1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 16:552 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Jews understood His claim alright, they just did not believe it. Jesus claiming to be the Son of God meant He was claiming to be equal with God. That is exactly how the Jews understood it. Jesus was not correcting them, but justifying His claim.

[b]Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also s ...[text shortened]... you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

(Matthew 28:18-20 NKJV)
    The dead are not raised.

There has been not one dead person raised in the history of all dead people.

This is utter nonsense.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 17:41
    Originally posted by Dasa
    The dead are not raised.

This is utter nonsense.
    that is what the lies that are the vedas want you the believe. you have been deluded all this time by the evil one posing as your false gods in order to lead you astray from the one true God and his true son Jesus.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 18:223 edits
    The Jews understood His claim alright, they just did not believe it. Jesus claiming to be the Son of God meant He was claiming to be equal with God. That is exactly how the Jews understood it. Jesus was not correcting them, but justifying His claim.

[b]Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also s ...[text shortened]... you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

(Matthew 28:18-20 NKJV)
    [/b]You seem to believe that what the Jews claimed, somehow has some bearing on what Jesus claimed. It has no more bearing on what Jesus claimed than the Jews who claimed that Jesus was of the devil:
    John 10
    20And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?

Even within the passage you cite, Jesus corrects them once again: "Then Jesus answered and said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner."

You also seem to be ignoring the fact that Jesus calls His followers to become a "son of God" just as He is a "son of God" as I showed earlier. Do you similarly believe that in calling His followers to become a "son of God", Jesus is calling them to be God?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 19:11
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    You seem to believe that what the Jews claimed, somehow has some bearing on what Jesus claimed. It has no more bearing on what Jesus claimed than the Jews who claimed that Jesus was of the devil:
    John 10
    20And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?

Even within the passage you cite, Jesus corrects them once again: "Then ...[text shortened]... that in calling His followers to become a "son of God", Jesus is calling them to be God?[/b]
    The Holy Bible says Jesus was the only begotten Son of God. The rest of us can only become sons of God by adoption. The Holy Bible also identifies Him as God manifest in the flesh.

Like I said, Jesus was justifying his claim of divinity against the charge of blasphemy. And Jesus defended himself against the charges of using Satanic power rather than the poswer of God in the following way:

Then one was brought to Him who was demon-possessed, blind and mute; and He healed him, so that the blind and mute man both spoke and saw. And all the multitudes were amazed and said, “Could this be the Son of David?”

Now when the Pharisees heard it they said, “This fellow does not cast out demons except by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons.”

But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: “Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand. If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand? And if I cast out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges. But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.

(Matthwe 12:22-28 NKJV)
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 19:18
    The Holy Bible says Jesus was the only begotten Son of God. The rest of us can only become sons of God by adoption.
    How about fostering?
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 19:22
    The rest of us can only become sons of God by adoption.
    If I marry a Christian is God my father-in-law?
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 19:541 edit
    The Holy Bible says Jesus was the only begotten Son of God. The rest of us can only become sons of God by adoption. The Holy Bible also identifies Him as God manifest in the flesh.

Like I said, Jesus was justifying his claim of divinity against the charge of blasphemy. And Jesus defended himself against the charges of using Satanic power rather than the ...[text shortened]... y the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.

(Matthwe 12:22-28 NKJV)[/b]
    You continue to try to use the words of others to try to prove that Jesus claimed that He was God which doesn't make any sense. If you want to prove that Jesus claimed that He was God, then you have to show where He makes that claim.

What Jesus claimed was to be a "son of God" - just as He calls His followers to become a "son of God". He did not claim to be the literal offspring of God no less God Himself.

Why don't you stop with these ridiculous contortions and face facts?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 19:55
    The dead are not raised.

This is utter nonsense.
    Tell that to Lazarus.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 19:58
    But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: [b]“Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand. If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand? And if I cast out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore ...[text shortened]... y the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.[/b]

(Matthwe 12:22-28 NKJV)[/b]
    That is what He meant when He also said:

"Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
    If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
    But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father [is] in me, and I in him." -- John 10:36-38
  10. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 22:36
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    That is what He meant when He also said:

"Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
    If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
    But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father [is] in me, and I in him." -- John 10:36-38
    These are still quite indirect statements. In order to translate them into a claim that Jesus is God you first have to adopt the story line devised by Paul and especially his interpretation of the notion of a Son of God, which had never previously implied being God nor being a god, but was a statement that you or I might make to indicate our devotion and His protection, but no more than that. The whole notion of the Trinity is an innovation which took quite a long time to work out and actually rested on Greek philosophy and especially Neo Platonism.

More importantly though, you can only establish what Jesus said with reference to the Gospels which were written long after Jesus and were written by proponents of the new Christian religion as part of their preaching, not for example by any of the Apostles, so they are not independent sources and not objective or neutral. The gospels most likely do refer to a historical Jesus but they give a selective, inconsistent account in terms that would not have made sense to Jesus himself. (For example, Jesus would never have borrowed Greek philosophy wholesale to announce that in the beginning was the Word etc. He is never recorded in debate with Greek academic thinkers).
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 14:55
    The material body once dead is dead for eternity.

However .....every living being who has met the death of their body - will take a new body.

The soul is eternal.

And the soul will continue to incarnate from one body to another until they have achieved love of God.

And when they have achieved love of God they shall return to God and not before.
  12. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 17:15

However .....every living being who has met the death of their body - will take a new body.

The soul is eternal.

And the soul will continue to incarnate from one body to another until they have achieved love of God.

And when they have achieved love of God they shall return to God and not before.
    Oh, for the love of God.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jan '13 01:212 edits

The soul is eternal.

“Yet you say, ‘Why should the son not bear the guilt of the father?’ Because the son has done what is lawful and right, and has kept all My statutes and observed them, he shall surely live. Soul who sins shall die. Son shall not bear the guilt of the father, nor the father bear the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

“But if a wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed, keeps all My statutes, and does what is lawful and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die."

(Ezekiel 18:19-21 NKJV)

For Christ has not entered the holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; not that He should offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood of another — He then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself. And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.

(Hebrews 9:24-28 NKJV)
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Jan '13 11:25
    “Yet you say, ‘Why should the son not bear the guilt of the father?’ Because the son has done what is lawful and right, and has kept all My statutes and observed them, he shall surely live. [b] Soul who sins shall die. Son shall not bear the guilt of the father, nor the father bear the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upo ...[text shortened]... for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.

(Hebrews 9:24-28 NKJV)
    It's too bad both you and Dasa wouldn't know a god if it slapped you in the face. Humans are not advanced enough to say ANYTHING about a god, theoretical or otherwise.

Any human who says otherwise is either on a power trip to control people or is sadly deluded.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jan '13 19:22
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It's too bad both you and Dasa wouldn't know a god if it slapped you in the face. Humans are not advanced enough to say ANYTHING about a god, theoretical or otherwise.

Any human who says otherwise is either on a power trip to control people or is sadly deluded.
    Some of us use the Holy Bible to inform us and the Holy Spirit to guide us to the truth. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree