1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Jan '07 13:291 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Nowhere. Can I read your stuff?
    Sure. It starts out, "In the beginning God created the heaven and ............." It is here that I get writers block, however. Any suggestions?
  2. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    04 Jan '07 13:37
    Originally posted by whodey
    Sure. It starts out, "In the beginning God created the heaven and ............." It is here that I get writers block, however. Any suggestions?
    Give Gabriel a call.
  3. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 20:57
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    Here is what Quran Say:

YUSUFALI: We ordained therein for them: "Life for life, eye for eye, nose or nose, ear for ear, tooth for tooth, and wounds equal for equal." But if any one remits the retaliation by way of charity, it is an act of atonement for himself. And if any fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (No better than) wrong-doers.
    ....etc

The verse you quoted above, what has Allah revealed that would allow revenge? (ie not make the injured any better that the wrong doer)?
  4. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 21:091 edit
    Originally posted by snowinscotland
    Here is what Quran Say:

YUSUFALI: We ordained therein for them: "Life for life, eye for eye, nose or nose, ear for ear, tooth for tooth, and wounds equal for equal." But if any one remits the retaliation by way of charity, it is an act of atonement for himself. And if any fail to judge by (the ...[text shortened]... h revealed that would allow revenge? (ie not make the injured any better that the wrong doer)?
    I don't think I understand your Question Correctly:

The verse say that the law is life fir life, eye for eye, ear for ear, ect.

This doesn't mean I will do it myself. The Islamic law give me the right either to ask the Judge to punish the doers the same he did to me, or I can forgive and that will be better for me.

So in Islamic law no one can take revenge himself, the Judge order it if I wanted and the autherities execute it.

But if I didn't want the Judge to punish him Islam grante me a compensation. This compensation is a specific amount that the doer should pay for the victem from his money, if not able than , from his family or tribe, if not , then it is paid from the Government.

I also asked to forgive and consider it a charity.

I don't know if I answered your Question?

Edit: I think this is the teaching of Jesus too.
  5. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 22:49
    Originally posted by snowinscotland
    Here is what Quran Say:

YUSUFALI: We ordained therein for them: "Life for life, eye for eye, nose or nose, ear for ear, tooth for tooth, and wounds equal for equal." But if any one remits the retaliation by way of charity, it is an act of atonement for himself. And if any fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (No better than) wrong-doers.
    I think I get it now.

It makes sense in the understanding that the Quran does not follow the same message of Jesus as the New Testament.

The Law still predominates in the Quran. Messages such as 'an eye for an eye' (as per the Old Testament) ensure that you see others as people who have done wrong. That would also explain why you need to know what happens to unbelievers.....
  6. The sky
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 23:35
    Give Gabriel a call.
    User 292562 is banned. And I am not sure his texts would work too well. "tubba buubba rubba dubba boo boo poo dung bois"?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '07 02:54
    Give Gabriel a call.
    What would you like me to call him?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree