1. At the Revolution
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 23:53
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    What do Muslims have to say about this? I do not know a lot about Islam and am curious. Is belief in Mohammad or Islam a requirement for entry into heaven?
    You must believe in the divinity of God swt, and you must believe that Mohammed received His final diction. That's it. Many Muslims believe in the divinity of Jesus, but we also believe that Jesus' ideas were outmoded.
  2. Break-twitching
    Moves
    06 Apr '09 03:44
    Originally posted by Badwater
    And I'll stand by my interpretation. I believe I was clear in my distinction. Further, my interpretation is what I preach.
    Preach whatever you want, brother; it still doesn't make it right. Your distinction was clear as mud, no offense. What is it about that simple verse stated by Jesus that is so difficult that it needs 'interpreting'? Jesus is clear in what he is saying. The Father, God, is in Heaven, and in order to become one with God, in Heaven, we have to believe in Jesus. How did you come to your interpretation?
  3. Break-twitching
    Moves
    06 Apr '09 03:47
    Originally posted by scherzo
    You must believe in the divinity of God swt, and you must believe that Mohammed received His final diction. That's it. Many Muslims believe in the divinity of Jesus, but we also believe that Jesus' ideas were outmoded.
    Jesus' ideas "outmoded"? Man, if you weren't serious, I'd be laughing. Which ideas of Mahammed are outmoded?
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Apr '09 06:01
    Why is it so important to God that you believe Mohammed received His final diction?
  5. Joined
    12 May '07
    Moves
    10 Apr '09 00:55
    I still find it incredible that any sane person with full knowledge of the facts would choose Satan. What are they seeing that I (and you) are not seeing? So far you have simply stated that they will choose Satan because the Bible says they will, but you have not given any reasons as to why you think anyone would do that. Surely you should be quite worrie ...[text shortened]... the wrong decision? Minds far more intelligent than yours will choose otherwise (or so you say).
    I don't think he's talking about "smart" or "stupid" people. The path that leads to damnation looks pretty damn good. The path that leads to heaven looks difficult.

Even with all the information needed to choose wisely, many people are more inclined to take the easy road, or the one that looks more tempting. Only a few will make the hard choice of sticking to the path to salvation.

If you still find it hard to believe, take a look at our society. Many students prefer to cheat on tests, even though they know it is wrong. This is the easy path, the one that leads to damnation. It can also be seen on the workplace, among friends, etc.
  6. At the Revolution
    Moves
    10 Apr '09 01:08
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    Jesus' ideas "outmoded"? Man, if you weren't serious, I'd be laughing. Which ideas of Mahammed are outmoded?
    A few were, but the early Muslims progressed beyond that. Unfortunately, the Wahhabi'ist movement is drawing us back into that, but there are still Muslims who value progressivism and innovation. Whereas the Christian church was killing people for saying the Earth revolved around the Sun at the same time.
  7. At the Revolution
    Moves
    10 Apr '09 01:10
    Why is it so important to God that you believe Mohammed received His final diction?
    Because the other dictations may have been well and good in their context, but they became outmoded as other prophets took their own dictions. Furthermore, Mohammed (unlike any prophet before him) copied the words of God swt directly as soon as he heard them (from the Angel Jibraeel), thus minimizing distortion or inaccuracy.
  8. Break-twitching
    Moves
    10 Apr '09 02:09
    A few were, but the early Muslims progressed beyond that. Unfortunately, the Wahhabi'ist movement is drawing us back into that, but there are still Muslims who value progressivism and innovation. Whereas the Christian church was killing people for saying the Earth revolved around the Sun at the same time.
    And the Muslims blind little girls in Afghanistsn with acid to the eyes simply because they were seeking an education? You call that "progession"? How about not allowing women to drive or be seen outside without a burkha and a chaparone, lest they get beaten or stoned? How about Saudi Arabia not allowing a person to be a Christian within the country while the US and Europe allow Islamofascists into their countries to live off welfare and plot the destruction of their host-country? Is that what you call "progression"?
  9. Break-twitching
    Moves
    10 Apr '09 02:19
    Because the other dictations may have been well and good in their context, but they became outmoded as other prophets took their own dictions. Furthermore, Mohammed (unlike any prophet before him) copied the words of God swt directly as soon as he heard them (from the Angel Jibraeel), thus minimizing distortion or inaccuracy.
    How does one not know that Muhammad wasn't "tripping" on some desert cactus hallucinagen. Maybe the archangel "Gabriel" was Muhammad's "trip"?

Hundred's of people witnessed the risen Christ before He ascended to Heaven. Jesus' miracles and the raising up of Lazarus are recorded events. Just as you believe that Muhammad's "visions" are the direct words from Allah, therefore the Koran is the direct words from Allah, Christians believe the New Testament to be "God-inspired" writings. What proof do you have to say that Christians are wrong? I don't have any proof that Muhammad didn't have the visitations from Gabriel, but we Christians have "faith" in the risen Lord, Jesus Christ, and faith is the bedrock of Christianity, for without faith, one cannot please God no matter what good works one does. Muhammad died and did not rise from the dead, neither did he work miracles...why?..because he was simply a man and not the Savior.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Apr '09 07:29
    You are not answering the question. Why is it so important to God that you believe the Quran is the word of God. What is in there that you must believe in that is so critical the believing in it will make the difference between heaven and hell?
    In addition, if it is so important to God then why has he not taken more measures to get us all to read it?
  11. Joined
    08 Apr '09
    Moves
    10 Apr '09 08:43
    I do. But a billion people share my faith, so I think it'll be OK.
    what about the other six billion?
  12. At the Revolution
    Moves
    10 Apr '09 15:21
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    And the Muslims blind little girls in Afghanistsn with acid to the eyes simply because they were seeking an education? You call that "progession"? How about not allowing women to drive or be seen outside without a burkha and a chaparone, lest they get beaten or stoned? How about Saudi Arabia not allowing a person to be a Christian within the country whi ...[text shortened]... elfare and plot the destruction of their host-country? Is that what you call "progression"?
    I don't approve of what most Muslim governments do to try to withhold progress. But don't cloud all Muslims with this suspicion.
  13. At the Revolution
    Moves
    10 Apr '09 15:21
    Originally posted by podge fitz
    what about the other six billion?
    They are ... uneducated.
  14. At the Revolution
    Moves
    10 Apr '09 15:22
    You are not answering the question. Why is it so important to God that you believe the Quran is the word of God. What is in there that you must believe in that is so critical the believing in it will make the difference between heaven and hell?
    In addition, if it is so important to God then why has he not taken more measures to get us all to read it?
    Because God swt wants his words to be given to the people of the Earth!
  15. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    10 Apr '09 18:03
    Originally posted by dannyUchiha
    I don't think he's talking about "smart" or "stupid" people. The path that leads to damnation looks pretty damn good. The path that leads to heaven looks difficult.
    Actually it is the other way around. The path to heaven as it has been described in these forums is simply to accept Jesus as your lord and savior. That's easy.

What's difficult is to live a virtuous life while at the same time resisting the relentless brainwashing that is thrown at us since birth regarding God, Christ, The Devil, Heaven, Hell, etc.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree