1. Maryland
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 20:31
    Why should we take advice on sex from the Pope? If he knows anything about it, he shouldn't. George Bernard Shaw
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 21:191 edit
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Why should we take advice on sex from the Pope? If he knows anything about it, he shouldn't. George Bernard Shaw
    The fruits are really showing themselves here, thousands of time over...
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 21:25
    Why do you need to have sex in order to be knowledgeable about it? Do you need to be a heroine-addict to know that drug-addiction is dangerous?
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 21:25
    Well now just a clever quote,aint it. I suspect only the Catholics need bother answering
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Mar '10 21:27
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Why do you need to have sex in order to be knowledgeable about it? Do you need to be a heroine-addict to know that drug-addiction is dangerous?
    And as I was typing, *poof*, a Catholic. What are the odds?

Life is dangerous. Previous herion addicts make the best counsellors, not that I dont see merit in your point
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Mar '10 04:44
    When I first saw the title of this thread I was afraid to look and see what it was about.

"The Pope and sex?" I would really not want to see that! 😳
  7. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    22 Mar '10 11:24
    Originally posted by josephw
    When I first saw the title of this thread I was afraid to look and see what it was about.

"The Pope and sex?" I would really not want to see that! 😳
    I suspect he does it privately, you don't have to watch.😛
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    22 Mar '10 12:34
    Would you use a chess coach who doesn't play chess?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Mar '10 12:52
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Sun Tzu never played chess yet the principles in his famous work, the art of war have been applied to chess.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Mar '10 21:03
    Well, I don't think the Pope coaches people on how to have sex.
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    22 Mar '10 21:50
    Well, I don't think the Pope coaches people on how to have sex.
    Fair point.

Although looking at the utterly shameful debacle engulfing the Catholic Church at the moment, i don't see how that man or even the entire organisation can lecture anybody on matters of a sexual nature.
  12. Maryland
    Moves
    22 Mar '10 23:24
    Fair point.

Although looking at the utterly shameful debacle engulfing the Catholic Church at the moment, i don't see how that man or even the entire organisation can lecture anybody on matters of a sexual nature.
    Fully agreed!
  13. England
    Moves
    23 Mar '10 11:23
    your all missing the point... he only gets advice from his bishops/priests so he is fully informed on all aspects of sex. tho to be fair there is a lot of manuals out there on this subject.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Mar '10 12:18
    But surely if the topic is abstention, he should be able to lecture on the subject. Further, if it is a question of what God says on the matter or what the Bible says on the matter, then there too, I do not see why he should be excluded. You don't tell him he is not an authority on the rights and wrongs of murder just because he lacks experience in that matter.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Mar '10 20:27
    Fair point.

I don't think that is fair. Pope Benedict, unlike any of his other predecessors, has shown a lot more commitment to rectifying this problem. He has personally met victims in Australia and America. He has written to victims in Ireland just recently. It was also amongst his first actions as Pope to remove two high-profile priests accused of sexual abuse.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree