1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 08:14
    Originally posted by sh76
    I understand your point. But once you're an atheist, I don't see why it's even necessary to point to failings in the Bible. If you're doing it to try to show theists that it's not divinely inspired, that's another issue.
    Some people only come to the forums to grind everyone's gears (obscure-phrase-of-the-day for April 9, 2016). Making a cogent argument is really secondary to that for some.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 08:27
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Some people only come to the forums to grind everyone's gears (obscure-phrase-of-the-day for April 9, 2016). Making a cogent argument is really secondary to that for some.
    No one sweeps aside and ignores cogent arguments quite as often as you do, so sh76 would be forgiven for having you in mind, from now on, when he hears gears grinding. 😛
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 08:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    No one sweeps aside and ignores cogent arguments quite as often as you do, so sh76 would be forgiven for having you in mind, from now on, when he hears gears grinding. 😛
    Thank you for illustrating my point.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 08:43
    Thank you for illustrating my point.
    I'd simply point to your posting record to illustrate my point.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 08:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'd simply point to your posting record to illustrate my point.
    Point all you want. I think it's clear exactly who I rail against, and why.

Perhaps you'll spend as much time pointing out all your posts where you've ground the gears of those whose only crime is disagreeing with you.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 09:03
    Point all you want. I think it's clear exactly [b]who I rail against, and why.

Perhaps you'll spend as much time pointing out all your posts where you've ground the gears of those whose only crime is disagreeing with you.[/b]
    I am a purveyor of cogent on-topic arguments. Always have been. And I have been having my gears ground by the likes of you, robbie carrobie, and Dasa - for exactly that reason - for years. 😉
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 11:52
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    We lost our first child to a heart defect 13 days past her first birthday, I get that life is short
    and we should make the most of it. I think life is a gift for which I'm very thankful for, even
    for the ones we had little time with.
    We agree on that, and sorry for your loss.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 18:52
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    We agree on that, and sorry for your loss.
    Thanks, but for me she is just gone till I get to where she is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree