the poison of christianity

the poison of christianity

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
06 Aug 17

Originally posted by @eladar
What does that quote mean?

All men, including those not born yet? How about those who are dead? How about those in North America?

Literal or figurative? What did he mean?
Well he said "all men" and he was talking about his crucifixion, his death. Paul says "Christ died once, for ALL" and As the gospel of Jesus Christ is the same "yesterday, today and forever", I believe Jesus meant ALL men, the same way Paul meant "ALL men".

Of course you and KellyJay can stick to your "poison" idea if like.

E

Moves
06 Aug 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
Well he said "all men" and he was talking about his crucifixion, his death. Paul says "Christ died once, for ALL" and As the gospel of Jesus Christ is the same "yesterday, today and forever", I believe Jesus meant ALL men, the same way Paul meant "ALL men".

Of course you and KellyJay can stick to your "poison" idea if like.
So in other words not just that moment but also into the future.

Moves
06 Aug 17

So in other words not just that moment but also into the future.
Of course! Are you suggesting otherwise?

Anyway. Clearly not poison to those he was saving.

E

Moves
06 Aug 17
1 edit

Of course! Are you suggesting otherwise?

So Jesus could be saying that being raised on the cross is the culmination of his time on earth, then on judgment day all people will literally be summoned to him.

Moves
06 Aug 17
1 edit

So Jesus could be saying that being raised on the cross is the culmination of his time on earth, then on judgment day all people will literally be summoned to him.
I don't think my post either implies, nor draws that inference.

Hes clearly not poisonous though, right?

E

Moves
06 Aug 17

I don't think my post either implies, nor draws that inference.

Hes clearly not poisonous though, right?
The dead view him as poisonous. He is the aroma of death.

It could also mean the discipkes would go out into the world letting all men know of Jesus.

Moves
06 Aug 17

The dead view him as poisonous. He is the aroma of death.
Your first statement is not supported in scripture.

Your second statement refers to a smell, aroma is not poison.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
06 Aug 17

In a world of people, he saved a few that he bumped into. Everyone else will go to hell. You don't see how weak and pathetic the jesus story is. The poison, dive, is that good people who don't buy into ancient myths are shunned by true believers. You are a hateful bunch pretending to be good.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
06 Aug 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
His opinion may mirror yours, that doesn't mean he is correct about his views.
Your opinion may not mirror his, but that does not mean yours is correct.

Moves
06 Aug 17

Originally posted by @apathist
In a world of people, he saved a few that he bumped into. Everyone else will go to hell. You don't see how weak and pathetic the jesus story is. The poison, dive, is that good people who don't buy into ancient myths are shunned by true believers. You are a hateful bunch pretending to be good.
Well I'm sure if you keep posting more of your cannabis fuelled pago-atheistic wisdoms I will soon come around to your way of thinking.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
06 Aug 17
1 edit

[youtube]icMyRaOyiVw[/youtube]

Towards the end of the video Matt explains the poison very clearly. He is completely correct about this.
The reason that I am a Christian is because God's Holy spirit sealed me for the day of redemption before the foundations of this world through Jesus. And that glorifies God.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
06 Aug 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @rbhill
The reason that I am a Christian is because God's Holy spirit sealed me for the day of redemption before the foundations of this world through Jesus. And that glorifies God.
Your parents sir both had God given freewill. If your father had arbitrarily chosen 'not' to go out on the evening he was to meet your mother (perhaps to watch a movie instead) you, as a consequence, wouldn't have been born or ever existed. Bearing this in mind, how was the Holy spirit aware that you would even exist, before the foundations of this world, in order to seal you for redemption?

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
06 Aug 17
3 edits

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Your parents sir both had God given freewill. If your father had arbitrarily chosen 'not' to go out on the evening he was to meet your mother (perhaps to watch a movie instead) you, as a consequence, wouldn't have been born or ever existed. Bearing this in mind, how was the Holy spirit aware that you would even exist, before the foundations of this world, in order to seal you for redemption?
To believes no free will and God decreed everything. As some interpret Romans nine.

or a God saw all of mankind all at once and those that accepted him with free will he gave the Holy Spirit to them.

How do you know God didn't put it on people's hearts to make love certain times to have certain children. Because people are knit together by God in their mothers womb and God puts people in office at such times as these like Donald Trump for example. Someone who should not have won the presidency but God made it happen period end of story.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Aug 17

What is Jesus' response when a follower asks if he can bury his father first?
Let the dead bury the dead follow me. I do not see how that applies,

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Aug 17
1 edit

In a world of people He saved a few He bumped into, but through the Spirit of God the rest
can bump into Him.