the poison of christianity

the poison of christianity

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
06 Aug 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
I'm well aware of the principle of being spiritually dead and yet physically alive.

I've now asked you several times for a NT scripture. Remember? Quid pro quo Eladar. You reject my claim about the sin of gluttony and demanded at NT reference, I'm asking you for NT references to support your claim?

It seems to me that you have just pulled this no ...[text shortened]... r reason than it fits with your current mood, the thread title and your opinion about something.
This very thread illustrates mypoint. I did not come up with poison to describe it, that was found in the op.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Aug 17

Originally posted by @eladar
This very thread illustrates mypoint. I did not come up with poison to describe it, that was found in the op.
2 Corinthians 2:15-17 English Standard Version (ESV)
15 For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing, 16 to one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance from life to life. Who is sufficient for these things? 17 For we are not, like so many, peddlers of God's word, but as men of sincerity, as commissioned by God, in the sight of God we speak in Christ.

Moves
06 Aug 17

You really are wriggling now; I threw you that titbit about the thread title and you gobbled it up.

The OP'r is an atheist/paganist and you, a Christian, are using his claims as somehow an excuse for you to chime in with something off of the top of your head...really?

You should just retract it.

E

Moves
06 Aug 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
15 For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing, 16 to one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance from life to life. Who is sufficient for these things? 17 For we are not, like so many, peddlers of God's word, but as men of sincerity, as commissioned by God, in the sight of God we speak in Christ.
The aroma of death is described as poison in this thread.

Nice quote.

E

Moves
06 Aug 17

You really are wriggling now; I threw you that titbit about the thread title and you gobbled it up.

The OP'r is an atheist/paganist and you, a Christian, are using his claims as somehow an excuse for you to chime in with something off of the top of your head...really?

You should just retract it.
I believe it is you who is now in the throes of death.

Moves
06 Aug 17

Can you provide some context as to why you have posted this please?

E

Moves
06 Aug 17

Can you provide some context as to why you have posted this please?
You are blind.

Moves
06 Aug 17

I believe it is you who is now in the throes of death.
Oh right. Which part of me is dying? I'm already a child of Satan according to you, so you've already played your most hateful, low insult card. Not sure where you will go from here....

Moves
06 Aug 17

You are blind.
Please explain what it means then in relation to what we are discussing?

Moves
06 Aug 17

The aroma of death is described as poison in this thread.

Nice quote.
How does this scripture support yours and KellyJay's claim that christianity is poison to the dead?

E

Moves
06 Aug 17

Oh right. Which part of me is dying? I'm already a child of Satan according to you, so you've already played your most hateful, low insult card. Not sure where you will go from here....
Yes, you are one of the dead.

I was speaking specifically about this paticular discussion. But perhaps you are as blind to the fact that you lost this discussion as you are blind to your spiritual state.

Moves
06 Aug 17
2 edits

How is Christianity a poison to the dead.

Christianity (ln the absence of anything resembling a coherent explanation from either you or Eladar, let's assume this means life in Christ) is LIFE to the dead. Nowhere in scripture is the life of christ described as "poison".

Moves
06 Aug 17

Yes, you are one of the dead.

I was speaking specifically about this paticular discussion. But perhaps you are as blind to the fact that you lost this discussion as you are blind to your spiritual state.
Throwing nasty invective into the thread is no substitute for explaining your erroneous claims Eladar.

Moves
06 Aug 17
2 edits

John 12:32 (John quoting Jesus)
"When I am lifted up from the earth (his crucifixion) I will draw ALL men to myself."

Doesn't sound like "poison" to me.

But then I don't use the gospel of Jesus Christ, or biblical scripture as a weapon against the my detractors, as some are fond of doing.

E

Moves
06 Aug 17

John 12:32 (John quoting Jesus)
[b]"When I am lifted up from the earth (his crucifixion) I will draw ALL men to myself."

Doesn't sound like "poison" to me.

But then I don't use the gospel of Jesus Christ, or biblical scripture as a weapon against the my detractors, as some are fond of doing.[/b]
What does that quote mean?

All men, including those not born yet? How about those who are dead? How about those in North America?

Literal or figurative? What did he mean?