1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 04:011 edit
    Originally posted by @eladar
    I asked you where God defined it.
    This is not about defining gluttony, this is about you once again being unprincipled in your posting. You are claiming that "Christianity is a poison to the dead" and using an OT scripture to defend your claim.

I'd like you to present a NT case, in the same way you demanded a NT case for gluttony. Clearly you cannot.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 04:05
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    This is not about defining gluttony, this is about you once again being unprincipled in your posting. You are claiming that "Christianity is a poison to the dead" and using an OT scripture to defend your claim.

I'd like you to present a NT case, in the same way you demanded a NT case for gluttony. Clearly you cannot.
    It is about the definition of gluttony to me. You raise the issue, define it by God's description, not man's.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 04:081 edit
    It is about the definition of gluttony to me. You raise the issue, define it by God's description, not man's.
    In this thread you have made a claim that "Christianity is a poison to the dead". It is my contention that you don't know your Bible very well and you pull this stuff out of the top of your head. So are you able to defend your claim from the NT or not?
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 04:13
    In this thread you have made a claim that [b]"Christianity is a poison to the dead". It is my contention that you don't know your Bible very well and you pull this stuff out of the top of your head. So are you able to defend your claim from the NT or not?[/b]
    Do you know who the dead happen to be?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 04:141 edit
    Do you know who the dead happen to be?
    The onus here is on you to defend your claim.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 04:15
    KellyJay says he agrees with you, why not PM him and see what he thinks?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 04:29
    The onus here is on you to defend your claim.
    Do you know who the dead are? It is a simple question. If you know, then explain. If not, the I will explain it to you.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 04:32
    Eladar's just going to brazen it out, it seems.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 04:32
    Christ does take away misery, poison and death, but only for those who accept his truth.
    You got a verse for that, as near as I can tell, we are promised to go through the world as
    everyone else does, except with us we do it with God. Bad things can happen to believers
    as unbelievers, we die, and so on. So, what are you referring to?
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 04:36
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    You got a verse for that, as near as I can tell, we are promised to go through the world as
    everyone else does, except with us we do it with God. Bad things can happen to believers
    What is Jesus' response when a follower asks if he can bury his father first?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 04:36
    Do you know who the dead are? It is a simple question. If you know, then explain. If not, the I will explain it to you.
    It's your claim, I will expect you to explain it and the terms you have chosen. Clearly you cannot.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 04:392 edits
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    You said you agreed with Eladar's claim that "Christianity is a poison for the dead". He seems reluctant to support or even explain this claim. Perhaps you can help?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 04:41
    What is Jesus' response when a follower asks if he can bury his father first?
    Rather than asking people questions, why don't you just come out and explain what you mean and provide some sort of broad biblical reference to support it, rather than one spurious verse from the OT.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 04:46
    Rather than asking people questions, why don't you just come out and explain what you mean and provide some sort of broad biblical reference to support it, rather than one spurious verse from the OT.
    Jesus said to his follower let the dead bury the dead.

Those who do not have their names written in the book of life are dead even while alive.

Knowing this, now reread what I quoted from Isaiah.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '17 04:512 edits
    Jesus said to his follower let the dead bury the dead.

Those who do not have their names written in the book of life are dead even while alive.

Knowing this, now reread what I quoted from Isaiah.
    I'm well aware of the principle of being spiritually dead and yet physically alive.

I've now asked you several times for a NT scripture. Remember? Quid pro quo Eladar. You reject my claim about the sin of gluttony and demanded at NT reference, I'm asking you for NT references to support your claim?

It seems to me that you have just pulled this non-scriptural phrase "Christianity is a poison to the dead" from the top of your head for no better reason than it fits with your current mood, the thread title and your opinion about something.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree