1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 13:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have page after page after page of my posting history where I have just a single thumbs down for virtually every single post.
    I think I can guess who your particular weakling is.
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 16:091 edit
    I have eight thumbs down for my first post in the thread. Other than the edit I complained that the thumbs down had no bearing on the content of the post but was to do with who the poster is. bbarrs posts are always well thought out and I've never seen him engage in the flame wars that go on here, nevertheless he's getting one thumb down per post because he disputes fundamental questions. If it was just the posts where there was a flame war going on I'd understand it, but then the Christian in the flame war is getting a thumbs up, so it's inconsistent.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 16:37
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I think I can guess who your particular weakling is.
    Two thumbs-down ha-ha, you guys crack me up real good.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 16:44
    Hinds is that you sitting there all aroused?
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 16:47
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    I have eight thumbs down for my first post in the thread. Other than the edit I complained that the thumbs down had no bearing on the content of the post but was to do with who the poster is. bbarrs posts are always well thought out and I've never seen him engage in the flame wars that go on here, nevertheless he's getting one thumb down per post becau ...[text shortened]... rstand it, but then the Christian in the flame war is getting a thumbs up, so it's inconsistent.
    "I have eight thumbs down for my first post in the thread." DeepThought, welcome to the club; some of my posts have tabulated in excess of ten. Though it's a form of cowardice, the fact is that your posts are being read rather than ignored.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 17:062 edits
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "I have eight thumbs down for my first post in the thread." DeepThought, welcome to the club; some of my posts have tabulated in excess of ten. Though it's a form of cowardice, the fact is that your posts are being read rather than ignored.
    It's Hinds or some other forum flapper like redbadger. No one else would take the satisfaction required to maintain this level retardation.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 17:19
    It's Hinds or some other forum flapper like redbadger. No one else would take the satisfaction required to maintain this level retardation.
    In my view, whoever they are they're far more to be pitied than scorned. The "Don't feed the trolls" online public forum maxim still applies. Imagine the extent to which this thread represents a banquet trough to their collective feeding frenzy.
  8. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 17:351 edit
    I'm sure people read them without feeling the need to comment or click on either of the vote buttons; although I'm not convinced that the person who clicks the button necessarily reads the post, since at the moment the action appears to be mechanically connected to the poster and not to be connected with the quality of the post or have any bearing on its contents.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 17:48
    I'm sure people read them without feeling the need to comment or click on either of the vote buttons; although I'm not convinced that the person who clicks the button necessarily reads the post, since at the moment the action appears to be mechanically connected to the poster and not to be connected with the quality of the post or have any bearing on its contents.
    Good point. Also have you considered the distinct possibility that some Thumbs Down reflect a gut reaction to the author?
  10. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 17:58
    redbadger hadn't occurred to me. I doubt it's RJ since he would just reply to the post, it would represent a departure for him. It also explains the total disconnection between what was posted and the action.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 17:58
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Well isn't this an exciting game!!! ...It's like Cluedo, only with more suspects 😀

With the pattern I've spotted so far, I suspect it is someone who's first letter of their rhp name is not in the middle third of the alphabet.
    I don't recall ever up or down voting anyone's posts. Don't see the point or purpose. What am I missing?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 18:05
    Originally posted by josephw
    I don't recall ever up or down voting anyone's posts. Don't see the point or purpose. What am I missing?
    The honesty to say that you know exactly why those who thumb, do.

🙂
  13. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 18:09
    Originally posted by josephw
    If you click on the "Recommended" button next to "My Private Forums" you'll get a list of posts that have been recommended. In so far as there's a purpose that is it.

I think the purpose of the down-voter is to encourage the fairly flamey atmosphere within the forum. So we can ignore it as it's not an organic part of the debate.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 18:54
    In your case, Grampy Bobby, it could be because you are widely disliked ~ something, I think you are well aware of.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 18:57
    I have eight thumbs down for my first post in the thread. Other than the edit I complained that the thumbs down had no bearing on the content of the post but was to do with who the poster is. bbarrs posts are always well thought out and I've never seen him engage in the flame wars that go on here, nevertheless he's getting one thumb down per post becau ...[text shortened]... rstand it, but then the Christian in the flame war is getting a thumbs up, so it's inconsistent.
    I am getting one thumb down for every post and this stretches back days and days and for weeks. Virtually none of my posts can be said to be 'flame' posts.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree