1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jan '13 13:29
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    They are like those Roman emperors who wished to be worshipped as gods.
    Kind of like your Jesus dude then.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jan '13 15:41
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    God deserves worship, the Roman emperors do not deserve worship.

YouTube

Get it?

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    09 Jan '13 19:40
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Many academics have studied the Vedas and have remained ignorant of its transcendental spiritual knowledge.

Dasa

What do you mean by transcendental spiritual knowledge

Its your phrase so you explain.
  4. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    09 Jan '13 22:19
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    When did Jesus say he was God / a god? I thought that was Paul's idea. Jesus was an observant Jew and would never have blasphemed in that way.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Jan '13 22:55
    Originally posted by finnegan
    When did Jesus say he was God / a god? I thought that was Paul's idea. Jesus was an observant Jew and would never have blasphemed in that way.
    Jesus never did. Never ceases to amaze me the contortions many go through in their attempts to "prove" that He did. With them everything's a "sign".
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 04:072 edits
    Originally posted by finnegan
    And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” Moreover God said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: ‘The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever, and this is My memorial to all generations.’
    (Exodus 3:14-15 NKJV)

You must have not watched this video.

YouTube

YouTube

If Jesus (YaHshua) is truly God in the flesh, then how can making such a claim be blasphemy?
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 18:18
    If Jesus (YaHshua) is truly God in the flesh, then how can making such a claim be blasphemy?
    See John 10:33, my friend.

The Jews are the ones who accused Him of blasphemy. Ask them.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 20:30
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    See John 10:33, my friend.

The Jews are the ones who accused Him of blasphemy. Ask them.
    I do not have to ask them because Jesus has already asked them and they gave their answer in the verse you referenced as stated below:

I and My Father are one.”

Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?”

The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

(John 10: 30-33 NKJV)

It is obvious from this that the Jews did not accept Him as being God manifest in the flesh, but only another man claiming to be God.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 21:124 edits
    I do not have to ask them because Jesus has already asked them and they gave their answer in the verse you referenced as stated below:

I and My Father are one.”

Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?”

The Jews answered Him, sa ...[text shortened]... did not accept Him as being God manifest in the flesh, but only another man claiming to be God.
    In John 10, Jesus explains that He was claiming to be a "son of God" - not God Himself.

John 10
    31The Jews picked up stones again to stone Him. 32Jesus answered them, “I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?” 33The Jews answered Him, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God.” 34Jesus answered them, “Has it not been written in your Law, ‘I SAID, YOU ARE GODS’? 35“If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), 36do you say of Him, whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’? 37“If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; 38but if I do them, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, so that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father.” 39Therefore they were seeking again to seize Him, and He eluded their grasp.

To understand the meaning of the phrase "son of God" one only need look at the Sermon on the Mount:

Matthew 5
    9“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.
    44“But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven

Jesus calls His followers to become a "son of God" just as He is a "son of God". Clearly it is not to be taken as the literal offspring of God or God Himself.
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 22:12
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    When were they born?
    Rama is eternal and never born.

Vishnu is eternal and never born.

Lord Brahma is a demigod and was born billions of years ago by the creative potency of Lord Vishnu.........and when Lord Brahma passes over - another Lord Brahma is created and the process of creation continues.

But remember that when a living being passes over - they pass over into another incarnation............so in this respect all living beings are eternal.

This cosmos is destroyed and re-created over and over and over for eternity.

Some living beings have been here for almost eternity.........being incarnated over and over again.

However most living beings return back to Godhead........our spiritual eternal home.

This material cosmos is not out true home.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 22:22
    Rama is eternal and never born.

Vishnu is eternal and never born.

Lord Brahma is a demigod and was born billions of years ago by the creative potency of Lord Vishnu.........and when Lord Brahma passes over - another Lord Brahma is created and the process of creation continues.

But remember that when a living being passes over - they pass over into anot ...[text shortened]... back to Godhead........our spiritual eternal home.

This material cosmos is not out true home.
    you are wrong. you are deceived. your whole belief system is a lie and you are deluding your self into thinking otherwise, and that makes you dishonest.
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 22:26
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Dasa

What do you mean by transcendental spiritual knowledge

Its your phrase so you explain.
    Transcendental means .......beyond the material.

Or that knowledge beyond the mundane knowledge of this world.

And because all TRUE spiritual knowledge ultimately comes from God it is transcendental.

Activities and thought can also be transcendental.

Therefore knowledge which may come from within........can be considered transcendental if that person is enlightened and self realized with true knowledge.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 22:39
    Transcendental means .......beyond the material.

transcendental spiritual knowledge

Perhaps you could give an example of non-transcendental spiritual knowledge so that I can diffeentiate it from transcendental spiritual knowledge?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 01:02
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    In John 10, Jesus explains that He was claiming to be a "son of God" - not God Himself.

John 10
    31The Jews picked up stones again to stone Him. 32Jesus answered them, “I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?” 33The Jews answered Him, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, ...[text shortened]... n of God". Clearly it is not to be taken as the literal offspring of God or God Himself.
    The Jews understood His claim alright, they just did not believe it. Jesus claiming to be the Son of God meant He was claiming to be equal with God. That is exactly how the Jews understood it. Jesus was not correcting them, but justifying His claim.

Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God. Then Jesus answered and said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner. For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself does; and He will show Him greater works than these, that you may marvel. For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will. For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son, that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

(John 5:18-23 NKJV)

Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had appointed for them. When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted.

And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

(Matthew 28:18-20 NKJV)
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 16:51
    They are like those Roman emperors who wished to be worshipped as gods.
    They are Gods.........................they are demigods.

Do you think that God is all alone up their in the sky doing all the creating himself?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree