The reason atheist promote Evolution

The reason atheist promote Evolution

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Aug 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
What exactly do you base this view on Ron?
You know my views are based on the Holy Bible.

Cape Town

Moves
28 Aug 11

Originally posted by jaywill
Where's the lie ?
The lie, is that you claimed to know non-fundamentalist Christians who make the error of equating evolution to atheism.

There are atheists who make Evolution for all intents and purposes = to Atheism.
No, there aren't. And I don't believe you genuinely think there are. I think you are deliberately trying to make out that there are because you know you lied.

j

Moves
28 Aug 11
4 edits

Originally posted by twhitehead
The lie, is that you claimed to know non-fundamentalist Christians who make the error of equating evolution to atheism.

[b]There are atheists who make Evolution for all intents and purposes = to Atheism.

No, there aren't. And I don't believe you genuinely think there are. I think you are deliberately trying to make out that there are because you know you lied.[/b]

Last time I looked Richard Dawkins, the author of "The Blind Watchmaker" was a non-fundamentalist Christian.

And I repeat, your entire phony posture of objectivity is a lie.

me:

There are atheists who make Evolution for all intents and purposes = to Atheism.

you:
No, there aren't. And I don't believe you genuinely think there are. I think you are deliberately trying to make out that there are because you know you lied.

Go ahead and believe that I don't "genuinely think there are".

And I am tired mostly of watching you lie to yourself. You're an athiest bigot plane and simple. You're not an unbiased, objective observor. You're a atheist zealot logging in considerable hours pretending to be omnicompetent on any and all subjects discussed by Christians. "If Christians discuss it, I know more about it."

"Has Science Made Belief in God Obsolete ?" J. P Moreland.

&feature=related

Not five minutes into the video Moreland quotes a Cornell University biologist who uses his position as a biological scientist to proclaim "there are no gods".

(this video is not for you, twhitehead)

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
28 Aug 11

Even if you are correct that Dawkins uses evolution to argue for atheism, it in no way makes them equivalent. I have heard theists argue that the existence of the universe 'prooves' the existence of God. But it is stupid to claim that 'the universe' is equivalent to 'theism'.
dawkins does equate his atheism as an extension of his understanding of evolution, but only in the sense that it makes him an intellectually fulfilled atheist as opposed to one who doesn't have a better explanation than god.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Aug 11

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
dawkins does equate his atheism as an extension of his understanding of evolution, but only in the sense that it makes him an intellectually fulfilled atheist as opposed to one who doesn't have a better explanation than god.
Even though he doesn't understand evolution it gives him and other
atheists a good reason to justify their belief system and remain atheists.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
29 Aug 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Even though he doesn't understand evolution it gives him and other
atheists a good reason to justify their belief system and remain atheists.
are you making the claim that dawkins doesn't understand evolution?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Aug 11

are you making the claim that dawkins doesn't understand evolution?
On the video I saw of him, he was unable to answer a question about
it. That made me believe he doesn't really understand it.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
29 Aug 11

hahahah. oh my goat, was that a side splitter!
you're not referring to the video where creationists ambush him with false pretenses?

read his books, he answers all those questions and more.

oh right, you can't be bothered educating yourself on the subject. never mind then. at least you'll still be a source of levity.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 Aug 11
1 edit

You really don't understand the context of that video. He was hijacked, told ahead of time the interview would talk about anything but his views on evolution.

I guess that part of it, showing him seething internally, trying to see how he can deal with that deception, that part of the interview went completely over your head.

I'm not surprised.

I am quite sure you will continue to cling to your own interpretation of that video, not being interested in what was really going on there.

Cape Town

Moves
29 Aug 11

Many atheists may use evolution to support their atheism in some way. Some may even claim that evolution led to their atheism. But I don't believe their is one single atheist that anyone on this forum knows or can quote who confuses evolution with atheism.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
29 Aug 11

Many atheists may use evolution to support their atheism in some way. Some may even claim that evolution led to their atheism. But I don't believe their is one single atheist that anyone on this forum knows or can quote who confuses evolution with atheism.
that be true. one cannot take a source of influence that affects one individual and apply it across the board to everyone in the same camp.

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
29 Aug 11

Originally posted by googlefudge
For those having trouble finding my original post that rvsakhadeo is quoting,
its on page one of this thread...

Dawkins says there is almost certainly no God as while there is no evidence for god
there is no current (and possibly no way period) way of ruling out the existence
of god.

It gets into proof of absence vs absence of proof territory ...[text shortened]... eople who believe in evolution are atheists, or non Christian theists."
[/i][/b]
Actually I was supporting your 3rd para. I meant to say that even Dawkins was not categorical about non existence of God. In my opinion,Dawkins is an agnostic atheist. By that I mean that he believes that God does not exist but he does NOT KNOW that he does not exist.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Aug 11

Originally posted by sonhouse
You really don't understand the context of that video. He was hijacked, told ahead of time the interview would talk about anything but his views on evolution.

I guess that part of it, showing him seething internally, trying to see how he can deal with that deception, that part of the interview went completely over your head.

I'm not surprised.

I a ...[text shortened]... your own interpretation of that video, not being interested in what was really going on there.
I know what I saw and you are just making up excuses for him
since he was unable to come up with a good one at the time.
He probably has come up with a dozen excuses by now on his
own.

Cape Town

Moves
29 Aug 11

that be true. one cannot take a source of influence that affects one individual and apply it across the board to everyone in the same camp.
Even if it was the only source of influence for all atheists, it would still not be true that evolution is equivalent to atheism. The Theory of Evolution is about life and how it evolves and how it evolved in the past. It is not 'a lack of belief in God/gods'.

Z

Moves
29 Aug 11

I know what I saw and you are just making up excuses for him
since he was unable to come up with a good one at the time.
He probably has come up with a dozen excuses by now on his
own.
if you would bombard einstein with questions about physics and there would be something he can't answer, would you assume he doesn't know anything about physics?

have you read dawkins books? do you know if he understand evolution based on those books or on one question he didn't answer.

and the last question for you, because it is the least important, what exactly was that question and what exactly did he answer?