1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '10 03:38
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Who's being spiteful against whom, exactly?
    The atheists mock the believers of God, for their amusement.....but if they have a particular argument about a teaching that has been put forward, then by all means discuss that, but mocking a person who does not accept that life has come about by chance is spitefull.

Mocking a silly belief is ok, and there are plenty of silly beliefs to argue about, but dont mock the person on the basis of them accepting a creator, because to not accept a creator, is absurd. (its the sickness)

Theres nothing so crystal clear and definite, in the mind of an honest person, than the fact that the cosmos and beyond, is completly supported by a Supreme Intelligence.
  2. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    23 Nov '10 08:31
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    The atheists mock the believers of God, for their amusement.....but if they have a particular argument about a teaching that has been put forward, then by all means discuss that, but mocking a person who does not accept that life has come about by chance is spitefull.

Mocking a silly belief is ok, and there are plenty of silly beliefs to argue about, b ...[text shortened]... son, than the fact that the cosmos and beyond, is completly supported by a Supreme Intelligence.
    "Mocking a Silly belief is ok"

Consider yourself mocked you whack job
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    23 Nov '10 09:51

Mocking a silly belief is ok, and there are plenty of silly beliefs to argue about, b ...[text shortened]... son, than the fact that the cosmos and beyond, is completly supported by a Supreme Intelligence.
    It was a rhetorical question, it really didn't require an answer.
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    23 Nov '10 21:412 edits
    Atheism is a sickness of the mind, rendering the person irrational, illogical. and blind.....a lot like syphilis, which sends the person mad.

Initially this sickness is brought about by their lust for lording it over this material world, and in order to do this guilt free, they must deny God who they are envious of.

But atheism is self afflicted, be re that life was not a random accident.......this is their sickness and we can only feel pity.
    scientists can't create this, scientists can't create that....

Here's one if you think everything material is some trivial fragment of a spirtitual never never land then you go create for us a miracle, if you can't then I won't believe a word you say 🙂
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Nov '10 00:57
    Originally posted by Agerg
    scientists can't create this, scientists can't create that....

Here's one if you think everything material is some trivial fragment of a spirtitual never never land then you go create for us a miracle, if you can't then I won't believe a word you say 🙂
    All in good time, because when you yourself, realize that this world is a place of suffering, and you want to know why me must endure birth, disease, old age and death, you might take a look at spirituality for your answers.

I know you have looked at substitute religions, and have been disheartened by many of the errors in their teachings, but Vedanta Sutra will present spiritual knowledge without error, and then you may actually benefit.

You can, by following the teachings of Vedanta Sutra ( get your miracle ) because by practicing the spiritual process, you will definately raise your consciousness, and you will see the world differently than before, which shall give you a peace beyond understanding.....and of course you will be on your way, back home to Godhead.
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    26 Nov '10 01:29
    All in good time, because when you yourself, realize that this world is a place of suffering, and you want to know why me must endure birth, disease, old age and death, you might take a look at spirituality for your answers.

I know you have looked at substitute religions, and have been disheartened by many of the errors in their teachings, but Vedanta ...[text shortened]... ou a peace beyond understanding.....and of course you will be on your way, back home to Godhead.
    Nope agerg wants to see miracles first...moreover, perhaps you'll get your ant "all in good time!"
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 Dec '10 22:341 edit
    A good four part lecture:

J.P. Moreland on the Question "Has Science Made Belief in God Obsolete?"

YouTube&feature=related
  8. Joined
    16 Sep '06
    Moves
    06 Dec '10 17:17
    I've a question for Vish and the like.

If our thoughts are driven by electrical impulses created by us how can the information contained in our brain cells be passed around the after we are dead?

We have no brain to contain all the information our brain has stored over the years.

That's why we can't have thought after death. Nowhere to store the information and no means of distributing the information.
  9. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    06 Dec '10 17:361 edit
    Originally posted by SidVic

If our thoughts are driven by electrical impulses created by us how can the information contained in our brain cells be passed around the after we are dead?

We have no brain to contain all the information our brain has stored over the years.

That's why we can't have thought after death. Nowhere to store the information and no means of distributing the information.
    You forget the fundamental hypothesis common to most popular religions: magic is possible! - and explains perfectly all those things that don't make a damned iota of sense!!
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Dec '10 23:59
    Originally posted by Agerg
    You forget the fundamental hypothesis common to most popular religions: magic is possible! - and explains perfectly all those things that don't make a damned iota of sense!!
    bible verse,

(Ecclesiastes 9:5)  For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all. . .

fundamentally sound and scientifically accurate.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Dec '10 05:53
    Originally posted by SidVic

The place we store that information is th "akashic records". This "stratosphere" of information has been described as the "noosesphere"- a place where all human "EXPERIENCES" are reecorded and put into a collective "database" where anyone can access the info once it has been experienced by at least one human.
    This is the only legitamate means of actually learning as a race. The situation must be experienced for it to be recorded in the collective unconciouss. Otherwise it is just words and ideas which do not penetrate the noosesphere.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '10 09:36
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    (Ecclesiastes 9:5)  For the living are conscious that they will die; [b]but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all. . .

fundamentally sound and scientifically accurate.[/b]
    Happens to coincide with the atheistic view. Deads don't think.
    My god, the bible confirms atheism! Gosh!
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Dec '10 10:51
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Happens to coincide with the atheistic view. Deads don't think.
    My god, the bible confirms atheism! Gosh!
    happens to be scientifically accurate and fundamentally sound, not something one would ascribe to atheism.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '10 11:48
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    happens to be scientifically accurate and fundamentally sound, not something one would ascribe to atheism.
    Atheism says that - when life is over, then the life is over.
    Christians say that - when life is over, life beyond follows.
    When bible says that dead people doesn't think anymore, then an afterlife is impossible. Coincide with theism, if you ask me.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Dec '10 11:552 edits
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Atheism says that - when life is over, then the life is over.
    Christians say that - when life is over, life beyond follows.
    When bible says that dead people doesn't think anymore, then an afterlife is impossible. Coincide with theism, if you ask me.
    Atheism, the idea that all men are their own gods
    Christianity, the idea that others are more important than you,
    Bible, a textbook for life, for the living.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree