The Shroud of Turin

The Shroud of Turin

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Über-Nerd

Moves
07 Dec 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Again, as I said before, what you think is just that...what opinion you personally hold to and we all know what opinions are worth. You have been given unequivocal scriptural evidence of why the Jews wanted Jesus dead, you just don't like it because it contradicts your opinion.
The Scriptural 'evidence' to which you refer is what subsequent Christians wanted people to think the Jewish leaders were up to. And they were at pains to paint the Jewish religion in a particular light in order to distance themselves from it.

Moves
07 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by moonbus
The Scriptural 'evidence' to which you refer is what subsequent Christians wanted people to think the Jewish leaders were up to. And they were at pains to paint the Jewish religion in a particular light in order to distance themselves from it.
Ah I see, so now you can't refute what was said, you can't discredit the Jewish leader as being a "shrieker" you now downshift into the bible is incorrect. Got it.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
08 Dec 16

Originally posted by chaney3
It does not mean God didn't do it.

Your science cannot duplicate an image from thousands years ago.

Keep your atheism to yourself, unless you can produce a shroud.
Without knowing the precise method which was used to produce this beguiling fraud, it is difficult to say if any of the processes already used to duplicate the type of imaging on the Turin shroud have produced an exactly comparable result. To claim that it cannot be duplicated however, is a rather irrational and indefensible claim.

Moves
08 Dec 16

Can anybody tell me what the point is of the turin shroud? Are we saying that Jesus left a mark on purpose or that the side effect of a god's dead body is to leave a grubby stain on material?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
08 Dec 16

Originally posted by stellspalfie
Can anybody tell me what the point is of the turin shroud? Are we saying that Jesus left a mark on purpose or that the side effect of a god's dead body is to leave a grubby stain on material?
It was produced as a relic to ooh and aww the congregation. To further the grand scam.

Moves
08 Dec 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
It was produced as a relic to ooh and aww the congregation. To further the grand scam.
Hypothetically though, if it was real.....what would be the point?

c

Moves
08 Dec 16

Hypothetically though, if it was real.....what would be the point?
It would prove an unknown, miraculous energy source for the resurrection of Jesus.

It's not the crucifixion of Jesus that makes Christianity what it is, but the resurrection.

This 'unkown energy source' cannot be duplicated, even with todays modern science.

l

Moves
08 Dec 16

It would prove an unknown, miraculous energy source for the resurrection of Jesus.

It's not the crucifixion of Jesus that makes Christianity what it is, but the resurrection.

This 'unkown energy source' cannot be duplicated, even with todays modern science.

Really? Might want to rethink that one, it's both. The crucifixion is very important.

c

Moves
08 Dec 16

Originally posted by leunammi

Really? Might want to rethink that one, it's both. The crucifixion is very important.
I didn't say the crucifixion was not important, of course it is. But without the resurrection, the crucifixion would have been meaningless.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
08 Dec 16

Where do you get this idea that the shroud can't be duplicated? It's not true.

c

Moves
08 Dec 16

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Where do you get this idea that the shroud can't be duplicated? It's not true.
It most certainly is true.
The shroud cannot be duplicated.

It is the fact that no other 'cloth' can produce a picture on a photo negative, which is not supposed to be possible.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
08 Dec 16
1 edit

It most certainly is true.
The shroud cannot be duplicated.

It is the fact that no other 'cloth' can produce a picture on a photo negative, which is not supposed to be possible.
Of course it can be duplicated. Have a bit of a google before you make such outlandish claims.

Moves
08 Dec 16

So the purpose of a man looking smudge on some cloth is to prove the existence of a miraculous energy source, and that somebody was resurrected.....can you explain how it successfully proves either of those things?

c

Moves
08 Dec 16

So the purpose of a man looking smudge on some cloth is to prove the existence of a miraculous energy source, and that somebody was resurrected.....can you explain how it successfully proves either of those things?
A photo of a cloth should not produce an image on a film negative.

This cannot be produced today, despite some posters implying it can.

They are wrong!!

Moves
08 Dec 16
1 edit

A photo of a cloth should not produce an image on a film negative.

This cannot be produced today, despite some posters implying it can.

They are wrong!!
I'm not sure I understand your first sentence, could you clarify for me, thanks.