1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    13 May '13 19:25
    Originally posted by Taoman
    Thank you for that deeper explanation; I was approaching from elsewhere. Greetings.
    Greetings!

Oh the Lamp is heavy😵
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 May '13 19:351 edit
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Whenever I am fully aware of the fact that I am a patzer, I do not insult myself but I press myself to try harder; I just think lightly of myself and deeply of the world, my favourite!
    😵
    Yes indeed, for there is no opponent in chess, for there is no I, all that is important is the chess board and the juxtaposition of the chessmen.

🙂
  3. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    13 May '13 20:01
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Yes indeed, for there is no opponent in chess, for there is no I, all that is important is the chess board and the juxtaposition of the chessmen.

🙂
    I bow, my trusty feer Robbie😵
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 May '13 20:331 edit
    I bow, my trusty feer Robbie😵
    no need of bowing to this tea boy dear Beetle, this aforementioned idea is not very original, but it is of great practical value, for one is freed to a certain extent from the ego and all the treacheries that it manifests, from optimism and pessimism, to worrying about our opponents relative strength, to self loathing due to our propensity for aberration.

It is my opinion that the attack comes of its own accord without the necessity to force the issue, the chess player simply channels the potential energy that has accrued. This was the great Fischers folly when playing against Spassky in game one of Reykjavik, he tried to force the chessboard to conform to his will and was justly punished for his iniquity.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 May '13 21:27
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I can assure you I'm perfectly relaxed whe I play and when I practice. I worked out a long time ago that frustration does help the learning process.

Can you give an example of something which can achieved by hardly lifting a finger.
    I can get my kid to get changed after school and put his homework away with just a look.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 May '13 21:31
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    if you could achieve orgasm for yourself and your partner instantly, without all the hot sweaty action, would you?

if you could click your fingers and make an amazing meal to feed your family appear without the hassle of cooking, would you?

if you could make your child instantly absorb all your life wisdom in a split second without slowly teaching them over the years as they grow, would you?
    you nuts? no sweaty action?

I hope mrs Spalfie clipped you for that one.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 May '13 00:35
    The planet would also appreciate us doing less. Anything beyond survival and a decent education should be questioned. "Am I just doing all this extra work to have more and be richer [hence happier, as the mass media likes to infer 😕 ], ?
    I recommend having an international "Do Nothing Day" .
    I believe there was an international "Buy Nothing" day started, but it seems to have fallen off most people's radars... I guess the news people realized that if they don't report on it ,favourably or unfavourably, then it will fade away. It's working so far 🙁
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 May '13 00:37
    Greetings!

Oh the Lamp is heavy😵
    but not too heavy for god to lift,eh?
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    14 May '13 03:34
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    but not too heavy for god to lift,eh?
    Respecting Buddha and the gods without counting on their help, would do😵
  10. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    14 May '13 04:251 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    The planet would also appreciate us doing less. Anything beyond survival and a decent education should be questioned. "Am I just doing all this extra work to have more and be richer [hence happier, as the mass media likes to infer 😕 ], ?
    I recommend having an international "Do Nothing Day" .
    I believe there was an international "Buy Nothing" day star report on it ,favourably or unfavourably, then it will fade away. It's working so far 🙁
    Yes indeed. I like the "Do Nothing Day" idea.
    This hyperactive high tech world needs to slow down and think a bit more before rushing in where angels fear to tread. Look at all the other not so good "wonders" of gungho advancement presenting themselves -

Species going extinct, polluted waters and rivers, carbon greenhouse, nuclear war, starvation of myriads of children and no one wants to, or is unable to help...."

Perhaps we all really do need to pause here and reassess.. Effort filled technology having its creativity negated by its destruction. The world needs to find its spiritual roots as a balance mechanism at least.
  11. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    14 May '13 04:27
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    no need of bowing to this tea boy dear Beetle, this aforementioned idea is not very original, but it is of great practical value, for one is freed to a certain extent from the ego and all the treacheries that it manifests, from optimism and pessimism, to worrying about our opponents relative strength, to self loathing due to our propensity for aberra ...[text shortened]... e tried to force the chessboard to conform to his will and was justly punished for his iniquity.
    Oh well, methinks his general choices of the opening appeared to be influenced by understandings and conscious intentions triggering into existence complicated experiential feedbacks, an unbearable reality based on an action-respond field. Then his middlegame plans were developed out of the probabilities that were associated with the dynamism of the position, and at that phase he was counting deeply, creating a burden too heavy for the shoulders of the rival.
    His opponents were then forced to make specific choices on the part of the nature of the dynamism that he was bringing up whilst he was accumulating power, choices that were reduced merely to a kind of yes-no responses that hence were unable to provide complex antigame, as for example happened in Fischer-Geller, Bled 1-0 (YouTube).

The master was beyond, doing it all seemingly without the slightest effort: Fischer's causal input was bringing forth variations whose consciously experienced intentions were understood only when the position of the opponent was already ruined😵
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 May '13 05:12
    Whenever I am fully aware of the fact that I am a patzer, I do not insult myself but I press myself to try harder; I just think lightly of myself and deeply of the world, my favourite!
    😵
    I was wondering when a 'chess rating' euphemism would be introduced.
  13. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    14 May '13 06:06
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I was wondering when a 'chess rating' euphemism would be introduced.
    Attachment to one's view and aversion to the views of the others are merely a conception. Why don't you overcome attachment and aggression and then analyse, enjoying and sharing your analysis and seeing on your own what you 'll get? What exactly is the obstacle?
    😵
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 May '13 06:33
    Attachment to one's view and aversion to the views of the others are merely a conception. Why don't you overcome attachment and aggression and then analyse, enjoying and sharing your analysis and seeing on your own what you 'll get? What exactly is the obstacle?
    😵
    Your childish insults thinly veiled as Buddhist musings ceased from inciting the desired effect about 2.5 years ago, however your MO remains of interest. I guess you can fool some, but not all.
  15. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    14 May '13 09:16
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Your childish insults thinly veiled as Buddhist musings ceased from inciting the desired effect about 2.5 years ago, however your MO remains of interest. I guess you can fool some, but not all.
    I don't know what "MO" means, I act without expectations and I don't have the intention to imply any kind of "desired effect". I never told you to value what I value and to avoid what I avoid.

I had the feeling that Taoman's OP was grounded on Laozi's "...The Master arrives without leaving, sees the light without looking, achieves without doing a thing... The wise man is fixing his cases with no action... True straightness seems crooked. True wisdom seems foolish. True art seems artless...", and I provided a similar Chan view in order to offer another perspective of these quotes. You are not versed on both of these perspectives and their context, still you strongly beleive that I insult you when I pass pieces of information showing that, whenever the context of the Taoist and the Chan tradition is Greek to an individual, this fact alone becomes a barrier (mentioned in the literature as "barriers of the Patriarchs" in the Chan tradition) that does not allow him to understand the OP, and this is the case with you. This specific ignorance of yours per se is neither good or evil, you can always lead a fruitful life the way you understand and enjoy it with the people you love. I did not cast you away but your specific ignorance -no big deal. You cannot tolerate it, no big deal either -feel free to tolerate it not.

As regards the rest of your post, feel free to guess whatever you want😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree