1. Playing with matches
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 13:14
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    The "counterexample" as you put it states he has been harrassed by No1 and is still being harrassed by Frogstomp. Hardly suited to serve as a counterexample, rather as an instance to support my claim.

Therefore I will stick to my original claim.

As far as my alleged short fuse is concerned, it cannot and should not be used to excuse the insults and the continuous harrassment that is clearly going on.
    Seriously though, and getting back to the original question, I think much of the 'abuse' you receive is solely because you are perceived to be a bad tempered hypocrite. For example, how do you deal with your Roman Catholic beliefs conflicting with you obvious latent homosexuality? Perhaps if you dealt with these issues calmly and in an open and honest fahion you'd be better received. Some of your 'harassers' could certainly learn from you if you took a more objective approach.
  2. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 13:23
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Seriously though, and getting back to the original question, I think much of the 'abuse' you receive is solely because you are perceived to be a bad tempered hypocrite. For example, how do you deal with your Roman Catholic beliefs conflicting with you obvious latent homosexuality? Perhaps if you dealt with these issues calmly and in an open and ho ...[text shortened]... Some of your 'harassers' could certainly learn from you if you took a more objective approach.
    "obvious latent homosexuality"

Please explain.
  3. Joined
    15 Jul '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 13:24
    As far as my alleged short fuse is concerned, it cannot and should not be used as an excuse to dismiss the insults and the continuous harrassment that is clearly going on. My temper cannot wash away the responsibility every person has for his own behaviour.
    Just a random thought, but if this "temper" is an apparent instigator of behaviors you dislike in others, would it not be your responsibility to control your behavior, thus reducing the displeasure being caused to you? And if you choose not to change your behavior, wouldn't the proper thing be to accept the negative response that you know will occur? And in that case, what does your religion have to do with anything? (Especially since it was my understanding that all Christ-based faiths believed that meekness was a virtue?)
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 13:25
    The "counterexample" as you put it states he has been harrassed by No1 and is still being harrassed by Frogstomp. Hardly suited to serve as a counterexample, rather as an instance to support my claim.

Therefore I will stick to my original claim.

As far as my alleged short fuse is concerned, it cannot and should not be used as an excuse to dismiss t ...[text shortened]... going on. My temper cannot wash away the responsibility every person has for his own behaviour.
    LMAO
    Good God! hoe, you almost had me crying there for a minute, too bad your entire post is just part of your attack !

You have asked for everything you have received , in fact I have left you be , mostly but that doesnt extend to when you post past pope pap and present pope poo that doesn't come close to the reality of the RCC. And it wont.

To disagree with you is to invite your insults,, and people are going to stand up to you..
    you have no qualms about picking fights .
  5. Playing with matches
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 13:341 edit
    "obvious latent homosexuality"

Please explain.
    The point was that, in my opinion and for what its worth, you might find some of these debates much more fulfilling if you cultivated a sense of humor. No need to focus on the general perception that you are, in fact, a homosexual. To each their own I say, while I've never had any interest in men myself, I don't harbor any ill will to homosexuals.

Edit: Plus, frogstomp is an illeterate douche bag, you could focus on teaching him the error and bonding with him rather than putting so much energy into haranguing him. †
  6. Playing with matches
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 13:57
    Ivanhoe, if you have questions about your sexuality, I'd suggest trying this website for support: www.religioustolerance.org/hom_refe.htm
  7. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 13:57
    The point was that, in my opinion and for what its worth, you might find some of these debates much more fulfilling if you cultivated a sense of humor. No need to focus on the general perception that you are, in fact, a homosexual. To each their own I say, while I've never had any interest in men myself, I don't harbor any ill will to homosexuals. ...[text shortened]... ng him the error and bonding with him rather than putting so much energy into haranguing him. †
    If you state that I am a "latent homosexual" and at the same time advise me to handle this in an "open" way, I can certainly expect you to deal with it in an open way. I am in no way insulted by your assumption but I would like to discuss things openly as you have suggested. Therefore I would like you to answer my question why you think I am a "latent homosexual".
  8. Playing with matches
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 14:13
    If you state that I am a "latent homosexual" and at the same time advise me to handle this in an "open" way, I can certainly expect you to deal with it in an open way. I am in no way insulted by your assumption but I would like to discuss things openly as you have suggested. Therefore I would like you to answer my question why you think I am a "latent homosexual".
    You're missing the point. It should be obvious to the most casual observer that, in reality, I have no evidence to support my assumption that you are a homosexual, though I'm sure your a sexy beast. Rather I'm trying to get you to deal with my suggestion in a humorous way. I focused on homosexuality, as, it is my perception, that you are uncomfortable with the topic.

Humor can be a sword and a shield. I'd recommend using it more often, you might be better received.

What is your objective to posting in the forums? You don't seem to be having much fun with it or deriving pleasure from it? Why do you think that is?
  9. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 14:381 edit
    You're missing the point. It should be obvious to the most casual observer that, in reality, I have no evidence to support my assumption that you are a homosexual, though I'm sure your a sexy beast. Rather I'm trying to get you to deal with my suggestion in a humorous way. I focused on homosexuality, as, it is my perception, that you are uncomfor ...[text shortened]... n't seem to be having much fun with it or deriving pleasure from it? Why do you think that is?
    HoH: " It should be obvious to the most casual observer that, in reality, I have no evidence to support my assumption that you are a homosexual, though I'm sure your a sexy beast."

I sure am 😏

HoH: " ..... don't seem to be having much fun with it or deriving pleasure from it? Why do you think that is?

Lack of humour on my part ?

I will take a serious look at this issue ..... 😛
  10. Playing with matches
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 14:551 edit
    [b]HoH: " It should be obvious to the most casual observer that, in reality, I have no evidence to support my assumption that you are a homosexual, though I'm sure your a sexy beast."

I sure am 😏

HoH: " ..... don't seem to be having much fun with it or deriving pleasure from it? Why do you think that is?

Lack of humour on my part ?

I will take a serious look at this issue ..... 😛[/b]
    To help you in this regard, I plan to harass you incessantly until you show signs of a lasting sense of humor. This won't be just because you're Catholic, I'm an equal opportunity @sshole as is evidenced by my accusing one of my Jewish friends of not only being responsible for the death of Christ on the cross, but, also being too cheap to use 4 nails and cutting cost by using 3. I followed his objections with a click of my heels and a nazi salute at which point I took a well deserved shot to the balls with a mostly full can of beer.
  11. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 15:00
    To help you in this regard, I plan to harass you incessantly until you show signs of a lasting sense of humor. This won't be just because you're Catholic, I'm an equal opportunity @sshole as is evidenced by my accusing one of my Jewish friends of not only being responsible for the death of Christ on the cross, but, also being too cheap to use 4 na ...[text shortened]... i salute at which point I took a well deserved shot to the balls with a mostly full can of beer.
    Lol, you sir, are a prince among men.
  12. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 15:02
    To help you in this regard, I plan to harass you incessantly until you show signs of a lasting sense of humor. This won't be just because you're Catholic, I'm an equal opportunity @sshole as is evidenced by my accusing one of my Jewish friends of not only being responsible for the death of Christ on the cross, but, also being too cheap to use 4 na ...[text shortened]... i salute at which point I took a well deserved shot to the balls with a mostly full can of beer.
    Seems you have an interesting social life ..... not boring at all.

By the way, I'll have another can of beer 😠 😛
  13. Hamelin: RAT-free
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 15:09
    Yet you found the vitrolic ad homenim directed at me specifically "Cheeky". I see.

I was about to go on and say, "didn't realise you had a character and personality to attack" but I'll not. Instead, I'll say, have a fab weekend!

And honestly, I was just spicing up this forum and didn't mean to attack you directly. Haven't met you, but I'm sure we'd have an enjoyable drink and conversation without the battle-lines of this forum. And really, try have a good weekend - hope you're not near Rita, hear she's mad.
  14. Playing with matches
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 18:22
    Seems you have an interesting social life ..... not boring at all.

By the way, I'll have another can of beer 😠 😛
    It's poker night at the Jew's place tonight, last poker night someone barfed in my AC unit, so tonight its on like Donkey Kong! Great fun was had last time as my yellow lab had taken a horse sized crap in my front yard and two of my drunken compadres wrestled over it... very amusing, but disgusting.

I think in honor of the hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico, I'm going to make rum hurricanes and jump off his roof into his pool.

I'd invite you, but you're Catholic... you know how it is.
  15. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 19:001 edit
    It's poker night at the Jew's place tonight, last poker night someone barfed in my AC unit, so tonight its on like Donkey Kong! Great fun was had last time as my yellow lab had taken a horse sized crap in my front yard and two of my drunken compadres wrestled over it... very amusing, but disgusting.

I think in honor of the hurricane in the Gulf ...[text shortened]... jump off his roof into his pool.

I'd invite you, but you're Catholic... you know how it is.
    HoH: "I'd invite you, but you're Catholic... you know how it is"

You can invite me ..... nobody needs to know.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree