1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 19:51
    Originally posted by josephw
    I don't recall ever up or down voting anyone's posts. Don't see the point or purpose. What am I missing?
    The middle third of the alphabet contains 'j', which is the first letter of your rhp name here josephw - and I said that I suspect it is someone who's first letter of their rhp name is not in the middle third of the alphabet.

You're not missing anything
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 20:02
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The honesty to say that you know exactly why those who thumb, do.

๐Ÿ™‚
    Are you saying that I'm lying about something?
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 20:10
    Originally posted by Agerg
    The middle third of the alphabet contains 'j', which is the first letter of your rhp name here josephw - and I said that I suspect it is someone who's first letter of their rhp name [b]is not in the middle third of the alphabet.

You're not missing anything[/b]
    I didn't mean it like that Agerg. Besides, I'm not the phantom downvoter as I never thumb up or down posts. Maybe it's a way of venting.

I genuinely don't see the point in doing it, so that's why I asked am I missing something. Maybe thumbing will increase my debating advantage. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 20:11
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    If you click on the "Recommended" button next to "My Private Forums" you'll get a list of posts that have been recommended. In so far as there's a purpose that is it.

I think the purpose of the down-voter is to encourage the fairly flamey atmosphere within the forum. So we can ignore it as it's not an organic part of the debate.
    Gotcha! Thanx.
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 20:30
    I didn't mean it like that Agerg. Besides, I'm not the phantom downvoter as I never thumb up or down posts. Maybe it's a way of venting.

I genuinely don't see the point in doing it, so that's why I asked am I missing something. Maybe thumbing will increase my debating advantage. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Ah, my bad ... I stand corrected :]
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 20:452 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It's Hinds or some other forum flapper like redbadger. No one else would take the satisfaction required to maintain this level retardation.
    Nah ... I think it is someone really p'ssed off with us or anyone "in league" with us. I am inclined to believe this poster wants us to see that Hell hath no fury ... ;]

I'm not so sure it's having the desired effect however ๐Ÿ™
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 21:432 edits
    Are you saying that I'm lying about something?
    Yes, I think you are lying when you say this about thumbs-up and thumbs-down in the forums:

[I] Don't see the point or purpose.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 21:45
    Why hasn't Suzianne posted on this thread yet? She rarely lets many of my posts past without a scathing ad hominem or a fumbling dollop of almost non-sequitur gainsay. She is the only regular poster I can think of who appears to have the mentality required to be The Phantom Downvoter.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 21:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why hasn't Suzianne posted on this thread yet? She rarely lets many of my posts past without a scathing ad hominem or a fumbling dollop of almost non-sequitur gainsay. She is the only regular poster I can think of who appears to have the mentality required to be The Phantom Downvoter.
    *strokes moustashe...*
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 22:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    I initially thought it was her ... then I was torn between her and grampy (for some reason), then he posted and that settled it.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 22:59
    I initially thought it was her ... then I was torn between her and grampy (for some reason), then he posted and that settled it.
    No thumbs down in a while, they are slacking off๐Ÿ™‚
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 23:10
    Like SwissGambit, I think Grampy Bobby gets some kind of peculiar pleasure from getting thumbs down (and drawing attention to them) and it forms part of his elaborate own-farts-smelling routines. I believe that, psychologically speaking, part of this carefully cultivated victimhood would be invested in him not serving up many thumbs of the downward persuasion.
  13. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    30 Nov '14 23:342 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Like SwissGambit, I think Grampy Bobby gets some kind of peculiar pleasure from getting thumbs down (and drawing attention to them) and it forms part of his elaborate own-farts-smelling routines. I believe that, psychologically speaking, part of this carefully cultivated victimhood would be invested in him not serving up many thumbs of the downward persuasion.
    To be honest I can't really fathom Grampy Bobby at all, I know for certain I'll never get a good dialogue out of him - but that said, just to clarify my last post "that settled it" means I no longer doubted my first inkling that it was in fact a particular female that was doing the deed.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '14 01:021 edit
    To be honest I can't really fathom Grampy Bobby at all, I know for certain I'll never get a good dialogue out of him...
    'Perpetually afraid of being found out' is the most apt explanation for much of his odd behaviour that I've heard. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  15. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Dec '14 13:133 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    The references to 'phantom' and 'farts' reminded me of this sketch by The Two Ronnies. The one in which an atheist policeman 'wants to have a word' with a YEC about the evidence for evolution as he leaves the opera.

YouTube

I was also feeling left out of the thumbs downs....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree