1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    15 Jan '18 06:30
    Originally posted by @roigam
    But, we are created to want to live forever....
    zat a fact?

The creators have some explaining to do.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Jan '18 13:55
    Originally posted by @apathist
    zat a fact?

The creators have some explaining to do.
    I think it would be stupid to deny the idea there are probably billions of civilizations out in the universe at large. So would they also have this idea of life after death? I can't ask them but what do you think an alien religion would be like? And would it be as valid as Earthy religions?

I would think if we actually could talk to one of those civilizations, they would view their religions as THE real ones while all the ones on Earth would be false, man made.

What do you all think?
  3. SubscriberRagwortonline
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    15 Jan '18 14:12
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    I think it would be stupid to deny the idea there are probably billions of civilizations out in the universe at large. So would they also have this idea of life after death? I can't ask them but what do you think an alien religion would be like? And would it be as valid as Earthy religions?

I would think if we actually could talk to one of those civili ...[text shortened]... as THE real ones while all the ones on Earth would be false, man made.

What do you all think?
    If an independently arising alien civilization arose that cited some sort of Theistic belief, Atheists on both sides would be on sticky ground!
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Jan '18 21:16
    Originally posted by @ragwort
    If an independently arising alien civilization arose that cited some sort of Theistic belief, Atheists on both sides would be on sticky ground!
    Not really. I think it would merely demonstrate that advanced intelligent life, irrespective of planet of origin, will try to make sense of existence and invariably attribute it to external influence and control.
  5. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    17 Jan '18 02:06
    the 144,000 die before they go to Heaven even as Christ Jesus died before he
    was resurrected and then ascended to Heaven.
    The great crowd have the opportunity to live through the end of this system of things
    and if they pass the final test by Satan at the end of the 1000 years, they receive
    everlasting life without ever dying dependent on their being obedient to Jehovah God,
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '18 02:111 edit
    the 144,000 die before they go to Heaven even as Christ Jesus died before he
    was resurrected and then ascended to Heaven.
    The great crowd have the opportunity to live through the end of this system of things
    and if they pass the final test by Satan at the end of the 1000 years, they receive
    everlasting life without ever dying dependent on their being obedient to Jehovah God,
    So I asked you this: You believe that the “little flock” of 144,000 who go to "Heaven" all die eventually?

And I asked you this: You believe that the “great crowd” that will reside on Earth will not live forever either?

Just to be clear: your answers are the “little flock” of 144,000 rise from the dead and then live forever, right? And the “great crowd”, if 'obedient', will reside on Earth and receive "everlasting life", yes?
  7. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    17 Jan '18 02:14
    Once this rebellion on Earth has been resolved, I think there may be many other
    civilizations in the universe.
    Until that happens, there are only the angels out there.
    There used to e good and bad angels out there but since Satan and his demons
    have been thrown down to Earth, there are only good angels.
    see Revelation 12:7-9
  8. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    17 Jan '18 02:15
    Yes.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '18 02:20
    Once this rebellion on Earth has been resolved, I think there may be many other
    civilizations in the universe.
    Until that happens, there are only the angels out there.
    There used to e good and bad angels out there but since Satan and his demons
    have been thrown down to Earth, there are only good angels.
    see Revelation 12:7-9
    Is this contribution intended to address the OP?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '18 02:22
    Yes.
    So you believe the “little flock” of 144,000 will live forever and the “great crowd” will receive everlasting life. And yet they are not immortal according to the definition offered for this thread? How come?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Jan '18 02:23
    Yes.
    If you would, please use the "Reply & Quote" feature, as this would allow us to more clearly see exactly who and what you are replying to. Thanks.
  12. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    17 Jan '18 02:31
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Is this contribution intended to address the OP?
    Yes.
    I'm saying the only hope we have for improvement for the next millennia is
    to learn the truth about why mankind is the way it is and how our Creator intends
    to correct the situation.
    Our Creator, Jehovah god, created a perfect world. We have lost that, but,
    Jehovah has purposed to restore the creation he has made to its rightful condition,
    As it states at Ephesians 1:8-10 He intends to bring all things together in the Christ.
    He has already brought peace to the Heavens by evicting Satan and his demons.
    We can learn God's purpose and bring our lives into harmony with it and benefit
    by gaining everlasting life.
    Could there be any better course for us?
  13. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    17 Jan '18 02:331 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    If you would, please use the "Reply & Quote" feature, as this would allow us to more clearly see exactly who and what you are replying to. Thanks.
    Yes, thank you for the tip.
    Bye for now.
    I'll check back.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '18 02:33
    Yes.
    I'm saying the only hope we have for improvement for the next millennia is
    to learn the truth about why mankind is the way it is and how our Creator intends
    to correct the situation.
    Our Creator, Jehovah god, created a perfect world. We have lost that, but,
    Jehovah has purposed to restore the creation he has made to its rightful condition,
    As it ...[text shortened]... mony with it and benefit
    by gaining everlasting life.
    Could there be any better course for us?
    I get that you are taking this opportunity to proselytize. I don't get how the stuff you are typing addresses the OP. Please clarify.
  15. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    17 Jan '18 02:36
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I get that you are taking this opportunity to proselytize. I don't get how the stuff you are typing addresses the OP. Please clarify.
    What exactly are you looking for?
    I am just putting information out there for consideration.
    If it's not apropos, correct me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree