Moves
05 Apr 09

What do Muslims have to say about this? I do not know a lot about Islam and am curious. Is belief in Mohammad or Islam a requirement for entry into heaven?

Moves
05 Apr 09

Originally posted by Badwater
No, Jesus does not say that he is the only way to heaven. He says that he is the only way to the Father, and there is an enormous distinction between the two ideas. Unfortunately, Christianity is rife with exactly this sort of corruption of language.

Jesus is talking about covenant with God, and covenant with God being available to those for which it was ...[text shortened]... at he does not mention paradise is a pretty good indication that he is not talking about that.
Are you suggesting that (within the christian framework) there is a heaven that is separate from the Father? I'd interested in your biblical evidence for this please badwater. Thanks.

Moves
05 Apr 09

Originally posted by divegeester
Are you suggesting that (within the christian framework) there is a heaven that is separate from the Father? I'd interested in your biblical evidence for this please badwater. Thanks.
I am saying that Jesus is not talking about heaven, and to suggest with that verse that he is talking about heaven is connecting dots that aren't there.

I prefer to listen to and understand what Jesus is talking about, and not make extrapolations off the subject.

Cape Town

Moves
05 Apr 09

It's really elementary, twhitehead: by rejecting Jesus one accepts Satan as his/her ruler. One cannot serve two masters. One must choose God or Satan

This life is insignificant in the bigger scheme of things, such as comparing the 70+ yeares of the average life-span on eath to living with God in eternity. That said, we all still have a purpose in this life, and it isn't serving Satan.
I still find it incredible that any sane person with full knowledge of the facts would choose Satan. What are they seeing that I (and you) are not seeing? So far you have simply stated that they will choose Satan because the Bible says they will, but you have not given any reasons as to why you think anyone would do that. Surely you should be quite worried that you might have made the wrong decision? Minds far more intelligent than yours will choose otherwise (or so you say).

d

Break-twitching

Moves
05 Apr 09
2 edits

Originally posted by Badwater

Jesus is talking about covenant with God, and covenant with God being available to those for which it was at he does not mention paradise is a pretty good indication that he is not talking about that.

I'll stand by my original post. The Father is in Heaven, and Jesus plainly states that no man 'goes' to the Father (in Heaven) except by believing in Jesus Christ.

d

Break-twitching

Moves
05 Apr 09

Originally posted by twhitehead
I still find it incredible that any sane person with full knowledge of the facts would choose Satan. What are they seeing that I (and you) are not seeing? So far you have simply stated that they will choose Satan because the Bible says they will, but you have not given any reasons as to why you think anyone would do that. Surely you should be quite worrie ...[text shortened]... the wrong decision? Minds far more intelligent than yours will choose otherwise (or so you say).
Never mind, brother, and I mean that 'literally'....
No offernse, but you just don't get it, and no amount of explaining can make you understand...peace.

Moves
05 Apr 09

I'll stand by my original post. The Father is in Heaven, and Jesus plainly states that no man 'goes' to the Father (in Heaven) except by believing in Jesus Christ.
And I'll stand by my interpretation. I believe I was clear in my distinction. Further, my interpretation is what I preach.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
05 Apr 09

Wrong. Mohammed is not considered by us the son of God swt; he was merely a merchant who received the final diction from Him.