The power of Reiki - Xtians, please explain it

The power of Reiki - Xtians, please explain it

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
13 Jan 06

In my past experiences, I have beared witness to the power of Reiki. It was used to aid in the healing of someone's ailment.

How do you explain a visually witnessed power of healing as such by someone who is not a follower of any of the Xtian faiths?

Would not "God" limit the power he gives to those whom believe in "Him?" Why give it to a non-believer? Non-believers are not even forgiven for sins. Why given them a power "from God?"

This is not meant to attack - it is meant as a grasp of understanding.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
13 Jan 06

Originally posted by KnightWulfe
In my past experiences, I have beared witness to the power of Reiki. It was used to aid in the healing of someone's ailment.

How do you explain a visually witnessed power of healing as such by someone who is not a follower of any of the Xtian faiths?

Would not "God" limit the power he gives to those whom believe in "Him?" Why give it to a non-beli ...[text shortened]... wer "from God?"

Reiki is a demon. You witnessed witchcraft.

At least that's what I would expect the fundies to say.

Those xians here that are less inclined to believe in demonic forces will probably say the same thing a skeptic would. Whatever you witnessed was not supernatural.

Just my guess. I'll let them speak for themselves.

l

London

Moves
13 Jan 06
1 edit

Would not "God" limit the power he gives to those whom believe in "Him?" Why give it to a non-beli ...[text shortened]... wer "from God?"

First of all, I think you need to revise your understanding of what constitutes Christian belief. As has been pointed out in the "Christian Dogma" thread started by no1, the Churches that comprise the majority of Christians around the world do not hold the view that non-believers (i.e. non-Christians) are not forgiven, or that they are not saved.

Second, why does God heal someone who is using Reiki? For obvious reasons, I cannot answer that as I am not omniscient. Nevertheless, I can think of a plausible reason for that - to maintain the faith of humanity in the transcendental. As long as we believe that there is something beyond ourselves, there is a hope for us to come to know God.

EDIT: The demon explanation is also plausible. 🙂

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
13 Jan 06

Ok, thus far, those are the responses I expected.

Anyone else?

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
13 Jan 06

Originally posted by lucifershammer
First of all, I think you need to revise your understanding of what constitutes Christian belief. As has been pointed out in the "Christian Dogma" thread started by no1, the Churches that comprise the majority of Christians around the world do not hold the view that non-believers (i.e. non-Christians) are not forgiven, or that they are not saved.

S ...[text shortened]... ere is a hope for us to come to know God.

EDIT: The demon explanation is also plausible. 🙂
LH, whatever you say, the bible dictates that non-believers are heathen and not forgiven. Very blunty stated.

Second - I never said why would "God" heal someone who is using Reiki. I said why would "God" heal THROUGH someone using Reiki.

Third - Demons, per biblical teaching, do not have the power to heal. Yes, I have read a number of versions of the Bible, cover to cover. Nowhere can demons heal others, even using a human through which to channel.

w
your king.

H.Q.

Moves
13 Jan 06

LH, whatever you say, the bible dictates that non-believers are heathen and not forgiven. Very blunty stated.

Second - I never said why would "God" heal someone who is using Reiki. I said why would "God" heal THROUGH someone using Reiki.

Third - Demons, per biblical teaching, do not have the power to heal. Yes, I have read a number of versions of ...[text shortened]... cover to cover. Nowhere can demons heal others, even using a human through which to channel.
have another beer....no wait......you need some bourbon.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
13 Jan 06

What exactly, which disease or disorder, was healed ?

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
13 Jan 06

I would say what you saw was not a supernatural event. Either you were tricked, or there is a natural explanation.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
13 Jan 06

Originally posted by Coletti
I would say what you saw was not a supernatural event. Either you were tricked, or there is a natural explanation.
Rwingett, I am stunned that you would do this! Surely you know that multiple accounts violates the TOS of this site. Please explain yourself and why you would use Coletti's account.

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
13 Jan 06

Originally posted by kirksey957
Rwingett, I am stunned that you would do this! Surely you know that multiple accounts violates the TOS of this site. Please explain yourself and why you would use Coletti's account.
The Devil made me do it. 😵

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
14 Jan 06

Did not the disciples come to Jesus and ask him about people being healed by others? I need to look that up.

l

London

Moves
15 Jan 06

Third - Demons, per biblical teaching, do not have the power to heal. Yes, I have read a number of versions of ...[text shortened]... cover to cover. Nowhere can demons heal others, even using a human through which to channel.

"Show me the money" - give us the Biblical references, please.

Same difference - my answer does not change.

Third - Demons, per biblical teaching, do not have the power to heal.

Not necessarily. For instance, Lk 11:15 reflects a belief among the Jews that demons could cause effects that, superficially, appear to be healings.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
15 Jan 06

Originally posted by Coletti
Thank God for some rationality in this debate!

TCE

Colorado

Moves
15 Jan 06

Reiki is just a natural healing technique. Jesus says that Heaven lies within us, so it may be possible to tap into divine power, even if one is not particularly religious.

I think there is a difference between a technique such as Reiki and say the magic of which craft. As I understand it Reiki is not earth based.

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
15 Jan 06

Originally posted by The Chess Express
Reiki is just a natural healing technique. Jesus says that Heaven lies within us, so it may be possible to tap into divine power, even if one is not particularly religious.

I think there is a difference between a technique such as Reiki and say the magic of which craft. As I understand it Reiki is not earth based.
Witch craft you mean, apparantly Reiki has no belief system

this was from http://www.reikiassociation.org.uk/reiki.html

Reiki (pronounced Ray-key) is a Japanese word meaning Universal Life Energy, an energy which is all around us.

Natural Healing

Reiki is the name given to a system of natural healing which evolved in Japan from the experience and dedication of Dr Mikao Usui (d. 1926). Fired by a burning question, Dr Usui was inspired to develop this healing system from ancient teachings after many years of study, research and meditation. He spent the rest of his life practising and teaching Reiki. Today Reiki continues to be taught by Reiki Masters who have trained in the tradition passed down from Master to student.

There is no belief system attached to Reiki so anyone can receive or learn to give a Reiki treatment, the only prerequisite is the desire to be healed.

I expect it has its roots in those religions with belief in a universal energy without a god.