the other *wrong* religions

the other *wrong* religions

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Moves
10 Apr 09

Originally posted by Ullr
Actually it is the other way around. The path to heaven as it has been described in these forums is simply to accept Jesus as your lord and savior. That's easy.

What's difficult is to live a virtuous life while at the same time resisting the relentless brainwashing that is thrown at us since birth regarding God, Christ, The Devil, Heaven, Hell, etc.
Accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior is pretty easy. In that I agree with you. But the path to reach the lord, a.k.a. leading a virtuous life, is extremely difficult.

The path to hell is the easy path, as I said before. You can simply take a look around and see for yourself. It is easier to steal than to work for your living, easier to be lustful than respectful, etc.

I don't understand how can the path that is evil be hard and the path that is good be easy.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
11 Apr 09

Originally posted by scherzo
The Lord is God swt, and Mohammed is His final prophet.
What about Bahaula? The Bahai prophet? THEY think he is the last prophet.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
11 Apr 09

Originally posted by sonhouse
They're Ba'haists. I'm Muslim. Get it?

Moves
11 Apr 09

Originally posted by dannyUchiha
Accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior is pretty easy. In that I agree with you. But the path to reach the lord, a.k.a. leading a virtuous life, is extremely difficult.

The path to hell is the easy path, as I said before. You can simply take a look around and see for yourself. It is easier to steal than to work for your living, easier to be lu ...[text shortened]...

I don't understand how can the path that is evil be hard and the path that is good be easy.
First of all don't most Christians believe that all that is required to ascend to heaven is to accept Jesus as your personal lord and savior?

Otherwise, I think we agree that leading a virtous life is harder than not.

Where I think we disagree is that I get the impression from your earlier post that it is your belief that one must be Christian in order to lead a virtuous life. I might be misinterpreting your posts though.

w

Moves
11 Apr 09
2 edits

Originally posted by sonhouse
You know its interesting that someone like Bahai gives credence to Mohommad as a prophet of God when those that follow Mohammad flatly reject Bahai as a prophet of God. It is akin to followers of Mohammad who give credence to Jesus being a prophet of God, however, the followers of the teachings of Jesus flatly reject Mohammad as a prophet of God. It is only when you get to Jesus that you see the Jews flatly reject Christ as a prophet of God and I say BINGO, thats the right one!! 😛

d

Moves
11 Apr 09

Originally posted by Ullr
First of all don't most Christians believe that all that is required to ascend to heaven is to accept Jesus as your personal lord and savior?

Otherwise, I think we agree that leading a virtous life is harder than not.

Where I think we disagree is that I get the impression from your earlier post that it is your belief that one must be Christian in order to lead a virtuous life. I might be misinterpreting your posts though.
Absolutely misinterpretated.

I was trying to interpret the post I quoted there, not implying anything about exclusieness to christians in salvation. I'm sorry if it seems to imply so.

What I actually believe is that all religions converge on a certain point (a messenger from the heavens, an omnipotent, benevolent superior being, etc.) If you think about it, the values taught are almost equal in every major religion.

Maybe we just need to criticize, and judge others. That would make more sense than saying there is more than one god, or that only an "educated" portion of the planet can be saved while the others suffer.

We need to see the good in every belief system, treating them all as equally important. That way, we can learn from others, as well as teach and have a better world.

That my friend, is what I think religion is about.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
11 Apr 09

Originally posted by whodey
You know its interesting that someone like Bahai gives credence to Mohommad as a prophet of God when those that follow Mohammad flatly reject Bahai as a prophet of God. It is akin to followers of Mohammad who give credence to Jesus being a prophet of God, however, the followers of the teachings of Jesus flatly reject Mohammad as a prophet of God. It is only ...[text shortened]... see the Jews flatly reject Christ as a prophet of God and I say BINGO, thats the right one!! 😛
Why stop at Jesus?